Proposal: TOR / MIN

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I suspect Kerfoot as a piece may be more attractive to Wild's management than some fans in this thread are presuming.

He would fall in line with the "retool strategy" they seem to be following of bringing in newish younger bodies to shake things up.

He wouldn't He literally isn't a 1c or 2c. He isn't better than ek or Staal or if wild get lucky in lottery, he isn't better than a top c. Kerfoot would literally be 4c on wild & wild have money they need to spend to resign players & chase a top c

Reactions: Flyer lurker

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
how do you feel about a kerfoot for pateryn deal?

Value is probably too good for Guerin to pass up unless he has other plans for cap-space. Unlikely Sturm will surpass Kerfoot as a player, Staal may not get another contract, there's a center spot available for Kerfoot the next couple years regardless of how Khovanov/draft picks progress.

I suspect Kerfoot as a piece may be more attractive to Wild's management than some fans in this thread are presuming.

He would fall in line with the "retool strategy" they seem to be following of bringing in newish younger bodies to shake things up.

He fills a need yes, but how much his addition would affect the team is up for debate. Staal + Eriksson Ek + Kerfoot is still a below average trio of centers. Cap hit for Kerfoot is high if he's centering the 4th line, and we've already got a surplus of wingers.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Value is probably too good for Guerin to pass up unless he has other plans for cap-space. Unlikely Sturm will surpass Kerfoot as a player, Staal may not get another contract, there's a center spot available for Kerfoot the next couple years regardless of how Khovanov/draft picks progress.

He fills a need yes, but how much his addition would affect the team is up for debate. Staal + Eriksson Ek + Kerfoot is still a below average trio of centers. Cap hit for Kerfoot is high if he's centering the 4th line, and we've already got a surplus of wingers.

If Khovanov develops, he will be a 1 or 2c. Eric Staal still has 1 year & fur now is 1c. Ek is 2 or 3c. Sturm 4 c, so I don't see anyway Vikings trading for a 3 mil c to play 4th Line over Sturm especially wild get a good draft pick for a c who can play right away as 1 or 2c meaning no place for kerfoot.

Or if somehow, bill guerin does the unthinkable & trades for a 1 or 2c

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

I don't disagree with this. I guess where I may differ is im skeptical the Wild will be able to bring in the type of asset they really need without giving up assets they cant (or dont want to) move. So a guy like Kerfoot seems like a compromise option

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If Khovanov develops, he will be a 1 or 2c. Eric Staal still has 1 year & fur now is 1c. Ek is 2 or 3c. Sturm 4 c, so I don't see anyway Vikings trading for a 3 mil c to play 4th Line over Sturm especially wild get a good draft pick for a c who can play right away as 1 or 2c meaning no place for kerfoot.

Or if somehow, bill guerin does the unthinkable & trades for a 1 or 2c
ok

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
dude you go to every leafs thread and say the value is bad for the other team...every thread.

also your last sentence is flat our wrong. kerfoot would stay over johnsson because a) dubas brought in kerfoot, while johnsson was a holdover and b) the leafs have plenty of top 9 wingers and dont have a replacement 3c)

but you do you
a) silly silly reason.
b) Johnsson better player (pre-injury) but Kerfoot bigger position need.
c) There will be better players out there available for 2,4 it just about positional need for other teams. If Minnesota and seeing Tampa's cap all day every day I would trade for Killorn instead of Kerfoot.
d) Home team bases who put out trades are generally one sided toward their home team. Wow shocker.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
I don't disagree with this. I guess where I may differ is im skeptical the Wild will be able to bring in the type of asset they really need without giving up assets they cant (or dont want to) move. So a guy like Kerfoot seems like a compromise option

Yeah like I said if it was Pateryn or other "nothing" assets I think it makes sense, 2nd is too much. Would prefer an expiring player like Bozak or Stepan honestly, and see where our guys are at in a year(throw Eriksson Ek on a scoring line and see if the production goes up).

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
dude you go to every leafs thread and say the value is bad for the other team...every thread.

also your last sentence is flat our wrong. kerfoot would stay over johnsson because a) dubas brought in kerfoot, while johnsson was a holdover and b) the leafs have plenty of top 9 wingers and dont have a replacement 3c)

but you do you
Now lets check honesty factor.
Say St Louis is signing Alex P.
You can trade for 5m a year get Bozak for a 7 or even a small add from STL to take contract off the books. Or pay 3.75m for Kerfoot and give up a 2 and 4. What is right call?

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Sadly I doubt Kerfoot holds much value, Johnsson was a good piece going into the year but had an injury riddled year that really hindered his value. Going to be interesting if they sell either for pennys

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Regardless of the value of the deal. Minny fans keep referencing this no 1C who is being traded for.

who is that?

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Regardless of the value of the deal. Minny fans keep referencing this no 1C who is being traded for.

who is that?

What part don't you get even if Minnesota doesn't get 1c, Guerin will do everything to trade off a c who can be a 1 or 2c. Either way Minnesota has contract extensions to sign with only 15 to 20 m in caproom

Kerfoot isn't playing over Staal, c ( traded for, drafted, or signed, ek, & will play sturm on 4th line. They also have a potential 1 or 2 c in the system in Alexander Khovanov who will be knocking on door within 6month or 1 year.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
What part don't you get even if Minnesota doesn't get 1c, Guerin will do everything to trade off a c who can be a 1 or 2c. Either way Minnesota has contract extensions to sign with only 15 to 20 m in caproom

Kerfoot isn't playing over Staal, c ( traded for, drafted, or signed, ek, & will play sturm on 4th line. They also have a potential 1 or 2 c in the system in Alexander Khovanov who will be knocking on door within 6month or 1 year.

What part don’t you get about specifically saying it’s not about this proposal, but what no 1 c are minny fans predicting they will get?

It’s kinda odd that people keep bringing up this magical no1c without mentioning who or how......

What’s the prediction? Eichel demands a trade? Barkov? Hall can play c? What options are people here are so sure exists?

Reactions: Menzinger

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
What part don’t you get about specifically saying it’s not about this proposal, but what no 1 c are minny fans predicting they will get?

It’s kinda odd that people keep bringing up this magical no1c without mentioning who or how......

What’s the prediction? Eichel demands a trade? Barkov? Hall can play c? What options are people here are so sure exists?

Are you a general manager? There are always options fans don't know about. Kerfoot at 3 or 4 mil for wild 4th line or potentially 3rd line isn't needed.

Guerin made it clear whether through draft or trade there will be a top 6 c.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Are you a general manager? There are always options fans don't know about. Kerfoot at 3 or 4 mil for wild 4th line or potentially 3rd line isn't needed.

Guerin made it clear whether through draft or trade there will be a top 6 c.

? are you? By that logic. As far as you Know. Kerfoot is the option?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Teams are also supposed to have a plan for the future when free agents like Alex P. become available, instead of watching on the side unable to make the team better.
Your position is pretty irrational. His plan should have been to have 10 mil in empty Cap space in case Petro became free agent and wants to come here? We can all take that opinion seriously....

Nothing wrong with spending your money if the players are worth it, which all of ours are (you can argue Marner but whatever). There is this thing called trading which lets you move players to lower your Cap so you can bring in other players......you should look into that.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
? are you? By that logic. As far as you Know. Kerfoot is the option?

Guerin made it clear his goal is to
Get a top 6c. Why do you care so much if wild don't want kerfoot? Kerfoot isn't better than Ek or Staal or even Alexander Khovanov who is up & coming.

Minnesota wild doesn't need anymore bottom 6 players.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Get a top 6c. Why do you care so much if wild don't want kerfoot? Kerfoot isn't better than Ek or Staal or even Alexander Khovanov who is up & coming.

Do Wild fans a gigantic favor and just stop posting. Please?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

I don’t care. I specifically said nothing about kerfoot. I asked who they were targeting. Wild fans are making numerous comments that they are getting a no 1C

I am wonder who that is.
. I have no idea what is difficult about this. Like at all.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Do Wild fans a gigantic favor and just stop posting. Please?

Nothing I said was wrong because it's been reported a million times but you want to mean. Yeah. I am embarrassing because I stated a fact. My gosh people like you just have to look this up. But yeah go to name calling, really nice

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t care. I specifically said nothing about kerfoot. I asked who they were targeting. Wild fans are making numerous comments that they are getting a no 1C

I am wonder who that is.
. I have no idea what is difficult about this. Like at all.

Let's just be clear here, it's not "Wild fans" it's one fan.

We have no idea who's available or who Guerin will be targeting. All we know is Guerin has said he'll be in the market this year and next until he finds one. Most of us are not holding our breaths because we recognize that 1C's aren't traded, and if they are, it probably comes with baggage in the form of an expiring contract, a bloated contract, or other on/off-ice issues, which doesn't ring the bell of excitement for most of us.

Realistically, I think the best most of us are expecting is someone like RNH, Trochek before the Carolina trade, Tyler Johnson, Kyle Turris, as examples, which as you can tell, are not 1C's.

Reactions: BHD

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Let's just be clear here, it's not "Wild fans" it's one fan.

We have no idea who's available or who Guerin will be targeting. All we know is Guerin has said he'll be in the market this year and next until he finds one. Most of us are not holding our breaths because we recognize that 1C's aren't traded, and if they are, it probably comes with baggage in the form of an expiring contract, a bloated contract, or other on/off-ice issues, which doesn't ring the bell of excitement for most of us.

Realistically, I think the best most of us are expecting is someone like RNH, Trochek before the Carolina trade, Tyler Johnson, Kyle Turris, as examples, which as you can tell, are not 1C's.

rnh might work.... actually. Kind of a 1B. I would steer clear of Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad