Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CAR] Marleau, Top 10 Protected 2020 1st & 2020 7th to CAR for 2020 6th Rounder || Part II

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Does anyone really believe his family drove this decision. They couldn't wait 1 more year?? lol

Obvious to me that it's face-saving. He sucks. He knows he sucks. The Leafs told him they need to move him at all cost for the sake of their future. He wants his 6.25MILLION dollars, and so the family is used as the excuse, and he accepts a trade to Carolina... What happens from here doesn't matter. He gave us our cap. He gets his $$$. No team in Cali wants him even for 1MIL. Just watch. (The family was gonna move to Cali anyway,,, not because they NEEDED to go NOW,, but because he's DONE. Totally washed. Retirement planning.)
Sorry but you are so wrong. No he is not a top 6 forward and that's what the Leafs signed him to be.
But he is a good piece on a team's third/fourth line and he will get signed. If his cap hit was $2 million he would still be on the Leafs.

Reactions: Its not your fault

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If Marleau felt last season wasn't a very good year for him and he can bounce back, I think he's in for a rude awakening when he's another year older and not playing with Auston Matthews.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Does anyone really believe his family drove this decision. They couldn't wait 1 more year?? lol

Family is everything and here is Patty Marleau in his own words during a recent interview.

Q: First off, what's fueled your family's decision to return to California?

"Everything is based on that -- family. I wanted to kind of be with them. Our one son, it's based on his schooling and what was best for him. It was at the point where my wife and kids were planning on coming back (to California) already. It kind of ties it all together. Hard to explain it all. Basically, for the kids' schooling and stuff, we thought we could get the help and support we needed here. With four boys it's a little bit easier here with family around for my wife."

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If Marleau felt last season wasn't a very good year for him and he can bounce back, I think he's in for a rude awakening when he's another year older and not playing with Auston Matthews.

He'll face lower QoC in a 4th line role though. 3rd line / PP injury fill in. That's his role now in his 40s IMO.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Such a pathetic trade. Giving away 1st round picks like it's candy. Such an amateur move. Reminds me of JFJ

Wouldn’t judge yet as I’m thinking there will be a part B
Plus would you have rather have given up a roster player?
Thank Lou for the contract

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Family is everything and here is Patty Marleau in his own words during a recent interview.

Q: First off, what's fueled your family's decision to return to California?

"Everything is based on that -- family. I wanted to kind of be with them. Our one son, it's based on his schooling and what was best for him. It was at the point where my wife and kids were planning on coming back (to California) already. It kind of ties it all together. Hard to explain it all. Basically, for the kids' schooling and stuff, we thought we could get the help and support we needed here. With four boys it's a little bit easier here with family around for my wife."
Totally understandable
He went for a chance at the Cup but always planned to return home

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Totally understandable
He went for a chance at the Cup but always planned to return home

It was always believed that the only 2 NHL teams he would officially play for in his career were SJ and TOR.

Now after a 3rd party buyout after chasing a Cup dream that didn't work out he wants to go home resign in SJ and retire a Shark thereafter when he feels he is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad