Proposal: (TOR / NSH) I'm going to give you an offer you can't refuse

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
This is not a good trade offer and is easily refused by Nashville.

Nashville has Saros and Askarov. They don't need a goalie making 3.5M.
Even if you were to consider that every other piece in this deal were a fair value deal... it's DOA because Nashville doesn't want or need Samsonov at 1.5M more in salary.
This is a brilliant post. Nashville swaps a pending UFA goalie for a pending UFA goalie in a deal where they take on <500k more in AAV and all of a sudden it's a deal breaker. Neither of Lankinen or Samsonov are blocking Askarov. It's very clearly salary balancing. Two goalies that will not be with their respective teams next season. Use your brain.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
So Nashville get 3rd round picks in 2023 & 2025 and you're acting like this will set their franchise up for years to come.... I really hope you're being sarcastic, but it hard to tell.
Nashville gives up 2 pending UFA's (Smith, Lankinen), and a pending RFA who will most likely go unqualified (Fabbro) for a UFA (Samsonov) and two pending RFA's (Liljegren, Robertson) and 2 draft picks. It's very likely that the only pieces in this deal that remain under team control beyond this season are coming from Toronto.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Nashville gives up 2 pending UFA's (Smith, Lankinen), and a pending RFA who will most likely go unqualified (Fabbro) for a UFA (Samsonov) and two pending RFA's (Liljegren, Robertson) and 2 draft picks. It's very likely that the only pieces in this deal that remain under team control beyond this season are coming from Toronto.
I’ll take the bet on Fabbro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad