Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CHI] Jake McCabe (@ 50%), Sam Lafferty, cond. 2024 and 2025 5th round picks for Joey Anderson, Pavel Gogolev, 2025 1st (top 10 prot), 2026 2nd

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Damn the East is loading up. What an arms race. The market is nuts.

So much for the "McCabe won't waive for any Canadian team" report. There's obviously at least one he would waive for.

I'm torn on whether I'm frustrated that Lafferty is off the market, or glad we aren't paying a conditional first for him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Nice move by Toronto. The East is bananas. Going to be a fun April. Obviously, O'Reilly and McCabe are the main pieces, but Lafferty and Acciari are the kind of names that will be huge for depth.. I get it's a business and he's likely gone if they lose in Round 1, but Kyle Dubas has given this team a roster that can win. If they don't, it's on them.
It's wild to see McCabe listed as a main piece. He was nothing more than a 3rd pairing guy on Buffalo. I guess he turned it around in Chicago. Not surprising given the tire fire Buffalo was. Good on Chicago to turn him into a valuable asset.

Reactions: onionsack

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Leafs fans are going to hate Dubas for this down the line.
He needs to win a cup this year or atleast make a legit run or else he is gone. But still. That amount of stupidity does not get the same free pass the stupidity from BB gets because atleast the other guy has 2 cups to show for it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have no idea what lafferty is. Any insight?
Lafferty at his best is a 4th line player with speed who hits hard and isn't devoid of skill.

Lafferty at his worst is a penalty taking dumb-dumb with limited hockey sense and will run around out of position.

So it depends which Lafferty you get.

Reactions: torontoblood

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Holland, see and learn! Fkks skaw. I HATE to say it, but Dubas actually get it! He does well for him and his team. Lafferty was supposed to go to oilers, perfect fit!

Dubas biught a whole new 3rd line..
Lafferty OReilly The other guy(LOL)

A 1st three ywars from now is nothing. Insane that Chicago agreed on it.
It is smart because leafs could be a totally different team by then. Especially if they dont get it done this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad