Tomas Hertl

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Imo if he was a playmaker is agree with you. But he's actually kind of bad at it as evidenced by his play on the marleau line and on the powerplay. He's setup to be a goal scorer but as of right now he needs someone to get him the puck in scoring positions. Nothing wrong with that but I say to be a top six center he absolutely needs to score goals.

Well, when he was playing center, he wasn't playing with any real playmakers so that probably attributes to the lack of goals. However, he was showing plenty of effectiveness as a center with lots of different things he was doing well. His faceoffs, his possession numbers were good, his board play was good, his puck-handling, and scoring chance creating were all good.

To be a top six center, sure he needs to score goals but that wasn't the role he was playing until parts of when Couture was out. In the 3rd line pivot, he was a very effective center even without the goals that some people are so fixated on.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Well, when he was playing center, he wasn't playing with any real playmakers so that probably attributes to the lack of goals. However, he was showing plenty of effectiveness as a center with lots of different things he was doing well. His faceoffs, his possession numbers were good, his board play was good, his puck-handling, and scoring chance creating were all good.

To be a top six center, sure he needs to score goals but that wasn't the role he was playing until parts of when Couture was out. In the 3rd line pivot, he was a very effective center even without the goals that some people are so fixated on.

I would just expect that of he is labeled a 2c he would be scoring goals. Otherwise he's just a top 9 forward.

I know his possession numbers were good but I don't know about his chance creation. What I observed in his time on that line is that he wasn't dynamic enough to score himself. His shot wind up was very telegraphed and he consistently found himself in low percentage positions.

It's only about 200 minutes of sample and to me he showed he can take on top comp and keep the puck in their end. He's our only forward EVER to dominate Kane and kopitar in possession. Though I'm not sure if it was as a center or with the joes. Either way we haven't had a line do that in a season yet I don't think. So I kinda wish they'd let couture get up to speed with the joes and give hertl donskoi and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad