Proposal: TOR-MIN

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Looks like Minny's forwards walked through a minefield.. 5 injured. How's this for value?

TOR: JVR, Bozak, Carrick, 1st (top 14 protection)

MIN: Dumba, contracts/dumps

Can retain on both JVR & Bozak, UFAs at end of season

IMO it's an overpay value wise but a future d-core of Rielly-Dumba, Gardiner-Zaitsev, Dermott-Liljegren looks sexy

Reactions: jrgtml67

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
No, if you trade JVR/Bozak seperately or in a package, your going to get better futures.

And Minny doesn't want or need JVR/Bozak.

But in pure value, it's bad for the Leafs. You don't destroy 2/3 of a productive scoring line when your in our situation either.

We also don't have a huge need for Dumba.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
terrible offer--you get a top scoring winger, a top face off under-rated 2 way center, and a bottom pairing D, for a top 4 D, and you want us to take on a player as a dump...haha good one

Hamonic- a 2018 first round pick, a 2018 second round pick and either a second round pick in 2019 or 2020. Isles also sent a fourth round selection in 2019 or 2020.

Now of course there is an age difference. But how 3 NHLers equate to 1 top 4 RHD and adding a cap dump is hilarious.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Well I am a leaf fan---Now---not a chance in hell that deal ever happens. As you said breaking up 2/3rds of a scoring line would never happen for any player even Mcdavid (not using JVR and Bozak just saying breaking up 2/3rds of a line). While I agree with that point, I disagree that Minny wouldnt want them. I didnt even know they had that many injuries, but if that fan is saying they are missing a scoring winger, and 2 way center then I assume they are.

As for us not "needing dumba." Not sure what games you have been watching but we are aching for an upgrade on Carrick. Dumba is 23, put up 34 pts last year (close to Zaitsev numbers) and being a right shot is the big upside. Handedness right now would make a huge difference on our back end. It is far easier to break out, set up plays, and feed our skill guys IF in a perfect world you have LHD-RHD. Since the world is not perfect, an upgrade to that position would be huge. Our top D prospects as it stands are; Dermott, Rosen, Borgman, Lily. All are left except for Liljegren. I would assume he stays at the AHL for the whole year. But who knows, maybe we have injuries on the back end and he gets the call and stays. His skating is elite, iq, again elite, but I think a year playing the NA style would help greatly. Anyway, Dumba would be great. He was one I wanted in the offseason (him or Manson, though we may have our own Manson, in Borgman). If the deal made sense, which this first proposal does not then I would do it. At 2.5 million this season, RFA next season, is the other issue. We have Nylander coming off his ELC, and then the following year Matthews and Marner. No doubt Dumba would require close to 5mill AAV, so could we even afford to keep him?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
no dice from the leafs. dumba isnt worth JVR,Bozak, a 1st and removing a cap dump.
thats beyond ridiculous

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
terrible offer--you get a top scoring winger, a top face off under-rated 2 way center, and a bottom pairing D, for a top 4 D, and you want us to take on a player as a dump...haha good one

Hamonic- a 2018 first round pick, a 2018 second round pick and either a second round pick in 2019 or 2020. Isles also sent a fourth round selection in 2019 or 2020.

Now of course there is an age difference. But how 3 NHLers equate to 1 top 4 RHD and adding a cap dump is hilarious.
Calling Dumba a Top 4 d-man in generous. Just because he plays in Minny's top 4 doesn't mean he should.

He's f***ing dreadful. Definition of lights are on but nobody is home.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Calling Dumba a Top 4 d-man in generous. Just because he plays in Minny's top 4 doesn't mean he should.

He's ****ing dreadful. Definition of lights are on but nobody is home.

Was about to change the proposal to JVR-1st-2nd since I was more basing Bozak's value on HF opinion of a 2nd but Lol guess I've overrated Dumba, lock'er up

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This proposed trade is bizarre, to say the least. To you know how many cap dumps the Leafs would have to take on to make it even close to workable?

Can we PLEASE have a "No JVR" rule on the Trade boards this year? It's tiresome.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
All of the injuries are short term and to the cap heavy forwards. The wild don't have any d-men cap dumps. The entire premise makes no sense and a trade doesn't solve anything in regards to the short term injury issues the team is facing.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
This deal makes Maple Leafs a worse team when they're trying to make it deep with 3 ELC's.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Looks like Minny's forwards walked through a minefield.. 5 injured. How's this for value?

TOR: JVR, Bozak, Carrick, 1st (top 14 protection)

MIN: Dumba, contracts/dumps

Can retain on both JVR & Bozak, UFAs at end of season

IMO it's an overpay value wise but a future d-core of Rielly-Dumba, Gardiner-Zaitsev, Dermott-Liljegren looks sexy
Bad value for the leafs. I like Dumba but this is not close

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
This deal makes Maple Leafs a worse team when they're trying to make it deep with 3 ELC's.
How far off of impacts will Kapanen, Leivo (Nylander to C), and Dumba put up vs. JVR, Bozak, and Carrick's impact? (This was my view when thinking Dumba was like a Zaitsev level player currently, not a tools no toolbox kid, so it'd be improvement/lateral this year and Dumba long term for the 1st)

Last edited:

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Regardless of team needs on either side, this is awful awful awful value for Toronto. In what world is Dumba worth that much? Not even remotely close.

Steveei

Sep 10, 2012
How far off of impacts will Kapanen, Leivo (Nylander to C), and Dumba put up vs. JVR, Bozak, and Carrick's impact? (This was my view when thinking Dumba was like a Zaitsev level player currently, not a tools no toolbox kid, so it'd be improvement/lateral this year and Dumba long term for the 1st)

Thats not the point. We are better off trading JVR + Carrick + 1st for a Dman, and trading Bozak for picks+expiring UFA if needed (or just keep Bozak..). It's just silly for all that for Dumba + capdump imo. And if we retain 50% on JVR, then its even more silly.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

He's ****ing dreadful. Definition of lights are on but nobody is home.
Dumba is a top 4 dman. You can keep saying he isn't but that doesn't make you right. However, he and Brodin, for whatever reason, do not look good together. Someone should call up Jordan Leopold to play with Dumba since neither Scandella nor Brodin can handle his play style and Suter is playing with Spurgeon.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If it's just JVR and Carrick for Dumba, then I'd be ok with it.
I'd rather just take a first and a prospect, which is likely what JVR is worth. Dumba adds nothing to the Leafs and, quite frankly, he's just not that good. He's like Gardiner before he was good. The Leafs are in no position to try and fix that type of player.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
JVR and Bozak are UFAs and likely to walk. With Coyle's cap space the Wild will recall Kunin, Ferraro, Bertschy, and Mitchell. Then after Saturday's game it is believed that Granlund and Parise will be ready to go.

Dumba is an offensive producer. The team has outscored the opponents when he is on the ice 7-3 so far this season. Last season it was 92-61. The year before that was 67-52. It's always positive. A lot of his offensive numbers from last year were top pairing (top 60). Sure, there are defensive lapses but when it comes down to it the team outscores the opponent when Dumba is on the ice. People get so focused on the little things that if Dumba doesn't play a perfect game then he becomes the definition of "the lights are on but nobody is home."

Hockey down under

Feb 13, 2017
This proposed trade is bizarre, to say the least. To you know how many cap dumps the Leafs would have to take on to make it even close to workable?

Can we PLEASE have a "No JVR" rule on the Trade boards this year? It's tiresome.

Only if we can also have a no trade Tanev rule, And we all know how successful that'll be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad