Post-Game Talk: Too Much Poutine: Jets look flat in 4-3 loss to Habs

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
No post game player analysis tonight.

Too many forwards who were completely invisible and would leave my template blank for the majority of it.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
We deserved to lose this one. Our worst performance since the home opener, no doubt about it.

The only good thing for the Jets was the FO%.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
Would've been nice to get a point, but let's move on.

Refs were pretty god awful both ways, not just against us. No excuses there. Too bad games are so often decided that way but things aren't going to change so you've got to adapt.

Gaald

Mar 17, 2012
God awful game by the Jets. I hope they can put it behind them quick and win the next two. Ugly!

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Argh! What a good chance at the end..... It was such a close game....

Well, you cant win all the close games, and this one was soooooo close. I think without that freak 4th Canadiens goal we'd have won this one. Well, let's focus on the next one!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
File that under not good enough, from Pavelec on out.

Refs were brutal, but that was hardly the reason the Jets lost.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Pathetic effort by the Jets and the refs. Why can't we play against Canadian teams?

Definitely not worth staying up for this one.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
A few goals let in while Clitsome was on the ice...
vvN2O.gif

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This felt like 2011-2012. Lazy. Uninspired.

Hope this Jets team can wake up and show better efforts vs. Florida and Tampa Bay. What we displayed tonight is 100% unacceptable after seeing what this team is capable of. Just brutal.

Officiating was questionable, sure, but it did not lose us the game. Pavelec was off. Byfuglien was a mess. Our Captain must have stayed in ****ing Winnipeg, 19 minutes of icetime and he was where? Did he throw a hit all game? I'd love to see more passion out of him to try and lift his team on an off night.

I hope we don't see a repeat of this any time soon.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Sacre bleu.

Need more compete level. The talent of this team is much greater than last year. Jets lacked effort and stayed in this game. Pavs was aloof.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Don't blame the refs. Flat and tired is right, and only 10 shots after 2? Undisciplined, sloppy play as well.

Also, part of me died when Thorburn skated into the boards instead of chipping that puck out.

ghost88*

Refs were terrible but we still had a ton of chances to tie the game up.

We did not play fundamental hockey.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
No post game player analysis tonight.

Too many forwards who were completely invisible and would leave my template blank for the majority of it.

Kane at least looked like he cared.

When your whole team looks as flat as that you really wonder why.

Byfuglien was not good tonight. No effort whatsoever.

My guess (and its a COMPLETE guess, no facts) is that the guys were feeling good about themselves and decided to go out and celebrate last night.

I expect them to be much better tomorrow night.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
So is it the 'legendary' night life in Montreal? Is that what leads to such garbage play on so many levels?

I'm going to change my cat's litterbox which I anticpate will smell a lot better than the Jets' play tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad