WWE: Top 5 wwe debuts ever

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Santino Marella? The Italian crowd was fantastic during it. Like a soccer crowd. Also Vince McMahon bald head!

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Looks like some moron with a blown-up Colt Cabana face sign is possibly responsible for the botched debut.

wut?

the botched original airing was because they had a "B Crew" doing the rumble for whatever reason and one of the idiots was literally staring at roman's face while AJ came out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I also don't get the AJ love that much. Obviously the year that followed his debut was fantastic and the best year by a single guy in a long time....but the debut was disappointing to me. Not his fault but 10 seconds of a confused Roman look while the crowd cheered? Not good.

I think part of it was the rumors that he was signing with WWE but nobody seemed to know when he'd be debuting. The camera stayed on Roman for too long, but the unfamiliar music made for a fun few moments. Even with the clumsy camera work, the crowd popping still added something to the mystery. I still enjoy watching the AJ debut reaction videos. It's a ten second phase of confusion to marking out that doesn't happen too often.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Kane ainec

Everybody saying Jericho, huge pop, went on too long, crowd turned on him, Rock destroyed him.

If the premise is watching the Rock ruin months of anticipated build up in a matter of two minutes then yes, Jericho's intro was best.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I think part of it was the rumors that he was signing with WWE but nobody seemed to know when he'd be debuting. The camera stayed on Roman for too long, but the unfamiliar music made for a fun few moments. Even with the clumsy camera work, the crowd popping still added something to the mystery. I still enjoy watching the AJ debut reaction videos. It's a ten second phase of confusion to marking out that doesn't happen too often.
I love the "whose music is that???............................OH ****!" moments. Like when Punk came back with CoP.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
When biker Taker returned i ****ing lost it. He looked ****ing bad ass, but he was incredibly out of shape.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I'd choose Nakumara's as the best. Not the Smackdown one, but his first live appearance in NXT. His entrance for the match with Zayn was the one moment in the last decade that I wished I could've experienced live in person. The crowd chanting his name after they turned down the lights, then the roar when his music hit was unforgettable.

Also, going back a few years, Earthquake had a memorable WWF debut. I'm sure everyone at the time thought he was just some fat guy in the audience, and didn't realize he'd been planted there by Jimmy Hart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad