Top Ten Best Fighters of All-Time?

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
To not put Tie Domi on the list with some of the others people listed means you're a hater.

The guy is like 5'8 and threw down against guys 5-6 inches taller than him routinely. He won many of them too.

Especially putting Huggy Bear in the top 10 - please.

I agree on Brashear shouldnt be there but neither should Domi. He did well for his size no doubt about it but he took a lot. He was not dominant like guys on most of these lists

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Chara? What? He's a terrible fighter who gets by on size alone. He has the balance of a newborn fawn.

Also, Colton Orr is not a technically good fighter, but he swings for the fences, and often connects. His chin-up style leaves him open though.

Not enough Joey Kocur on this list. The guy would throw HEAVY punches.

Another is Steve Macintyre. Guy is a beast.

Chara may not be the best technical fighter, but he could still go toe-to-toe with everyone on my list and probably come out ahead, even if it was just mainly through wrestling them into submission. Considering he broke the eye-socket of a feared 4th line goon in Ivanans and rag-dolled 220 lb McCabe he certainly deserves a spot on the list.

Same deal with Orr, may not be the best technical fighter but he could KO most guys on my list as well. I probably should have included MacIntyre though, I just haven't seen enough of him in the NHL.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I'm a big fan of the old school guys, don't get me wrong, but fighters like Boogaard, MacIntyre, Orr and McGrattan should be on or around this list.

Not to mention old old school guys like Ferguson and Kurtenbach
I'm sorry, but the suggestion to mention Orr is a ridiculous one.

He was certainly not the most exciting one, but Laraque was one of the best.

Chris Simon is my personal favorite, a lot of good fights with him.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
To not put Tie Domi on the list with some of the others people listed means you're a hater.

The guy is like 5'8 and threw down against guys 5-6 inches taller than him routinely. He won many of them too.

Especially putting Huggy Bear in the top 10 - please.

but domi refuse a lot of fight too lol

Trognitz

Jul 12, 2011
Probert
Dave Brown
Behn Wilson
Kocur
Brashear-VERY few losses, as a Canuck a monster
Twist
McSorely
John Kordic
Sandy McCarthy-VERY few losses, as a Flame a monster
McKenzie

hm
Nystrom
Cochrane
Domi
Clark Gillies
McGrattan
Jonathan

McIntyre needs a few more years to make top 10

Crowder had too short a run as a top fighter, became very average after 2 yrs.

Laraque-throw a couple punches and fall over

Craig Coxe-entertaining player who led with his face

not enuff footage of pre 1970 fighters to assess.

Trognitz

Jul 12, 2011
I'm not even a fan of him and obviously neither are you. Yet, I cant remember he ever clearly lost one and then you come up with a laughing smiley like its completely ridiculous ? Dont act so childish with a lousy smiley like you are 10 years old.

not picking sides here but I have Laraque getting cut by Barry Dreger in the AHL but his style kept him from losing many.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
I'm not even a fan of him and obviously neither are you. Yet, I cant remember he ever clearly lost one and then you come up with a laughing smiley like its completely ridiculous ? Dont act so childish with a lousy smiley like you are 10 years old.

are you serious? shelley drops him and he loss all time vs brashear

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No love for Darren Langdon on here. Not the best ever but figured he would make some people's top 20 list.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No love for Darren Langdon on here. Not the best ever but figured he would make some people's top 20 list.

Coudln't edit my last post to fix it since I have infractions but here's the vid I meant to put in my last post.

Trognitz

Jul 12, 2011
Lets forget his 12 year NHL career, George got cut in the AHL, okay..

pointing that out as an example that no one wins them all. however if u had a knowledgable interpreter he would have read that in my original post.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I'm sorry, but the suggestion to mention Orr is a ridiculous one.

He was certainly not the most exciting one, but Laraque was one of the best.

Chris Simon is my personal favorite, a lot of good fights with him.

Actually, Orr doesn't make my Top 10 (previous page), but I think he's of those guys that, if you time machined him back to the late 80's with all his current training and nutritional advantages, he'd cut a pretty wide swathe, so he was worth, at least a mention.

Laraque never impressed me, sure he rarely lost, but he rarely handed out any colossal beatdowns either. Chara's a more dangerous fighter, and I don't have him near my Top 10.

Simon... I could have found an argument to put him in my Top 10, but I'd say he's more of a Top 20.

Last edited:

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Heck yes, hard to believe no one else mentioned him either. Just ask a lot of the so-called Top 10 fighters named here about Crowder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsv8ZEGvxWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQxI2hVv9E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0adHyGfyik (not too many did that to Probert)

Troy Crowder was a beast for sure. If I'm not mistaken, he used to box at some level or train before going to the NHL.

Yes he was a boxer.

I think he doesn't get the same mention as other because he didn't have a long and storied career. I think much like Craig Coxe he wanted something else other than just being a fighter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad