Proposal: TOR-DET

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
And less than eight hours ago you were saying Tampa was the only team he'd waive for. Nuff said. :laugh:
Dude did you read Khans article? It said at the time that Green was willing to waive for Tampa, And it's been reported by other insider saying he'd waive for Tampa or Washington who cares he will will be dealt somewhere. And i bet it's either Tampa or Washington. :naughty:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Dude did you read Khans article? It said at the time that Green was willing to waive for Tampa, And it's been reported by other insider saying he'd waive for Tampa or Washington who cares he will will be dealt somewhere. And i bet it's either Tampa or Washington. :naughty:

Dude did you read, "Green will waive for Tampa and Washington" doesn't mean, "Green will only waive for Tampa or Washington."

Because I don't understand what you're not getting here...

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Dude did you read, "Green will waive for Tampa and Washington" doesn't mean, "Green will only waive for Tampa or Washington."

Because I don't understand what you're not getting here...
No those are just the teams as of now, That we know he agreed to. Could see him in Vegas after all McPhee did draft him and if Toronto was to offer a better deal then so be it.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Reactions: izlez and Cotton

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
UFA C's I consider more appealing than Glendening:

John Tavares
Joe Thornton
Paul Stastny
Henrik Sedin
Tyler Bozak
Riley Nash
Valtteri Filppula
Derek Ryan
Tomas Plekanec
Mark Letestu
Daniel Winnik

So you can immediately throw out Tavares, Sedin, Filppula and Ryan. A bunch of those guys are not 4th line centres so throw them out. What have you got left:

Riley Nash
Mark Letestu
Daniel Winnik

Winnik is more of a winger at this point and when he does take faceoffs he is well below 50%.

Riley Nash is close to 50% on the faceoffs and produces more offense but who says Boston doesnt resign him.

Letestu has similar numbers to Glen but Glen is better at faceoffs. Letestu is a good bottom 2nd so I cannot argue that one except because he bring a lot like Glen he will be in demand.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
oh no....you mean our high priced front office will have to do something to replace 10-12 5v5 mins at the bottom end, assuming that Nylander/Marleau don't move to center and Aaltonen/Gauthier aren't capable? jeez man, tough spot. I hear that Kadri will need a new contract in 5 years too...we might as well just blow it up now

It is going to be enjoyable watching Boston wipe the floor with your team it really will be.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Sounds like Tampa might have moved on from him.
Could end up Washington or bust which will hurt the return.
NMCs suck.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
So you can immediately throw out Tavares, Sedin, Filppula and Ryan. A bunch of those guys are not 4th line centres so throw them out. What have you got left:

Riley Nash
Mark Letestu
Daniel Winnik

Winnik is more of a winger at this point and when he does take faceoffs he is well below 50%.

Riley Nash is close to 50% on the faceoffs and produces more offense but who says Boston doesnt resign him.

Letestu has similar numbers to Glen but Glen is better at faceoffs. Letestu is a good bottom 2nd so I cannot argue that one except because he bring a lot like Glen he will be in demand.

Let's just say I'd be very happy to not see this guy in Blue & White as I don't believe him to be very good (or even an upgrade on Dom Moore).

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Yah till next season when he resigns with Montreal and again the leafs have a hole at 4th line centre.

Do you honestly think that the Leafs wont be able to sign a 4th line center in free agency? They signed Moore this offseason because they thought he could fill it. Hes been a good 4th line center, but not what we need (defense first minded C is more of a need due to our good scoring depth).

We'll go back to the UFA pool and look for a defense first guy unless we re-sign plekanec.

Whether or not Detroit likes it, the value for OPs trade does not favour the Leafs. Bozak can easily be flipped for a 2nd + prospect (if not a first) which is more than Glendenning will get and the consensus is that Green is worth a 1st.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Do you honestly think that the Leafs wont be able to sign a 4th line center in free agency? They signed Moore this offseason because they thought he could fill it. Hes been a good 4th line center, but not what we need (defense first minded C is more of a need due to our good scoring depth).

We'll go back to the UFA pool and look for a defense first guy unless we re-sign plekanec.

Whether or not Detroit likes it, the value for OPs trade does not favour the Leafs. Bozak can easily be flipped for a 2nd + prospect (if not a first) which is more than Glendenning will get and the consensus is that Green is worth a 1st.

I dont want Bozak in the slighest on Detroit.

Yah you can sign Moore or another guy and then for the 3rd year in a row you can give up assets cause he isnt cutting it.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
It is going to be enjoyable watching Boston wipe the floor with your team it really will be.
Ya think? Like they have all season? Oh wait...3-1 for us...yeah we're worried.

They might beat us but we'll give them a good series, who will you be fighting in the playoffs?

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

I do love a good temper tantrum, lashing out post though, they are always funny.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Let's just say I'd be very happy to not see this guy in Blue & White as I don't believe him to be very good (or even an upgrade on Dom Moore).

Then you don't watch other teams play if you think Glendenning isn't an upgrade on Dominic Moore.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Ya think? Like they have all season? Oh wait...3-1 for us...yeah we're worried.

They might beat us but we'll give them a good series, who will you be fighting in the playoffs?

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

I do love a good temper tantrum, lashing out post though, they are always funny.

Glass house lmao give me a call when your team wins a playoff round.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Green has supposedly said no to Toronto per Sportsnet.
Awesome. Let's move on.
I'm not shocked though. Green is a good defenseman but I doubt he'd want to play for a demanding coach like Babs, especially since his defensive play is not his 'callin card'

Reactions: Liferleafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad