Confirmed with Link: Tom Wilson Re-signs 6 years, $5.17 AAV

How do you feel about Tom Wilson's new contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
I was hoping that Wilson's lack of boxcars would push him down from the Simmonds' percentage of the cap, but I guess Cup bump ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is basically the exact Simmonds contract when you adjust for the cap inflation.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
10-20% more than I’d have liked but so was Kuzys deal and that worked out. The one thing I convinced myself is even if he doesn’t develop offensively he can still destroy people.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Tom Wilson does so many things that aren’t recorded all over the ice. He draws penalties, he can hit, he can agitate, he can pk, he’s a leader, he creates room, he makes everyone on the ice feel more confident, he’s a fan favorite, he can play on any line in any role, etc.

His contact is worth it.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
As was talked about on here prior we paid a little more for the extra years. He is still young and has time to continue to develop. There is some risk here, but this could also be a very good deal 2-3 years down the road

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
A big part of his game is hitting. We should be ok if he isn't in jail for being Willy.

I seriously cannot ever recall a forward that forces the 'here you take it' turnover by his mere presence. That's something I have never seen goons nor elite power forwards pull off. We saw it in most all of the series's. But that hapless Islanders D in the playoffs doing a pass to Willy in front to avoid getting pummeled takes the cake. At a key part of the game and series IIRC.

I think he is the most intimidating player in the NHL. That costs money and there is no comparable. I wonder where he ranks on the all time list. I assume Gordie is still the king.

Last edited:

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
I don't hate it, but I'm not thrilled, either.

Disclaimer - I'm a huge Wilson fan.

I look forward to thinking he's worth this deal in the future. Give 'em Hell, big guy.
Seems high. Not OMG what were they thinking high, but head scratching high. Who knows.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Seems high. Maybe he grows into it. I know you can’t value Tom Wilson by stats, he is so much more important than his numbers... but in comparison to peer players with stats only, he has got to be significant over paid right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad