Proposal: TOR - EDM

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Where is his place then?

He doesnt belong on our bottom pairing and hes not good enough for our top 4, where do you envision him?

Bench Gio, and if someone gets hurt move Kulack up as a stop gap until you're healthy again. That is exactly the role he plays on the Oilers.

I'd like to stress that no one is bashing Kulack in Edmonton. He's been worth every penny of his contract. I just see the team moving him before Broberg.

From my perspective the knock on the Leafs and the Oilers (prior to the last 28 games) is that they don't have good enough defense. Kulack does make your D core better. Robertson would only be of interest to the Oilers if they flip him in a package for one of the big fish out there on the wing (Guentzel, Konecny, etc)

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Bench Gio, and if someone gets hurt move Kulack up as a stop gap until you're healthy again. That is exactly the role he plays on the Oilers.

I'd like to stress that no one is bashing Kulack in Edmonton. He's been worth every penny of his contract. I just see the team moving him before Broberg.

From my perspective the knock on the Leafs and the Oilers (prior to the last 28 games) is that they don't have good enough defense. Kulack does make your D core better. Robertson would only be of interest to the Oilers if they flip him in a package for one of the big fish out there on the wing (Guentzel, Konecny, etc)
So again, you want to double Giordano's salary for a player who is hardly an upgrade. I get you and Oilers fans really like him and you dont like Gio but youve already demonstrated you dont watch Toronto and dont know anything about our defensive makeup.

I wouldnt trade for Broberg either, since it also doesnt actually do anything for Toronto. Our needs are a top pairing and a second pairing defenceman, we have like 8 guys who can play on the bottom pairing.

Add to that the removal of Robertson's depth scoring up front on his ELC, which we also still desperately need and its just a poorly thought out trade for Toronto, in my opinion.

Value wise, I can totally understand why Edmonton fans value Broberg higher, it makes sense to me and I would agree. Couldnt give a shit about 30 year old Kulak though, especially for Robertson.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
So again, you want to double Giordano's salary for a player who is hardly an upgrade. I get you and Oilers fans really like him and you dont like Gio but youve already demonstrated you dont watch Toronto and dont know anything about our defensive makeup.

I wouldnt trade for Broberg either, since it also doesnt actually do anything for Toronto. Our needs are a top pairing and a second pairing defenceman, we have like 8 guys who can play on the bottom pairing.

Add to that the removal of Robertson's depth scoring up front on his ELC, which we also still desperately need and its just a poorly thought out trade for Toronto, in my opinion.

Value wise, I can totally understand why Edmonton fans value Broberg higher, it makes sense to me and I would agree. Couldnt give a shit about 30 year old Kulak though, especially for Robertson.

Look, if I can't convince you Kulack is a big upgrade on Giordano then the point is moot. If someone gets hurt do you want Gio moved to your 2nd pairing? Kulack can. This is my point.

Anyway. You don't see the value in the player. We disagree. It's cool.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Look, if I can't convince you Kulack is a big upgrade on Giordano then the point is moot. If someone gets hurt do you want Gio moved to your 2nd pairing? Kulack can. This is my point.

Anyway. You don't see the value in the player. We disagree. It's cool.
No, I want Liljegren to move up with a new partner and proper deployment so that Mccabe and Benoit can slot on the 3rd pairing where they belong.

That means i want to trade for at least 1 top 4 dman, not more bottom pairing guys. We have those in spades and Kulak isnt anything more than a bottom pairing guy.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not that Broberg isn't already teetering on very severe disappointment status himself...he's still a big, mobile defenceman. That's worth worlds more than whatever a small injury prone skill winger who can't ever establish himself is worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad