Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Counter Offer!

Mercer, Kuokkanen, Maltsev,

for

Nick Robertson, Hållander, Hyman

This isn't awful, but there is absolutely no reason for the Devils to trade any one of those forwards barring a massive overpayment. This is just a lateral move for little to no reason.

Robertson is a great prospect but if I'm the Devils, I keep the guy I drafted in Mercer who is pretty close to the same level and long-term should fill in nicely around the current NHL players.

Hallander again is a good prospect, but why do I trade Kuokkanen for him even straight up when he has looked fantastic so far this year under the Devils first year coach in Ruff?

Devils don't have any real use for Hyman either -- isn't he a UFA anyways? Better off letting Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Sharangovich, etc. play their way into the role that Hyman. Save that cap space to fill out the top of the roster.

Reactions: My3Sons

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Counter Offer!

Mercer, Kuokkanen, Maltsev,

for

Nick Robertson, Hållander, Hyman
There's absolutely zero reason for the Leafs to trade Hyman if they're going all in at the deadline.

If Hyman is asking for 4M+ on the extension, I'd do the deal
The largest contracts that went to UFA forwards last fall were for Toffoli and Dadanov, and Hyman scores less than both of these players. Toffoli also saw a pay decrease ($4.6M to $4.25M) and Dadanov saw a $1M pay increase ($4M to $5M). Hyman's extension won't be as much as the Toronto media seems to think it will be.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
This isn't awful, but there is absolutely no reason for the Devils to trade any one of those forwards barring a massive overpayment.

Robertson is a great prospect but if I'm the Devils, I keep the guy I drafted in Mercer who is pretty close to the same level and long-term should fill in nicely around the current NHL players.

Hallander again is a good prospect, but why do I trade Kuokkanen for him even straight up when he has looked fantastic so far this year under the Devils first year coach in Ruff?

Devils don't have any real use for Hyman either -- isn't he a UFA anyways? Better off letting Kuokkanen, Maltsev, Sharangovich, etc. play their way into the role that Hyman. Save that cap space to fill out the top of the roster.

understandable, I thought it would be a way to even out out our RW and LW depth by trading Mercer for Robertson. Hallander would be the Maltsev replacement and Hyman I thought could be what Johnsson was suppose to be for us and simply be where Hughes needs him to be like he does with Mathews.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
This isn't awful, but there is absolutely no reason for the Devils to trade any one of those forwards barring a massive overpayment. This is just a lateral move for little to no reason.

Robertson and Mercer are very different prospects though. I see Robertson as a scorer with a ceiling of being being able to score 35+. Mercer, IMO is more of an all-round player that you can put anywhere in the line up, but the ideal position I think would be 2nd line wing. I don't really see him as a center. Mercer has a higher floor, but lower ceiling as a prospect. It depends on what NJ needs.

FightingIrishDevil

Mar 18, 2021
If you give up Nylander we will give you Mercer.

>

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
i wouldnt trade Nylander for 3 Mercers
are we talking about 3 exact Mercers or can one of them be an LW Mercer? If its the second I would totally take those Mercers over Nylander. Now if they were the exact same Mercers then I wouldn't want that many Mercers cause thats one Mercer to much.

Reactions: Bankers Box

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
are we talking about 3 exact Mercers or can one of them be an LW Mercer? If its the second I would totally take those Mercers over Nylander. Now if they were the exact same Mercers then I wouldn't want that many Mercers cause thats one Mercer to much.
plot twist i was talking about Rick the whole time :sarcasm:

rick-mercer-headshot-celebrated-ambassador-250x375.jpg

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Mercer may play pro games before Lilj! Enjoy him!
We will enjoy Liljegren, actually I think he's going to be included in a trade soon. but this was a horrible offer from NJ's point of view. as a Leafs fan. accepted quick enough before u can take back lol
Liljegren is under rated he will surprise people sometime soon I think. He should play full time next year in Toronto or if hes traded I could see him getting the call almost instantly unless the 2 week covid thing

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00