Seravalli: Top 20 Trade Bait for Daily Faceoff- Seravalli- " 90% chance that player/assets in the top 5 of the list will get traded"

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
A 2nd would be great.

I'm hoping Yzerman tricks Holland into taking his trash back for Puljujarvi though.

As much as Holland gets flak on these boards i will forever be grateful to him for drafting Zadina over Q Hughes with the 6th pick despite Hughes playing in his backyard and going to Worlds with Larkin as his roomate and Blashill as his coach.

That’s just not true. He’s only been GM for like 2 years. He and ownership have an understanding that this was going to be a long process and they’d only make moves that will help the long term success of the team.

Maybe hot seat is not accurate but its more certainly looking like its a playoff or bust type of season for NJD under ownership demands.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
As much as Holland gets flak on these boards i will forever be grateful to him for drafting Zadina over Q Hughes with the 6th pick despite Hughes playing in his backyard and going to Worlds with Larkin as his roomate and Blashill as his coach.

Maybe hot seat is not accurate but its more certainly looking like its a playoff or bust type of season for NJD under ownership demands.
I think from the outside looking in you see that the Devils have made the playoffs 1 time in 10 years so it’s only natural to assume there’s desperation from the owners and management to compete asap. But if you knew about this ownership group they have no problem at all bottoming out until they have the right pieces. They also own the Philadelphia 76er’s.

The plan since Fitzgerald took over was to slowly and patiently build a team for long term success. Right now things are status quo. This team is way better than the 2oa pick though. We got lucky with the lottery again and with any kind of nhl goaltending we wouldn’t even be talking about the 2nd OA.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Based on what?

Do you have reporting stating that ownership has demanded that he trade the pick for immediate help? I mean, this ownership group is the same one that piloted "trust the process"

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Based on what?

Do you have reporting stating that ownership has demanded that he trade the pick for immediate help? I mean, this ownership group is the same one that piloted "trust the process"

Just my opinion based on Fitz making the 1st round draft pick available and based on reports from different insiders this year that they were interested in players among others like Boeser, Garland, Miller etc...

Like i mentioned before, Hischier has played 300 games and only 5 playoff games, there comes a point where drafting and being patient is enough and its time to get legit proven players.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Seravalli released his Daily Faceoff Trade Targets. He expressed during an interview that he feels the players and assets on the top 5 has a 90% chance of getting traded at the draft or sometime in the off-season.

The list:

1. Debrincat
2. Fiala
3. Chychrun
4. JT Miller

5. NJD 2nd overall pick
6. Deangelo
7. Gibson
8. Barrie
9 Zacha
10 Philippe Myers
11. Petry
12. Marino
13. Varlamov
14. Dadanov
15. Pulujarvi/Yamamoto
16. Hornqvist
17. Soucy
18. Dickenson/Pearson
19. Zadina
20. Contracts of Klefbom and Shea Weber

Trade Targets: Chicago's Alex DeBrincat is No. 1 player available ahead of wild NHL offseason - Daily Faceoff
Pulujarvi for Zadina?

Maybe some of these dudes can be traded for others on this list. Change of scenery here.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Just my opinion based on Fitz making the 1st round draft pick available and based on reports from different insiders this year that they were interested in players among others like Boeser, Garland, Miller etc...

Like i mentioned before, Hischier has played 300 games and only 5 playoff games, there comes a point where drafting and being patient is enough and its time to get legit proven players.

And Fitz came out and said it from jump that he would do it. It could be that Fitz is actually just interested in making the move himself and has nothing to do with ownership lol

But its really weird to keep trying to force this narrative that ownership is now forcing him to do it as some way to make the move seem more likely or required. They have kicked the tires on a lot of players...they've also acquired precisely 0 of them.

We know that Fitz is willing to move the pick. We know a little about what he's looking for. That's pretty much it. Anything else is just noise. Maybe he finds the right deal, maybe he doesn't.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
The Penguins trading Marino to get the cap room to keep Malkin and Letang is a downright baffling suggestion from Seravalli. Marino's like the 5th or 6th guy you trade for cap room if you need to make cap room, you trade any of Zucker, Pettersson, Dumoulin, Blueger or McGinn well before you trade Marino.
In his podcast he said Pettersson has already been out there and no one wants him.

I imagine the same can be said for the others, except maybe Dumoulin.

Zucker would need a sweetener.

He also mentioned in his podcast thar Kapanen might be an option to deal, but then followed up with it would be hard to replace his production

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Interesting to see Zadina on that list. Wings fans, why? Thought he was pretty good?

He's been lackluster, but I doubt Detroit trades him without giving him year under a new coach to see if it was a Blashill issue.

But realistically, Detroit's depth chart on the wing goes Bertuzzi/Raymond/Vrana/Fabbri with Berggren likely coming next season, as well as possibly Soderblom, and Veleno and Rasmussen being options at wing or center. Lineup is getting clogged on the outside.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
No? DeBrincat is 24, Chicago already has a lot of good pieces to do a pretty short term rebuild. They really aren't that far off of where NYR was when they decided to rebuild in 17/18. Last I checked Zibaneijad was also 24 then and they didn't trade him off
Not sure who the, "lot of good young pieces", are that Chicago has, but they definitely could turn it around like NYR did. All it'd take is:

A solid 2-3 defender deciding the only place he wants be traded is Chicago.
A top 3 winger in the world not only making it to UFA, but deciding he wants to sign in Chicago.
An elite, U23 #1D refusing to sign with anybody but Chicago.
Drafting an elite goaltending prospect in the 4th round.
Moving from the 6th pick to #2 in one draft, and then winning #1 overall from a playoff position the next year.

Definitely seems doable. :laugh:

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I dont see any players besides Chychurn and Miller (extended) that make any sense for 2nd overall. Unless maybe Pastnak is traded for 2nd overall?

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Based on what?

His Vancouver fandom told him that the Devils are itching to trade 2nd overall for Miller don’t you dare question his sources or knowledge

Reactions: Mooselexman

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
Debrincat for 2nd ovr? who's adding? ... If i'm the devils I definitely wouldn't mind debrincat next to hughes for the next 8 years

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
In his podcast he said Pettersson has already been out there and no one wants him.

I imagine the same can be said for the others, except maybe Dumoulin.

Zucker would need a sweetener.

He also mentioned in his podcast thar Kapanen might be an option to deal, but then followed up with it would be hard to replace his production

Except no, it really can't be said. The Penguins could trade Dumoulin in a nanosecond if they wanted to just trade him. Chiarot brought back a 1st rounder as a rental and Dumoulin's better than him. Same thing with Blueger, $2.2 million on a 1 year deal for what he provides would be an incredibly easy sell.

Pettersson likely would be hard to move, and I think it's possible Zucker might be difficult to move. But the other 3 would be insanely easy to move.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
He's been lackluster, but I doubt Detroit trades him without giving him year under a new coach to see if it was a Blashill issue.

But realistically, Detroit's depth chart on the wing goes Bertuzzi/Raymond/Vrana/Fabbri with Berggren likely coming next season, as well as possibly Soderblom, and Veleno and Rasmussen being options at wing or center. Lineup is getting clogged on the outside.
How’s their D look? Something around POJ and Zadina? Or Pettersson+2nd for Zadina?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How’s their D look? Something around POJ and Zadina? Or Pettersson+2nd for Zadina?
Their LHD currently is trash but their LHD prospect group is absolutely loaded and probably the best in the league. (Edvinsson/Johansson/Wallinder/Buium/Viro/McIsaac)

I think if Zadina gets moved it'll be in a package for something bigger, likely being a center.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not sure who the, "lot of good young pieces", are that Chicago has, but they definitely could turn it around like NYR did. All it'd take is:

A top 3 winger in the world not only making it to UFA, but deciding he wants to sign in Chicago.
Moving from the 6th pick to #2 in one draft, and then winning #1 overall from a playoff position the next year.

I wish I could do more than just simply like your post lol.
Perfectly said .
I could have “ rebuilt” the Rangers on the side in my spare time .
Good thing they cannot develop forwards worth a shit or they would be even better .
A GM not doing anything and having everything fall in their lap could have done better .
Trading Buch for what they did was an idiotic move .

Ledge And Dairy

This is a pretty low IQ response. It still took the Rangers 3-4 years and only 2 of those things you mentioned above had drastic differences on their rebuild. They also already got a top end defender who signed long term in Chicago, and moved up 9 spots in the draft not that long ago. It's not like Chicago's an unattractive place to sign as a free agent either. There are multiple paths to rebuilding effectively and you are choosing to look at only 1.

Regardless it's about foundation. Chicago already has a pretty decent d-core to work with and a lot of young defense prospects in the system. spend the next couple years drafting almost exclusively forwards and they can get the ball rolling pretty fast. Goaltending could certainly be a difference maker but they do have Commesso in the pipeline already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad