Value of: Top 4 RHD to Edmonton

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Two things;

- Dumba is 23.Turns 24 in the summer. Makes 2'ishM. Likely to be signed for 4M, give or take, depending on how he finishes out the season.

- RNH makes 6M. The Wild can NOT take that on, unless someone like Ennis goes the other way.

I also don't see the attraction of RNH. He's OK, maybe even good, when he is playing well. Overpaid , softish "meh" when he's not. He is not the answer to the Wild's problems.

I don't see that trading Dumba from our suddenly thin D is the way to go. Maybe if we package him with another asset, and we get an impact player....don't ask me who.

I don't see it anymore either, for most of the reasons you mention, though I probably like RNH more than you do. I was mostly using it as a previous point of discussion between the teams.

It's pretty clear that the Wild can't realistically do anything major until the offseason, though.

PaulZ

I'm confused....
Jan 21, 2015
Ontario
OEL for RHN. Book it.

If they're going to make a move soon, it has to be big it's either going to be that or Pulju for Proverov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Breaking news that Spurgeon's cold morphing into s mild groin strain(?) has turned into a possible 6 week absence makes Dumba being moved even more unlikely, verging on the impossible.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Faulk for....Lucic and a 1st. Straight up trade no questions asked. Canes finally get a guy that knows how to check.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Faulk for....Lucic and a 1st. Straight up trade no questions asked. Canes finally get a guy that knows how to check.
oof. That is really bad for the Canes. Would imagine that if you wanted Lucic for free, the Oilers would give him to you to get out from under that contract

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
oof. That is really bad for the Canes. Would imagine that if you wanted Lucic for free, the Oilers would give him to you to get out from under that contract

Doesn't matter. Lucic has a NMC. No way he waives it to go from a team in EDM with McDavid at the helm to a team in Carolina with Jordan Staal? at the helm.

Reactions: Unsustainable

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
When Sekera comes back im fine with our D. It was good enough last season. Having Talbot in net helps alot too. Maybe a Russel++ for a legit puck moving RHD (Mike Green) but I can't see that happening.

Nurse - Larsson
Sekera - Russel
Klefbom - Benning

We need goal scoring wingers, preferably fast ones. James Neal and Mike Grabner would be terrific additions to this team.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
When Sekera comes back im fine with our D. It was good enough last season. Having Talbot in net helps alot too. Maybe a Russel++ for a legit puck moving RHD (Mike Green) but I can't see that happening.

Nurse - Larsson
Sekera - Russel
Klefbom - Benning

We need goal scoring wingers, preferably fast ones. James Neal and Mike Grabner would be terrific additions to this team.

Curious on what the ++ would be for Detroit.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Curious on what the ++ would be for Detroit.

We'll it all depends if Chia is willing to commit to playoffs this season. If he is then I could see us giving up a 1st (protected) either this year or next year + B level prospect.

Say: Russel + 2019 1st top 10 protected + Caleb Jones/Ryan Mantha for Green.

Would only work if Green is willing to resign with us at around 5 million. Say 4 years at 5 million. Doesn't have to be a sign and trade but a general agreement.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005

Nurse - Larsson
Sekera - Russel
Klefbom - Benning

I honestly dont feel Russell anywhere near the top 4, especially on his weak side, makes our D corps good enough to go where we want to go. Sadly, Chia saddled us with him.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Doesn't matter. Lucic has a NMC. No way he waives it to go from a team in EDM with McDavid at the helm to a team in Carolina with Jordan Staal? at the helm.

Depends if he likes nicer weather and s better quality of life for his family or not...

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
We`ve Ryan Mc, but he shot left so that is that. I doubt the Oilers have the pieces for us. We need someone who can play good 4th line minutes instead of AHL god Paul Carey who is 1 pts. in 13 games, and someone to replace B. Smith with horrific defensive reads and lazy start of this season. I can also add Holden in that category they both cost us points last evening in this brief evaluation. :)

2018 1st
Puljujarvi
Klefbom

McDonagh
Zucc

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad