Proposal: TOR-DET

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Bozak+2018 first

Green+ Glendening

Likely have to have some balancing, but keep it simple.

Discuss.
Horrible for the Leafs.
Green = 1st
Bozak >>Glendening

I don't know Detroits plans going into the offseason but if Bozak was a guy they were targeting, I'd do Bozak +2nd + 4th (2019) for Green + Glendening

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Yah till next season when he resigns with Montreal and again the leafs have a hole at 4th line centre.

UFA C's I consider more appealing than Glendening:

John Tavares
Joe Thornton
Paul Stastny
Henrik Sedin
Tyler Bozak
Riley Nash
Valtteri Filppula
Derek Ryan
Tomas Plekanec
Mark Letestu
Daniel Winnik

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
UFA C's I consider more appealing than Glendening:

John Tavares
Joe Thornton
Paul Stastny
Henrik Sedin
Tyler Bozak
Riley Nash
Valtteri Filppula
Derek Ryan
Tomas Plekanec
Mark Letestu
Daniel Winnik
Duh yeah and as i remember Filppula said no to the Leafs because he can't stand Babcock, John Tavares is an elite player you really going to compare him with Glendening. Saying that Letesu is better then Glendening is plain :laugh: He couldn't even cut it in Edmonton.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Duh yeah and as i remember Filppula said no to the Leafs because he can't stand Babcock, John Tavares is an elite player you really going to compare him with Glendening. Saying that Letesu is better then Glendening is plain :laugh: He couldn't even cut it in Edmonton.

I never said better, I said "more appealing". He wasn't good in Edmonton, but he has been a decent 4C as recently as last season.

0 interest in giving Babcock Glendening. I can only imagine him playing against Bergeron/Stamkos come playoff time. Also, if it was up to me I would NEVER give depth players term.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Yah till next season when he resigns with Montreal and again the leafs have a hole at 4th line centre.
oh no....you mean our high priced front office will have to do something to replace 10-12 5v5 mins at the bottom end, assuming that Nylander/Marleau don't move to center and Aaltonen/Gauthier aren't capable? jeez man, tough spot. I hear that Kadri will need a new contract in 5 years too...we might as well just blow it up now

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Mike Green to either Washington or Tampa seems to be the latest scuttlebutt. Toronto could be the 3rd alternative I suppose if something happens to the other two teams.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Wait what, you could get more for flipping Bozak than you could for trading Glendening. This favours Detroit easily.

In a vacuum yes, Bozak is worth more. But if you take into account bargaining position, then Detroit has no reason to value Bozak in a trade to his fair market value since they can go after him as a UFA and not have to worry about giving up assets to get him.

Conversely, Toronto IS incentivized to value Green/Glendening because they’re both valuable additions to the Leafs’ roster (well, after Plekanec Glendening isn’t AS valuable, but if Bozak goes the other way maybe...) so the Leafs would have to pay FMV to get those assets.

Still, I can’t see Toronto dealing a 1st to make this happen.

Far more likely is they thin the prospect pool and include SJS 2nd.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I keep saying that, It's been posted dude Green has agreed to waive for both Tampa and Washington, Not saying he wouldn't waive for others if Holland can't get a deal done with them like Toronto or Vegas. Just as of now he's willing to waive for those two.

"Green will waive for Tampa and Washington" does not mean, "Green will only waive for Tampa and Washington." It means those are two teams the media knows of. Stop spreading that nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad