Proposal: TOR-MIN

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You guys say two rentals like they are nothing but they do have value. I am sure JVR could get a 1rst+ and Bozak 2 2nds at the deadline. So that is actually 2 firsts, 2 2nds, and Carrick in terms of value. Not quite a garbage offer. Let's also not forget the offensive impact if you keep them.

I can understand a team not wanting to invest in rentals, no problem, but do not be so quick to minimize the value offered, it is actually very high. Of course we are not going to trade 2/3 of a line to get a D and kill our playoff run so it's not an issue any way.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You guys say two rentals like they are nothing but they do have value. I am sure JVR could get a 1rst+ and Bozak 2 2nds at the deadline. So that is actually 2 firsts, 2 2nds, and Carrick in terms of value. Not quite a garbage offer. Let's also not forget the offensive impact if you keep them.

I can understand a team not wanting to invest in rentals, no problem, but do not be so quick to minimize the value offered, it is actually very high. Of course we are not going to trade 2/3 of a line to get a D and kill our playoff run so it's not an issue any way.

Correction, it seems Pittsburgh would give us a 1rst for Bozak. So that is 3 first round picks in value that you have been laughing at. Good luck getting that kind of value in real life.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We have a ton of forward depth we could offer teams like Minnesota if they are really desperate, beyond guys like JvR and Bozak.

Rychel (who was on waivers so he could probably be had for quite cheap), Soshnikov, Fehr/Moore, etc.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
do borgman/rosen have potential to become top-4 dmen?
I believe Borgman can become a #4 where as Rosen I think is more likely a stable bottom pairing guy.
As for OP I would do one of Bozak/JVR + Carrick for Dumba but not both and not with dumps coming back. Looking at the Wild roster who is this said cap dump? Tyler Ennis?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I believe Borgman can become a #4 where as Rosen I think is more likely a stable bottom pairing guy.
As for OP I would do one of Bozak/JVR + Carrick for Dumba but not both and not with dumps coming back. Looking at the Wild roster who is this said cap dump? Tyler Ennis?
minnesota won't trade a top-4 defenseman after they traded scandella away i'd imagine

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
meh we have 50% of the points available playing all but one road game with all those forwards out and Dubnyk playing some shoddy hockey. I think we'll be fine once we're healthier. Good lord i remember when we'd count ourselves lucky to come away from a road trip winning half the games completely healthy.
No need to panic.

Dumba has looked plain awful so far, but no way would we part with him after working this offseason to keep him and cutting loose Scandella instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad