G Kevin Lankinen $2,000,000
4th round draft pick in 2025

:nashville

Ilya Samsonov $3,550,000
Nicolas Robertson $796,667 (RFA)
Timothy Liljgren $1,400,000 (RFA)
3rd round pick in 2025
3rd roud pick in 2023

Toronto recieves a RHD RFA, a back-up goalie, and some grit on LW.
NASH takes on Ilya Samsonov who is a project, gains 2 RFAs (1 winger and 1 RHD). They gain 2 x 3rd round draft picks for taking Samsonov.

This is a fair offer for both sides. NASH cannot refuse because of all the futures they'll be gaining in the deal.
Hopefully this will help Toronto in short-term going into the playoffs.

Don't think too much about this offer. It's already been actioned. I'm not really asking for permission. I am more telling you how it is out of respect.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think that's a very easy refusal.

Truthfully, I don't see much of actual value to the Predators in that transaction. The Preds already have a lot of Young Up And Coming Depth; the futures needed would be of the high-end type. And I think Robertson is very rapidly attaining something closer to "reclamation project" rather than "valued prospect" status given his egregiously frequent injuries.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Truthfully, I don't see much of actual value to the Predators in that transaction. The Preds already have a lot of Young Up And Coming Depth; the futures needed would be of the high-end type. And I think Robertson is very rapidly attaining something closer to "reclamation project" rather than "valued prospect" status given his egregiously frequent injuries.

I could see why it's not worth Nashville's while to swap bodies here and getting a few 3rd rounders for their trouble but there's nothing special going back either way.

Samsonov is a much higher ceiling than Lankinen as a goalie, but is a complete basket case. Nashville also has Saros and Askarov so there's no value in trying to take on a Samsonov type project at the extra cost.

Fabbro for Liljegren is about as who cares a lateral trade of two youngish and vanilla D. Fabbro makes more money which isn't ideal.

Robertson isn't worth trading away with his untapped offensive potential. I can also see why he's not really worth acquiring with his numerous flaws.

Don't know much about Cole Smith personally but if you told me he was the greatest career 9 goal scorer ever and hands off, I would respect that.

Reactions: Viqsi

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Do you think he re-signs? UFA right? Feels like he goes for a big pay day.
Perhaps, but if the preds fall out he’s a tdl piece. As for the trade, Fabbro and Liljegren are change of scenery and the rest is just mush.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Do you think he re-signs? UFA right? Feels like he goes for a big pay day.
Oh he’s definitely going UFA, and will sign an Instantly regretted deal (3.5x5 is my guess) but he’s a very valuable playoff piece and if the preds fall out he’s tdl fodder. As for the trade, Fabbro and Liljegren are change of scenery and the rest is just mush.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

I think this is great for Preds and I would jump at it if I was Trotz. Robertson is a solid middle-6 scoring contributor who has pretty decent production with 3rd line minutes and minimal PP time. He has a better long term outlook than Cole Smith. Liljegren is an upgrade Fabbro, in any case Nashville doesn't seem to be high on him as he's gotten healthy scratched a bit and his name is in trade rumors. Lankinen is a spare part, Samsonov while not having a good season can be a solid backup to Saros with less pressure and a lower workload. Plus Samsonov is on an expiring deal so they can move on from him at the end of the season. The 3rd round picks are gravy.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Perhaps, but if the preds fall out he’s a tdl piece. As for the trade, Fabbro and Liljegren are change of scenery and the rest is just mush.
There's no cheese cake being served here for either team, nor is there a roast beef for you to carve. Having extra third round picks is not "mush" either. There's no empty calories (zero nutritional value) being offered here. 3rd round picks give you opportunities. You can combine them in a proposal or you can keep them to bolster your prospect pool. In years past GMs like Dubas or Dorion would kill for 2 x 3rd round picks. The trade involves 2 RFAs that can be controlled in terms of salary/term. Does Nashville need this or do they want to stay forever mediocre?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I’m confused here Smith is no better then Hathaway if he is he’s still a 4th line grinder, Lankinen is nothing maybe I didn’t look at his stats this year but to me he is a Martin Jones type being payed 2 mil ( far better options can be found in ECHL in terms of talent/cheapness ratio ) and Fabbro forgive me if I’m a wrong is a fringe NHL dman like a Jokerhariju or Peeke?

I don’t see how this whole package is worth a 3rd or anything? I never watch the preds so am I completely ignorant here?

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
:leafs

LW Cole Smith $775, 000
D Dante Fabro $2,500, 000 (RFA)
G Kevin Lankinen $2,000,000
4th round draft pick in 2025

:nashville

Ilya Samsonov $3,550,000
Nicolas Robertson $796,667 (RFA)
Timothy Liljgren $1,400,000 (RFA)
3rd round pick in 2025
3rd roud pick in 2023

Toronto recieves a RHD RFA, a back-up goalie, and some grit on LW.
NASH takes on Ilya Samsonov who is a project, gains 2 RFAs (1 winger and 1 RHD). They gain 2 x 3rd round draft picks for taking Samsonov.

This is a fair offer for both sides. NASH cannot refuse because of all the futures they'll be gaining in the deal.
Hopefully this will help Toronto in short-term going into the playoffs.

Don't think too much about this offer. It's already been actioned. I'm not really asking for permission. I am more telling you how it is out of respect.

i don't like this move for the leafs and it would never happen too many pieces moving you just don't see that now a days on this league..HERE IS ONE how about WILLY for JOSI with something added either way i think that would be more doable it would help both teams hmmmmmmm

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I’m confused here Smith is no better then Hathaway if he is he’s still a 4th line grinder, Lankinen is nothing maybe I didn’t look at his stats this year but to me he is a Martin Jones type being payed 2 mil ( far better options can be found in ECHL in terms of talent/cheapness ratio ) and Fabbro forgive me if I’m a wrong is a fringe NHL dman like a Jokerhariju or Peeke?

I don’t see how this whole package is worth a 3rd or anything? I never watch the preds so am I completely ignorant here?

Well anecdotally, Smith is an upgrade in size on the left side over Robertson, and has about the same PPG as Robertson. Fabbro <> Lilly IMO, and Lankinen > Samsonov slightly. Whole lot of meh here unless Cole Smith is the breaking out as a legit top-6 PWF.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
There's no cheese cake being served here for either team, nor is there a roast beef for you to carve. Having extra third round picks is not "mush" either. There's no empty calories (zero nutritional value) being offered here. 3rd round picks give you opportunities. You can combine them in a proposal or you can keep them to bolster your prospect pool. In years past GMs like Dubas or Dorion would kill for 2 x 3rd round picks. The trade involves 2 RFAs that can be controlled in terms of salary/term. Does Nashville need this or do they want to stay forever mediocre?
Hmm.
There's no cheese cake being served here for either team, nor is there a roast beef for you to carve. [...] Does Nashville need this or do they want to stay forever mediocre?
Hmmm.
no cheese cake ... nor is there a roast beef ... do they want to stay forever mediocre?
Hmmmmmmmm.

• Haha
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
That is a whole lot of garbage changing hands. What's the point?
Becquse most trades don't involve Nylander, Crosby, McDavid, etc. Teams like NSH need to draft/ acquire RFAs. Teams like TOR need to improve their depth, and round out their team for the playoff push.

Just because the trade doesn't involve players who do the Michigan doesn't mean it can't exist.

Do you want a Zegras for Bedard trade? Then make it happen. Start a new thread.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
There are a bunch of people who haven't seen Liljegren play in this thread...

0% chance I do this from the Leafs' point of view.

Reactions: Tarmore

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Nah.

It falls apart for me at Fabbro in, Lijegren out. Also, given how few draft picks the Leafs have currently, furthering that for a sideways move makes it even less appealing.

If there's a deal between the two clubs for Fabbro and Robertson (perhaps with some extras), then I'd look at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad