Post-Game Talk: Too Much Poutine: Jets look flat in 4-3 loss to Habs

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
One would think Clitsome is going to be removed from the lineup soon.

Hainsey, Toby and Buff all played 25, 26 and 28 minutes respectively and Grant had 8 minutes at a -2.

Surely the staff knows they can't continue to rotate 4-5 defensemen on a nightly basis and remain competitive.

Agreed, it looks like it is already starting to catch up to them. Enstrom and to a lesser extent Buff's play has started to look sloppy the last couple of games which to me is a sign of fatigue. Bogosian really needs to get back soon so we can start running our top four out for 20-23 minutes a night.

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
according to the Habs board this is the best game they have played, it was our worst game and they won by 1 goal. I'm not worried , we'll get em in the long run

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Nope... :shakehead

Why do people state things like it's a fact, but when really they are just guessing on a fact.
Last season it was measured. MTS has highest decibel rating.
I would definitely put MTL in top 5 though.

Agree. Props given to Bell Centre for sure but second to MTS Centre.

iceguy

Dec 8, 2011
Clitsome at -7 now... yay. To bad we have no Flood. Anyone know how Redmond would fit in?

Last edited by a moderator:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets on a Deadline

Ginsburg-Photography.jpg

Still waiting on the video and audio but here are the recaps for those who are gluttons for punishment.

Click here.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
according to the Habs board this is the best game they have played, it was our worst game and they won by 1 goal. I'm not worried , we'll get em in the long run

This is true, wait until they come into our home rink. Different story for sure. And show them what a real crowd is like.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Clitsome at -7 now... yay. To bad we have no Flood. Anyone know how Redmond would fit in?

TBH I don't think of Flood as better... Kulda probably would have been... *sigh* dropped the ball there...

Redmond would have to fit in for Postma...
Unless Noel wants to give one of the rookies 20 minutes of tough icetime on the second pair and drop Stuart...
I'm hoping in practices they are letting Redmond practice on the left side... it would be good for him short term (replace Clitsome) and long term (since he'd be battling Byfuglien, Bogosian, Postma and eventually Trouba for a spot).

Last edited by a moderator:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
3 stars are all Canadians yet the Jets outshot them 36-34 and the score was a close 4-3 aided by homer calls from the ref.s, time to dump the 3 star selection already.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
3 stars are all Canadians yet the Jets outshot them 36-34 and the score was a close 4-3 aided by homer calls from the ref.s, time to dump the 3 star selection already.

The Jets had 22 shots, not 36 lol and the Jets had more PP's than the Habs but OK.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Just as biased at MTS Centre. It's just a thing for fans to appreciate their players, these days.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Do we play Montoya in Florida and then let Pavs get shelled the following night in Tampa? I don't think Pavs should play a back to back at this stage.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Thought this was Postma's best game. Wasn't nearly as prone to bad giveaways as previous games and seemed to play with more confidence.

Quite the goal by Olli. Nice to see.

I'm thinking Scheifele will have to get in for Welly during this road trip. Welly looked slow and not engaged in the game tonight.

Galchenioretty

Oct 18, 2009
Canada

Someone may have said that but it's not even close to true. Games against Florida and Washington were definitely better and given the quality of opponent Jersey may have been better too.

Galchenioretty

Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Nope... :shakehead

Why do people state things like it's a fact, but when really they are just guessing on a fact.
Last season it was measured. MTS has highest decibel rating.
I would definitely put MTL in top 5 though.

Not saying you're wrong (I've been to both frequently, Habs fan who makes 1 trip a year to MTL and Jets half season ticket holder) but do you have a source on the decibel rating thing? I thought I read a number on the home opener but it wasn't near the loudest ever.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Is it just me or does it look like Kane really enjoys playing with Jokinen?

I think he really enjoys being on the 'first line', and playing with Wheels.

Honestly, until tonight, I didn't think Olli has done a whole lot, but Kane and Wheels kept putting up the points. Hopefully Olli continues to play like he did tonight.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I said this after our home opener and I still stand by it: To win against the Jets you just have to play the trap, and shoot high on Pavs.

Noel doesn't adjust to this... at all.

Any team that let's the Jets play wide open in the neutral zone is in trouble. Although to be fair as many have mentioned the whole team looked off. This is best to write off,and forget it.

Not sure I agree with the bolded. Jets have the puckmovers on D and overall team speed to beat the 1-2-2 when they're playing fast. That was their problem tonight, there was absolutely no speed through the neutral zone.

Part of it may have been tired legs, but I also think they may have been too methodical with their puck movement, which was probably a by-product of trying to cut down on turnovers (only 5 Jets giveaways per NHL.com).

Hopefully they find the right balance. Noel should show them some game tape from the Tampa Bay games last season, I thought they did a great job in those games of playing aggressively vs. the trap without being reckless.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Its mind boggling that Grant Clitsome is getting a regular shift on this team (or the NHL for that matter). We simply won't be competitive as long as this is the case.

Its also a bit strange that we have such a huge hole on the 3rd pairing, considering that Chevy has known that we'd be without Bogo till February since the summer. On a team that was 26th in goals against last year, its a bit frustrating that we're addressing this through the waiver wire. Oh, you can't make 29 Wins Columbus as a 7th D? Well come on down to Winnipeg!

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Well I was cheering for the Jets while a whole bar crammed with drunk french students cheering. They at least had a happy time, broke into "ole ole ole ole" song at the end. Too much pizza and beer for me, going to bed. 'nite

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Nope, it was far from our best game, our best game was vs the caps when we won 4-1.

But still I thought the jets looked pretty strong out there. Lots of good exchanges in the end zone.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Its mind boggling that Grant Clitsome is getting a regular shift on this team (or the NHL for that matter). We simply won't be competitive as long as this is the case.

Its also a bit strange that we have such a huge hole on the 3rd pairing, considering that Chevy has known that we'd be without Bogo till February since the summer. On a team that was 26th in goals against last year, its a bit frustrating that we're addressing this through the waiver wire. Oh, you can't make 29 Wins Columbus as a 7th D? Well come on down to Winnipeg!

Good news is that the Jets coaches seem to have realized this; he got just 12 shifts and 8:46 worth of icetime tonight. I've got a good feeling that Redmond will draw in vs. Florida or Tampa Bay, and we can (hopefully) end this silly Clitsome experiment once and for all.

Think Garret made this point: who would've guessed that we'd be longing for Johnny Oduya?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad