Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] F Denis Malgin for F Dryden Hunt

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I remember Marchment coming up and killing someone on his first or second shift. Don't remember him much after that though. He could have done more.

I remember Marchment falling down a lot in his 18 or so minute career with the Toronto Maple Leafs, but think the Leafs needed a better set of eyes on him.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
You think a physical brand of hockey does not win games?

Lets play a game, I will get someone to pass you the puck 40 times, let me hit you into the boards 40 times at high speed and then I will give you an option 1) I can continue to hit you at high speed or 2) I can stop.

Defeat the spirit and the mind will follow, physical play has a valued place in hockey.
yodaswisdom.gif

They couod use a consistent physical element on at least one of their lines. Lybushkin elevated the teams physical effort with his presence and if not for the refs they might have challenged for a Cup.

Last edited:

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Not sure he's great at fighting but man can he take a punch like a goddamned champ
Showing up physically , blocking shots , finishing your checks and sticking up for your teammates ( and fighting ) at all costs are the most valuable and respected attributes that you can offer to your fellow warriors in the room and on the ice .
Nothing is praised the most and respected the most amongst a team .
Win or loose fights

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Lmao no it didn't. Joey Anderson was slow, disengaged, and useless 90% of the time outside of an occasional forecheck.

Hunt actually has the speed to go in on the forecheck and cause havoc with his physicality. Our 4th line was a lot more noticeable in the Arizona game.
Unfortunately I'm not sure what you're watching if you think the 4th line was better and more noticeable. Hunt's most memorable moment was losing a fight after he threw a dirty hit

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Showing up physically , blocking shots , finishing your checks and sticking up for your teammates ( and fighting ) at all costs are the most valuable and respected attributes that you can offer to your fellow warriors in the room and on the ice .
Nothing is praised the most and respected the most amongst a team .
Win or loose fights
Don't get me wrong, I love that he's physical and hits everything in sight. That's what I thought we were getting in Aube-Kubel but that turned out to be a massive disappointment. I don't even care if he wins or loses fights, it's enough that he is willing and able.

We need guys like Hunt in the lineup, gets the timid players a pulse and engages them into the game. Also each hit he dishes out will eventually wear the dmen out, this will be especially important in a playoff series. We just have not had enough of that element the past few years.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Don't get me wrong, I love that he's physical and hits everything in sight. That's what I thought we were getting in Aube-Kubel but that turned out to be a massive disappointment. I don't even care if he wins or loses fights, it's enough that he is willing and able.

We need guys like Hunt in the lineup, gets the timid players a pulse and engages them into the game. Also each hit he dishes out will eventually wear the dmen out, this will be especially important in a playoff series. We just have not had enough of that element the past few years.
Happy New Year brotha
Always great to read your takes
GLG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad