Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] F Denis Malgin for F Dryden Hunt

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Confusing trade. Figured we'd be looking to add more offensive depth and not deduct from it.

But it's only Malgin, not really a huge loss.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Malgin wasn't exactly a fan favourite, but at least he brought an element to the bottom 6 that was missing. A player like Hunt is the last thing the team needed
Hunt sucks but I imagine there's something else at play here..they've either got something else lined up or they want to give another guy internally a chance (Steeves is a good candidate for example)

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
This seems like one of those ones where Malgin finally stops hitting posts and makes us look really silly the rest of the year (Grabner curse).

I don't get why we needed Hunt. We have a lot of these guys with the Marlies waiting to get in.

Reactions: The Iceman

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hunt sucks but I imagine there's something else at play here..they've either got something else lined up or they want to give another guy internally a chance (Steeves is a good candidate for example)
Then it would've made sense to get back a mid-late round pick/prospect, not a terrible roster player. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens. Dubas seems to love defensive only players, like Nash and ZAR

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not that Malgin had much value but still wierd trade. At least Hunter adds physical play and defence so thats something.
All though something tells me unlike the Timmins trade, we aren't winning this one

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Preferable to potentially losing Malgin on waivers for no return? This ultimately feels like a 'meh' transaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad