Proposal: TOR / MIN

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Kerfoot is right player to move if is only about getting under the cap. 2nd round is too much in this scenerio. For example if Minnesota I would offer this package for Killorn over Kerfoot 10 out of 10. Kerfoot for 3 might fly.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I think Kerfoot would be an attractive option for some teams. But only if the Leads can find a McCann or Eriksson-Ek type to come in and take his place.

Wouldn't be giving him up without something already in the pipeline, as C depth in Toronto is not good.

Reactions: qqaz

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I think Kerfoot would be an attractive option for some teams. But only if the Leads can find a McCann or Eriksson-Ek type to come in and take his place.

Wouldn't be giving him up without something already in the pipeline, as C depth in Toronto is not good.

Minnesota isn't trading Eriksson elk, A young really good next Mikko Koivu, who came on this season.

Minnesota doesn't need kerfoot. Minnesota is trying to find a 1c , not a 3c . Minnesota c next season will be Eric Staal, elk, sturm & 1or 2c. So , yeah no

Reactions: Flyer lurker

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Kerfoot was actually really good this season, so long as he was playing C, not wing. He got shifted around a lot when teammates were out with injury, and didn't play near as well as a winger in Toronto.

I think Toronto would still accept the trade in to OP, just because it's an easy answer to the cap crunch. But MIN would, understandably, decline. And I think Toronto would be happier to trade Johnson or maybe even Kapanen first.

I believe Dubas really likes Kerfoot. So I don't think he's the guy that will be jettisoned for cap reasons.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If MN trades for a C, it will not be for a bottom six one. They've got those. What they need is a #1C, or failing that a good #2 who can do a decent job on the PP. Not easy to find, but they do have some attractive pieces to trade.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I could see Minnesota being willing to take a chance on a guy like Kerfoot. Wouldn't be happy if they gave up a 2nd round pick for him though.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I could see Minnesota being willing to take a chance on a guy like Kerfoot. Wouldn't be happy if they gave up a 2nd round pick for him though.

Yoi realize Minnesota has no room for kerfoot if Minnesota trade for for 1c. Who will be followed by Staal Elk & sturm

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Kerfoot is right player to move if is only about getting under the cap. 2nd round is too much in this scenerio. For example if Minnesota I would offer this package for Killorn over Kerfoot 10 out of 10. Kerfoot for 3 might fly.

And the giant gaping hole that you have created at #3 center is filled by?

And no soon to be 37 year old Jason Spezza is not a valid answer

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yoi realize Minnesota has no room for kerfoot if Minnesota trade for for 1c. Who will be followed by Staal Elk & sturm
I feel like I realize quite a few things that you will never comprehend. Like the fact that there isn't anyone on the Wild roster named Elk.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
To Toronto
42nd Overall Pick
104th Overall Pick

To Minnesota
C- Alex Kerfoot
182nd Overall Pick

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Minnesota isn't trading Eriksson elk, A young really good next Mikko Koivu, who came on this season.

Minnesota doesn't need kerfoot. Minnesota is trying to find a 1c , not a 3c . Minnesota c next season will be Eric Staal, elk, sturm & 1or 2c. So , yeah no

Apologies I wasn't necessarily saying Kerfoot for Eriksson Ek was a trade proposal. More just, i'd only trade Kerfoot if someone like EE was available to replace him.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Take it up with Dubas who built this gem of a roster. If you are trading Kapanen plus for a d man it pretty safe to assume you will have to add salary. 1m top4 d-man don't exactly make the market.

Of course TML are not as good if you trade Kerfoot for a 3rd or 2nd or whatever. But if you are "dumping" a 3m+ player for cap between Kerfoot, Kapanen, or Johnsson(assuming knee is cleared) its Kerfoot who goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad