Proposal: TOR-DET

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
It’s not often see you see the leafs get bent over in a trade proposal on these boards.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It’s not often see you see the leafs get bent over in a trade proposal on these boards.

You mean Detroit? Lol. They should be able to get a 1st for Green alone without giving up Glendo and taking on Bozak. This is trash.

Reactions: King 88

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
You mean Detroit? Lol. They should be able to get a 1st for Green alone without giving up Glendo and taking on Bozak. This is trash.
My thought was that detroit wanted to resign bozak and toronto prefers glendo as a defensive 3rd line center behind AM-Kadri

I personally think toronto needs to add. Probably throw in Lievo.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Wait what, you could get more for flipping Bozak than you could for trading Glendening. This favours Detroit easily.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Easy pass on this as a Leaf's fan. Bozak might go to make up for the pick we traded for Plekanec but otherwise, centre is set.

Defense could use an upgrade but if we're grabbing a player i'd rather get 1 with term rather then 1-2 months of Green for a 1st.

Someone will give Detroit a 1st for sure, but it shouldn't be Toronto. I could see TBL if things fall through.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
My thought was that detroit wanted to resign bozak and toronto prefers glendo as a defensive 3rd line center behind AM-Kadri

I personally think toronto needs to add. Probably throw in Lievo.

If Detroit had the money to re-sign Bozak they'd be keeping Green...

The whole point is they get an asset out of Green, who they can't re-sign because they have to raise Larkin/Mantha/AA/Bert/Frk this offseason.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I hate it when the media attaches a random name to the Leafs and then you can't ever shake them from Leafs discussion. There's nothing interesting about Luke Glendening other than as a Dominic Moore type player, yet Babcock, yet Leafs, etc. and it takes on a life of its own.

The one veteran forward I'd be interested in from Detroit for the Leafs would be Henrik Zetterberg, but I think he's a Wing lifer.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Green is worth a 1st. No point in trading glendenning for bozak. Bozak is more valuable though so I guess we could flip him?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Awful for us.....

Also, we don't want Green at the cost of a 1st, and I don't think he fits a need.

Glendenning is pointless with Pleks now.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Wait what, you could get more for flipping Bozak than you could for trading Glendening. This favours Detroit easily.

Maybe so... But it's very plausible that you get the same or more from Green by himself.

Will depend on if Karlsson and/or McDonagh get dealt tomorrow. Honestly I don't expect either will as both NYR and OTT have time to wait out the deal they want, but I definitely could be wrong.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Green either returns a 1st or 2nd+. Glendening if traded should return a 3rd or something like that.

Sure Wings could take Bozak as a cap dump if needed but in this trade. Detroit’s basically trading Green for a 1st and Glendening for nothing.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Green either returns a 1st or 2nd+. Glendening if traded should return a 3rd or something like that.

Sure Wings could take Bozak as a cap dump if needed but in this trade. Detroit’s basically trading Green for a 1st and Glendening for nothing.
Like I said, I think Bozak is in many ways a cap/contract dump for toronto going into a deep playoff run. Maybe they see him as a liability but detroit sees a value signing. I did say I think toronto needs to add a prospect here to seal the deal. Lievo would be my pick,.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Probably makes sense for Detroit to split up Green and Glendening in separate trades to maximize value. Green is going to get that 1st, whatever. Glendening, while not nothing, might get you a surprising return as a specific niche acqusition for somebody the way Polak and Winnik were when the Leafs moved them.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Like I said, I think Bozak is in many ways a cap/contract dump for toronto going into a deep playoff run. Maybe they see him as a liability but detroit sees a value signing. I did say I think toronto needs to add a prospect here to seal the deal. Lievo would be my pick,.

More looks like Bozak is part of the surplus Toronto keeps on their roster for the playoff drive. He's tertiary offense and has been fairly clutch over the years in the shootout, still good on faceoffs. Doesn't make a ton of sense to ship him to another playoff team.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

And like I said, if Detroit had the money to sign Bozak they'd just be keeping Green...

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Maybe so... But it's very plausible that you get the same or more from Green by himself.

Will depend on if Karlsson and/or McDonagh get dealt tomorrow. Honestly I don't expect either will as both NYR and OTT have time to wait out the deal they want, but I definitely could be wrong.

The only trade that would make sense fairness wise is Green for a 1st. The problem is, the Leafs shouldn't be giving first round picks away for rentals or anything else at this point. They'll end up going backwards. TP was enough for this deadline short of a depth D..

I see Anaheim coming hard at Green tomorrow morning. Their power play has been ridiculously bad and they have what Detroit would want. They cant trust Bieksa and Beauchemin, and with Montour's growing pains being all over the place, they need a guy like Green to play in their top 4.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I see Anaheim coming hard at Green tomorrow morning. Their power play has been ridiculously bad and they have what Detroit would want. They cant trust Bieksa and Beauchemin, and with Montour's growing pains being all over the place, they need a guy like Green to play in their top 4.

I'd gladly take their pick and then watch them fall out of the playoffs.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
We are not moving anything until McD is traded, either to us or someone else. If we get him pass, if we dont and Green Is still available we can circle back to Det early afternoon. Our 1st s only available for McD. We have a second and other pieces. If you can get a first before three pm go for it. If not we are here

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Bad trade for the Leafs. That aside, Lou shouldn't have interest in either player. Green just isn't a fit here. Good player but he's far too similar to what we already have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad