Proposal: TOR - NJ

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Liljegren, Engvall, Anderson
for
Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Mercer

Kuokkanen could be a puck-retrieving forward on Matthews line and push Hyman to the third line. Maltsev is another defensively responsible forward. Mercer, I feel like could be Hyman, but better offensively in the future

Liljegren is ready to enter the NHL and could step into NJ's lineup as RHD, Engvall is a 4th line center IMO, maybe turn into a low-end 3C. Apparently a lot of people like Joey Anderson. If Leafs get the 3 forwards in the proposal, then Anderson won't have an opportunity with the Lefas

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Liljegren, Engvall, Anderson
for
Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Mercer

Kuokkanen could be a puck-retrieving forward on Matthews line and push Hyman to the third line. Maltsev is another defensively responsible forward. Mercer, I feel like could be Hyman, but better offensively in the future

Liljegren is ready to enter the NHL and could step into NJ's lineup as RHD, Engvall is a 4th line center IMO, maybe turn into a low-end 3C. Apparently a lot of people like Joey Anderson. If Leafs get the 3 forwards in the proposal, then Anderson won't have an opportunity with the Lefas
Terrible
EDIT-Just saw Mercer in that OP, F- off!

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Why would New Jersey want Anderson back? If Engvall isn't forechecking, he isn't doing a damn thing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I kept hoping it would get better and then I got to Mercer lol

come on man. NJ has no reason to trade him or Kuokkanen who has been one of our better forwards this year

Reactions: Flyer lurker

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Why would the Devils want Anderson back? He's OK player, but they moved on from him in order to get better.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
those 2 have been amongst our best and most consistent forwards all year, and mercer is a top 3 prospect in our system.

Rfc0f01d114d84a402abd99f8d485c6bf

Reactions: My3Sons

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
And still not in the NHL, they are obviously developing him for that 23 year old breakout.

Liljegren is definitely ready for the NHL, but Leafs management just won't promote him. Last year, they promoted 28 year old Holl, instead of Liljegren. I think it's a bit short-sighted, but hey, Matthews only signed a 5 year contract. I think if he was with NJ, he would've been in the NHL last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad