Tom Wilson Has Arrived At Last

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bouma injures Wilson, Wilson comes back and gets a cheap call against him, but later baits Bouma into a penalty. Crafty.

And Caps stop the bleeding with a goal on the PP.

Wilson has been one of DC's top players this season, just all around.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Wilson has 4 points night so far. (1 point is virtual for the penalty)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Fake news. He’s played a majority of the season on the third line, add up the two percentages with the third line teammates its greater than with Backstrom-Ovechkin. Good try though!

How is it fake news? I said Backstrom and Ovechkin is his most common line combination. That's completely true.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
How is it fake news? I said Backstrom and Ovechkin is his most common line combination. That's completely true.

Are you forgetting the part where you referred to the fact that he was getting top 6 time and his most frequent linemates were Backstrom and Ovechkin, inferring that most of his time is spent in the top six? Like I said fake news. Try again!

Reactions: GoCaps2004

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know you are right, but what's the percentage of his TOI spent with Backstrom and Ovechkin out of curiosity, if you still have the page open?

It's just given as a percentage of total ice time I think. It's the 3rd most common line the Capitals have had this year and the most common line Wilson has been a part of. The websites that had breakdowns of TOI% with certain linemates sadly don't exist anymore.

Are you forgetting the part where you referred to the fact that he was getting top 6 time and his most frequent linemates were Backstrom and Ovechkin, inferring that most of his time is spent in the top six? Like I said fake news. Try again!

I don't think you know what the phrase "fake news" means. I said Wilson is getting top-6 minutes with Backstrom and Ovechkin being his most common line combination. That's just a fact. You just crying "fake news!" just makes you look dumb, because I just provided the stats to prove it.

Seriously, responding with "fake news!" to a claim that has evidence to back it up isn't exactly a logical argument to make. But then again, it's not like the people that use "fake news" unironically use logic in the first place.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It takes more then having 12 points in his 25th game played of the season before he has arrived. A lot of players have had good streaks or even a good season but then never be so good later. Totally premature to make a thread about him arriving.

Reactions: kingsfan28

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
It's just given as a percentage of total ice time I think. It's the 3rd most common line the Capitals have had this year and the most common line Wilson has been a part of. The websites that had breakdowns of TOI% with certain linemates sadly don't exist anymore.

I don't think you know what the phrase "fake news" means. I said Wilson is getting top-6 minutes with Backstrom and Ovechkin being his most common line combination. That's just a fact. You just crying "fake news!" just makes you look dumb, because I just provided the stats to prove it.

Seriously, responding with "fake news!" to a claim that has evidence to back it up isn't exactly a logical argument to make. But then again, it's not like the people that use "fake news" unironically use logic in the first place.

Everyone understands what you were getting at with your original message, you moving the goal post after getting called out doesn’t change that fact. The only person looking “dumb” would be youself for resorting to name calling after losing an argument.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Tom Wilson is consistently one of the worst performers in the playoffs as far as possession and shot suppression goes.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

Ah, it's a shame. If I had to guess, I'd say Wilson probably spent about 25-30% of his TOI with Backstrom and Ovechkin. The rest of the time he's been up and down the lineup and Trotz shuffled the bottom 6 a lot early on.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Better to the real man Tom Wilson rather than the crying baby.

They should put that on the banner: Tom Wilson the “ Real Man”

I think there is room for another one between one of the Southeast Division Champs and the Winter Classic banners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad