Seravalli: Top 20 Trade Bait for Daily Faceoff- Seravalli- " 90% chance that player/assets in the top 5 of the list will get traded"

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Seravalli released his Daily Faceoff Trade Targets. He expressed during an interview that he feels the players and assets on the top 5 has a 90% chance of getting traded at the draft or sometime in the off-season.

The list:

1. Debrincat
2. Fiala
3. Chychrun
4. JT Miller

5. NJD 2nd overall pick
6. Deangelo
7. Gibson
8. Barrie
9 Zacha
10 Philippe Myers
11. Petry
12. Marino
13. Varlamov
14. Dadanov
15. Pulujarvi/Yamamoto
16. Hornqvist
17. Soucy
18. Dickenson/Pearson
19. Zadina
20. Contracts of Klefbom and Shea Weber

Trade Targets: Chicago's Alex DeBrincat is No. 1 player available ahead of wild NHL offseason - Daily Faceoff

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I was under the impression that a Debrincat deal was just being looked at, is he really as good as gone compared to other names on the market?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is debrincat rumored strictly due to eventually he will get a mega contract???

I've always been surprised when seeing his name pop up cause I figured he would be a Hawk for a very long time

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Its sort of easy to connect a couple of these together
example
Debrincat/Fiala or Miller for the 2nd overall seems like a decent starting point with give and take on both sides depending on the player

Obligatory:

wtf did i just watch

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Debrincat has one more year on his contract and is a fan favorite.
After next season he's probably looking at $8M+ in a long term deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks sign him to that deal but I also understand if someone makes them a great offer that really helps the rebuild, they'd be fools to refuse it.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I was under the impression that a Debrincat deal was just being looked at, is he really as good as gone compared to other names on the market?

According to FS its not an "if" but a "when" will Chicago trade him, whether this off-season or next.
9mil qualifying contract for a rebuilding team is apparently why Chicago wants to move on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins trading Marino to get the cap room to keep Malkin and Letang is a downright baffling suggestion from Seravalli. Marino's like the 5th or 6th guy you trade for cap room if you need to make cap room, you trade any of Zucker, Pettersson, Dumoulin, Blueger or McGinn well before you trade Marino.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
After watching Fiala's disappearing act in the playoffs I'm not sure why Devils would give a 2nd for him.

After watching Fiala's disappearing act in the playoffs I'm not sure why Devils would give a 2nd for him.
The Penguins trading Marino to get the cap room to keep Malkin and Letang is a downright baffling suggestion from Seravalli. Marino's like the 5th or 6th guy you trade for cap room if you need to make cap room, you trade any of Zucker, Pettersson, Dumoulin, Blueger or McGinn well before you trade Marino.
He literally addresses that in the article lol.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He literally addresses that in the article lol.

His justification was dumb. "It doesn't seem like they'll be able to trade Pettersson, so they could trade Marino instead" is a dumb argument when you have like 3 or 4 other guys to look at moving before Marino if Pettersson wouldn't work.

Dumoulin, Zucker and Blueger are UFAs after this year, they'd be incredibly easy to move. Zucker and Blueger are definitely less important to the team than Marino is. Moving Marino for cap reasons is a downright baffling suggestion when the Penguins have numerous other options to clear money.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
His justification was dumb. "It doesn't seem like they'll be able to trade Pettersson, so they could trade Marino instead" is a dumb argument when you have like 3 or 4 other guys to look at moving before Marino if Pettersson wouldn't work.

Dumoulin, Zucker and Blueger are UFAs after this year, they'd be incredibly easy to move. Zucker and Blueger are definitely less important to the team than Marino is. Moving Marino for cap reasons is a downright baffling suggestion when the Penguins have numerous other options to clear money.

stop fighting it,

Canucks team store already selling Marino jerseys.

Garland for Marino

small parts added by either team

book it

Just because DeBrincat doesn't have a NTC doesn't mean he will be traded. I would say it's more likely Kane and Toews are traded
and then what?

Chicago is going to pay Debrincat 8.5mil for the next 8 years while they are a bottom feeder for the next 5? why?

Trade him and get the rebuild started with a bang!

Ledge And Dairy

stop fighting it,

Canucks team store already selling Marino jerseys.

Garland for Marino

small parts added by either team

book it

and then what?

Chicago is going to pay Debrincat 8.5mil for the next 8 years while they are a bottom feeder for the next 5? why?

Trade him and get the rebuild started with a bang!
No? DeBrincat is 24, Chicago already has a lot of good pieces to do a pretty short term rebuild. They really aren't that far off of where NYR was when they decided to rebuild in 17/18. Last I checked Zibaneijad was also 24 then and they didn't trade him off

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards

I doubt it happens. Wingers in this situation have not crazy value or anything (especially in comparison to the defender market). Doesn't mean that he can't get more than the market has given in the recent past, but I would put my money somewhere in this vicinity in terms of a return with it being closest to a Hall type return.

Hall - 1st protected (ended up 18), 3rd, B prospect, fillers
Buch - 2nd + Blais
Reinhart - protected first (turned into #28) + solid goalie prospect.

I think #2OA is too high. If they are getting a first from the devils, it's a protected 23.

Reactions: Fatass

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Seravalli isn't pulling these names out of his ass, we know he's very well connected.

Its also worth pointing out that players aren't neccessarily on that list because they're being shopped, but that they may move. Marino is clearly more part of the group of guys there because other teams are calling - same as Soucy, Anderson and Scheifele. If Pittsburgh is moving Marino its probably because its a trade they like, not to clear cap space.

I also don't how easy it would be to move Zucker. They're certainly not immovable, but easy is a stretch. Dumoulin also seems like he could move, but the market may not be as big now as at the deadline.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
DeBrincat feels like this year's Hertl where there was a lot of posts about him being traded but it never happened.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Is debrincat rumored strictly due to eventually he will get a mega contract???

I've always been surprised when seeing his name pop up cause I figured he would be a Hawk for a very long time

Personally I think Hawks management wants to tear it down to the ground as soon as possible; to do so means moving Kane and Toews and getting as big a return as possible. Problem is, as everyone knows is their NMCs. So how do you get them to waive those clauses, move all of the best assets around them, starting with DeBrincat. Obviously you only move Cat if you get a huge return, if the offer isn’t there then you hold on until the deadline or next off season and you let Kane and Toews walk when their contracts expire.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I've actually found Seravalli to be one of the better if not best insiders the last few seasons. He has really turned up his connections, he is more reliable than Dregger and at times Friedman imo especially over the last few trade deadlines and drafts.
His insider information is great. His speculation, just throwing shit out there like anyone.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
According to FS its not an "if" but a "when" will Chicago trade him, whether this off-season or next.
9mil qualifying contract for a rebuilding team is apparently why Chicago wants to move on.

Would be a stupid move for them to refuse to extend him just because they're rebuilding. The rangers paid 11.5m to Panarin at the start of the rebuild and it sure didn't seem to hurt them. Having no productive vets in the locker room to mentor and shelter kids will turn you into the next Edmonton/Buffalo/Arizona/other perennial loser

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad