Proposal: TOR - EDM

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Simple deal.

To Toronto:
Philip Broberg ($863,333 AAV, pending RFA)

To Edmonton
Nicholas Robertson ($796,667 AAV, pending RFA)

I don't know about this one. While the Oilers have a log jam on the left side and that could make Broberg available (or Kulack, depending on how the chips fall) and they do need a RW, I am not sure Robertson is the guy to target.

He's a little under sized and an average skater, correct? I don't know how that would work for the Oilers.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Word is the Oilers organization sees Broberg as nhl ready but don’t have the space for him. Stauffer has mentioned a few times the idea of moving Kulak out in order to make room for Broberg.

Even if that wasn’t the case, Oilers have ZERO use for a player like Robertson. Broberg, if moved, would be moved for a player that helps the team today.

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
I'm still high on broberg and reports ate oilers still have him in plans for future. He's killing the ahl right now and the only reason he hasn't established himself in nhl is opportunity. Robertson reminds me a lot of Yamamoto. Not sure oilers need to go back there

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
What if the Oilers moved Kulack in that trade instead of Broberg? That would save Edmonton about two million in cap space and give Toronto a help-right-now guy on defense, who is signed to a very reasonable contract.

Edmonton then flips Robertson in a package for Guenzel at 50%. Pittsburgh wouldn't have to take back a big contract in that scenario if they don't want to.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
What if the Oilers moved Kulack in that trade instead of Broberg? That would save Edmonton about two million in cap space and give Toronto a help-right-now guy on defense, who is signed to a very reasonable contract.

Edmonton then flips Robertson in a package for Guenzel at 50%. Pittsburgh wouldn't have to take back a big contract in that scenario if they don't want to.
Zero interest in moving Robertson for that. Kulak wouldn't provide any sort of upgrade over the guys we have in the lineup ATM.

Reactions: BayStBullies

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Zero interest in moving Robertson for that. Kulak wouldn't provide any sort of upgrade over the guys we have in the lineup ATM.

You don't see Kulack as an upgrade on Giordano at this stage of his career, or Simon Benoit?

I, uh, have to respectfully disagree.

Toronto also has three pending UFAs on the back end including Gio, and having a signed Kulack makes sense for this year and after.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That offer seems fair and reasonable to me. The change of scenery deal where a better path to playing time is hopefully available to each player.

Simple and elegant. Not offensive from a value swing and miss to either fan base. Nice one OP.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I'm still high on broberg and reports ate oilers still have him in plans for future. He's killing the ahl right now and the only reason he hasn't established himself in nhl is opportunity. Robertson reminds me a lot of Yamamoto. Not sure oilers need to go back there
I think Robertson has some (more likely one) louder tool(s) than Yamamoto. Get his shot on a PP with McDavid or Draisaitl and he'd be a big weapon for you but the comparison ain't crazy and I'd see the hesitance to go there.

Reactions: TFHockey

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Its a pretty fair offer but I just have a strong preference to see robertson work out here

Kids battled injuries and an incompetent coach and is looking to be solid thos year

Broberg is nice as well. A good get for the leafs.

Tough deal to say both yes and no to at the same time haha

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't mind Robertson but as a small left shot LW I don't know where he fits. He's not kicking anyone out of the top 6 and I don't know if his game is suited to the bottom six.

All things considered I'd rather just keep Broberg. He's playing very well in the AHL and I'd be trying very hard to open up a fulltime spot for him in the offseason.

Reactions: spaghtti

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Broberg for Lafferty would have been nice... oh well..

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Oilers can’t afford to quit on Broberg, they need him to turn out to be at least a very solid 2nd pairing guy. The alternative is flipping Broberg in a package for a high level need. To me the only high level need the Oilers need is a very solid defensive RHD who can take Ceci’s role next to Nurse.

Robertson has done well with limited opportunities but not a guy I would want to move Broberg for.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Can't see any player acquired at the deadline getting a spot on the PP with McDrai unless there is an injury.
I'm just saying the guy has the right toolset to be a weapon on a PP that is distracted by two all-world players. He'd get looks and that shot is an absolute weapon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad