Proposal: TOR - NJ

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
We will enjoy Liljegren, actually I think he's going to be included in a trade soon. but this was a horrible offer from NJ's point of view. as a Leafs fan. accepted quick enough before u can take back lol
Liljegren is under rated he will surprise people sometime soon I think. He should play full time next year in Toronto or if hes traded I could see him getting the call almost instantly unless the 2 week covid thing
As I said enjoy him, glad to see he'll get his shot. Appreciate you mentioned it was a bad trade.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
This isn't awful, but there is absolutely no reason for the Devils to trade any one of those forwards barring a massive overpayment. This is just a lateral move for little to no reason.

Robertson is a great prospect but if I'm the Devils, I keep the guy I drafted in Mercer who is pretty close to the same level and long-term should fill in nicely around the current NHL players.

Hallander again is a good prospect, but why do I trade Kuokkanen for him even straight up when he has looked fantastic so far this year under the Devils first year coach in Ruff?

Devils don't have any real use for Hyman either -- isn't he a UFA anyways? Better off letting Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Sharangovich, etc. play their way into the role that Hyman. Save that cap space to fill out the top of the roster.
I actually own Maltsev in my dynasty league. what can you tell me about him? what do you project him turning into? will he become a full time regular in the Devils lineup moving forward or playing for the time being like ummm Brett Seney couple years ago?

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
defence prospects dont usually make the NHL at 21.

he is a very good prospect developing nicely. thanks for the concern!
makar, heiskanen, quinn, sergachev, mcavoy, fox and ... and ...
the best players aren't hold back by generalisations. sandin already has seen more nhl time, despite being younger and left shot, where toronto isn't struggling for depth like on the right side. liljegren still has a chance to make it and make it big time. but the odds get smaller with every year removed from the draft. currently i would rather have mercer than liljegren.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I actually own Maltsev in my dynasty league. what can you tell me about him? what do you project him turning into? will he become a full time regular in the Devils lineup moving forward or playing for the time being like ummm Brett Seney couple years ago?
He's already better than seney and only played a handful of games. Ruff will probably let these youngsters play and make mistakes at this point its fine to do. As long as they don't screw up Blackwood's head

Last edited:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
makar, heiskanen, quinn, sergachev, mcavoy, fox and ... and ...
the best players aren't hold back by generalisations. sandin already has seen more nhl time, despite being younger and left shot, where toronto isn't struggling for depth like on the right side. liljegren still has a chance to make it and make it big time. but the odds get smaller with every year removed from the draft. currently i would rather have mercer than liljegren.
the fact you have to bring up the best young defenceman in the NHL just proves my point. or are you trying to? i cant tell.

i dont mind letting him wait. we are a contending team and easing a rookie dman in isnt easy to do especially when youre trying to win. if he isnt one of our top 6 dmen he can play regularly in the A

he is a very good prospect i'm excited for, provided we dont trade him. which i hope we dont

Reactions: Ciao

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

He's a big body that skates well, is very strong on the puck, and has enough skill to finish/create chances more than the replacement level fourth liner. I don't see much ceiling there offensively, but I would expect something like a Cedric Paquette forward once he settles in. Maybe a bit more of an offensive ceiling, but not much more.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Robertson and Mercer are very different prospects though. I see Robertson as a scorer with a ceiling of being being able to score 35+. Mercer, IMO is more of an all-round player that you can put anywhere in the line up, but the ideal position I think would be 2nd line wing. I don't really see him as a center. Mercer has a higher floor, but lower ceiling as a prospect. It depends on what NJ needs.

Maybe so but I don't think Mercer is the type of forward you trade. If he hits based on his skill set, you have your Bergeron-lite type forward and those guys are incredibly valuable.

I don't think the Devils really need any more skill in the prospect pool. The hope would be Mercer would come into a Devils group that has Hischier, Zacha, Bratt, and Hughes all at their peak, Foote, Boqvist, Holtz, etc. adding some additional scoring throughout the line-up, and provide that quality all-around game to seamlessly slide alongside any of them.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
the fact you have to bring up the best young defenceman in the NHL just proves my point. or are you trying to? i cant tell.

i dont mind letting him wait. we are a contending team and easing a rookie dman in isnt easy to do especially when youre trying to win. if he isnt one of our top 6 dmen he can play regularly in the A

he is a very good prospect i'm excited for, provided we dont trade him. which i hope we dont
there are a lot more names, who established themselves in the nhl at liljegren's current age. the big names are just easier to remember. new jersey has smith and severson. but i won't go through all the teams to proof my point.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He's a big body that skates well, is very strong on the puck, and has enough skill to finish/create chances more than the replacement level fourth liner. I don't see much ceiling there offensively, but I would expect something like a Cedric Paquette forward once he settles in. Maybe a bit more of an offensive ceiling, but not much more.
Awesome good to hear. after taking over NJ in a Dynasty League. I have to say I have become a big fan. NJ prob my 2nd fav team in the NHL. but I own majority of ur players haha. from last year though. Im excited to see Tyce Thompson too. kid looks awesome in NCAA

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Liljegren, Engvall, Anderson
for
Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Mercer

Kuokkanen could be a puck-retrieving forward on Matthews line and push Hyman to the third line. Maltsev is another defensively responsible forward. Mercer, I feel like could be Hyman, but better offensively in the future

Liljegren is ready to enter the NHL and could step into NJ's lineup as RHD, Engvall is a 4th line center IMO, maybe turn into a low-end 3C. Apparently a lot of people like Joey Anderson. If Leafs get the 3 forwards in the proposal, then Anderson won't have an opportunity with the Lefas
tenor.gif

Reactions: VoidCreature

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Maybe so but I don't think Mercer is the type of forward you trade. If he hits based on his skill set, you have your Bergeron-lite type forward and those guys are incredibly valuable.

I don't think the Devils really need any more skill in the prospect pool. The hope would be Mercer would come into a Devils group that has Hischier, Zacha, Bratt, and Hughes all at their peak, Foote, Boqvist, Holtz, etc. adding some additional scoring throughout the line-up, and provide that quality all-around game to seamlessly slide alongside any of them.

I agree. I mean you listed 7 forwards and that's not even including Wood, Kuokkanen, Sharangovich, Maltsev. That's why I think NJ will be open to trading some forwards for defense. Mercer definitely have value, but I won't say he's value is that much above the others are all pretty good. The Bergeron-lite is quite the comparison. Saying that Mercer is exactly the type of player that Toronto could use. I actually think he's quite similar to Amirov, whom the Leafs drafted.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Awesome good to hear. after taking over NJ in a Dynasty League. I have to say I have become a big fan. NJ prob my 2nd fav team in the NHL. but I own majority of ur players haha. from last year though. Im excited to see Tyce Thompson too. kid looks awesome in NCAA

all add on and say that Maltsev sorta reminds me of a mix of old Jagr and Dainius Zubrus, (not saying that he will turn into either) He is a big guy that knows how to use his body to keep away the puck.

Here is a Video that shows what I mean.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Brett Seney was the most successful NJ Devils draft pick since 2012. If you don’t believe me just ask him yourself.

Reactions: Blender

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I agree. I mean you listed 7 forwards and that's not even including Wood, Kuokkanen, Sharangovich, Maltsev. That's why I think NJ will be open to trading some forwards for defense. Mercer definitely have value, but I won't say he's value is that much above the others are all pretty good. The Bergeron-lite is quite the comparison. Saying that Mercer is exactly the type of player that Toronto could use. I actually think he's quite similar to Amirov, whom the Leafs drafted.
Mercer to me has passed Holtz as our top prospect. The kid is the complete package. He has a non stop motor , relentless puck pursuit , hard to take the puck away from , excellent board player , great vision , very good hockey IQ , good size , grit , not afraid to go to the dirty areas of the ice , deceptive shot , good playmaking ability , defensively very good in any zone. His only knock is his skating is not technically perfect and lacks explosive speed. If this can be improved , I’d say he turns out to be a 1st line forward or very good top 6 player. He is the type of player that helps you win games and makes his linemates better.
Mercer to me is more untouchable than Holtz .

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Devils have tons of decent prospects but no really elite level ones.
Holtz and Mercer I’d say have the highest ceiling but nothing that screams 1st line potential.
I’d like to trade a couple /few plus picks if need be to get one true elite potential forward . A potential 1/2 RHD ( which hopefully we get the RHD or at least a D in this upcoming draft in Brant Clarke / Powers / Hughes ).
Long story short, I pass on the trade offer. Liljergen or however the hell you spell his name , does not move the needle for me. He may be a very decent D , but we have lot of those in Bahl , Shakir , etc.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Mercer to me has passed Holtz as our top prospect. The kid is the complete package. He has a non stop motor , relentless puck pursuit , hard to take the puck away from , excellent board player , great vision , very good hockey IQ , good size , grit , not afraid to go to the dirty areas of the ice , deceptive shot , good playmaking ability , defensively very good in any zone. His only knock is his skating is not technically perfect and lacks explosive speed. If this can be improved , I’d say he turns out to be a 1st line forward or very good top 6 player. He is the type of player that helps you win games and makes his linemates better.
Mercer to me is more untouchable than Holtz .
Mercer with 3 tonight!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Liljegren, Engvall, Anderson
for
Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Mercer

Kuokkanen could be a puck-retrieving forward on Matthews line and push Hyman to the third line. Maltsev is another defensively responsible forward. Mercer, I feel like could be Hyman, but better offensively in the future

Liljegren is ready to enter the NHL and could step into NJ's lineup as RHD, Engvall is a 4th line center IMO, maybe turn into a low-end 3C. Apparently a lot of people like Joey Anderson. If Leafs get the 3 forwards in the proposal, then Anderson won't have an opportunity with the Lefas
No.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
I don’t know enough about devils prospects to have my own opinion on the trade, but clearly they say no.

thanks for claiming Aaron dell tho, f***ers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00