Tom Gulitti Appreciation Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This thread's only about TG, leave Chere articles out of it going forward although it was nice Chere called TG a friend.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Andy's okay I guess. but its not the same. just not the same

KmoSrHh.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andy's okay I guess. but its not the same. just not the same

KmoSrHh.png

Haha I enjoyed this!

I'm already missing him today, no reports from practice today. Did they even have one?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The chaos and lack of reports makes me miss TG more. No idea what the hell is happening.

Ugh me too.

I might have laughed at certain things he said and didn't always agree with him, but I never complained too much about him.

Like I always said, there was never a lack of material to read from him during hockey season and around the draft/UFA and pivotal moments of the offseason. Sometimes there was too much material, and I never had time to even read all of it.

Break up day is gonna be lame and have very little coverage. Chere just doesn't provide that kind of coverage, and I don't think Vasquez will on break up day either.

Nothing against them personally, because I find MOST beat writers don't give you the coverage that Gulitti gave our team. For a team that supposedly has no fans and has had no success after the regular season in 4 years, he gave us more coverage than many of the more successful teams in the league get. At least out of most of the American based teams.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ugh me too.

I might have laughed at certain things he said and didn't always agree with him, but I never complained too much about him.

Like I always said, there was never a lack of material to read from him during hockey season and around the draft/UFA and pivotal moments of the offseason. Sometimes there was too much material, and I never had time to even read all of it.

Break up day is gonna be lame and have very little coverage. Chere just doesn't provide that kind of coverage, and I don't think Vasquez will on break up day either.

Nothing against them personally, because I find MOST beat writers don't give you the coverage that Gulitti gave our team. For a team that supposedly has no fans and has had no success after the regular season in 4 years, he gave us more coverage than many of the more successful teams in the league get. At least out of most of the American based teams.

It is even worse now with all the news today. There is so much going on with the kids coming to get their first NHL game. Everyone getting ready for a potentially deep playoff run in Albany.

Never mind the mindset of what the vets plans are for next year, and what Patty wants to do.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It is even worse now with all the news today. There is so much going on with the kids coming to get their first NHL game. Everyone getting ready for a potentially deep playoff run in Albany.

Never mind the mindset of what the vets plans are for next year, and what Patty wants to do.

He also always gave us pretty much the entire transcript of the coach's press conference and actually talked to the coach during his pre game availability. I don't always see Chere doing that. Although I don't see the beat writers for other teams doing that either. So it's not so much that they suck, Tom just went out of his way to do it.

I hope he got himself a damn nice raise for this new job, he certainly has more than earned it. Well deserved for him. He certainly deserves more pay than most of the guys, because of all the work he puts in that other writers do not.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He also always gave us pretty much the entire transcript of the coach's press conference and actually talked to the coach during his pre game availability. I don't always see Chere doing that. Although I don't see the beat writers for other teams doing that either. So it's not so much that they suck, Tom just went out of his way to do it.

I hope he got himself a damn nice raise for this new job, he certainly has more than earned it. Well deserved for him. He certainly deserves more pay than most of the guys, because of all the work he puts in that other writers do not.

I mean tomorrow is going to be so damn busy with all this news we really need TG to cover it all. Chere only broke this crap like 10 minutes ago.

We don't have anyone to properly cover all the coverage of all these first NHL games on top of the season ending press conferences and interviews. It seems like we are in a big state of the franchise moment where we get reassured of what the overall plan is and we are missing our best beat writer.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean tomorrow is going to be so damn busy with all this news we really need TG to cover it all. Chere only broke this crap like 10 minutes ago.

We don't have anyone to properly cover all the coverage of all these first NHL games on top of the season ending press conferences and interviews. It seems like we are in a big state of the franchise moment where we get reassured of what the overall plan is and we are missing our best beat writer.

Yeah I'm sure Tom would have gotten some quotes or at least feedback from Shero by now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yeah it does suck, I selfishly do wish that Tom could have stayed on the job just one more week here. He always provided article after article for break up day every season.

Not that I blame Vasquez at all, he may or may not even know much about hockey himself, being a guy covering basketball and having to be an emergency replacement. He may not even know what questions to ask, as he may not even follow it or know much about anyone or anything on this team at all.

I hope we get a good replacement when the time comes that someone is hired to permanently replace TG.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
I always thought Tom had help with the blog considering the volume of work posted but clearly I was wrong. Fire and ice is dead without the man and that is very sad to see. It's like the bookend to the glory days of the Devils.

He certainly earned a promotion and I'm happy to see he'll be well. Maybe fire and ice gets a new writer this offseason and they bang out some articles but looks like without posting for 2 weeks now they are going to kill it off. I'm already out of the habit of checking the damn thing. Ok it's near 2am I'm just ranting I guess.

Well as long as we have HF we still got something going for us.

And listening to Doc call the Hawks game tonight was music to my ears despite the outcome leaving me feeling the blues.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've sent my resume already out to both the Ledger and Record.

I prefer the Record job, as I expect it to get the most hits initially, due to Gulitti's popularity. And I just hope to win the readers over early.

Promptly waiting for a call for my interview!:sarcasm:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We were spoiled for years with TG running the blog. He really did set the standard for team blogs.

Last edited:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I always thought Tom had help with the blog considering the volume of work posted but clearly I was wrong. Fire and ice is dead without the man and that is very sad to see. It's like the bookend to the glory days of the Devils.

He certainly earned a promotion and I'm happy to see he'll be well. Maybe fire and ice gets a new writer this offseason and they bang out some articles but looks like without posting for 2 weeks now they are going to kill it off. I'm already out of the habit of checking the damn thing. Ok it's near 2am I'm just ranting I guess.

Well as long as we have HF we still got something going for us.

And listening to Doc call the Hawks game tonight was music to my ears despite the outcome leaving me feeling the blues.

They dont have a writer for it and Gross is a Rangers guy and was covering the playoffs.

Im not going to say they are going to kill it until they get their new writer and see what he does. There is nothing to report on right now other then Albany and im sure TG or any other beat writer would be but we dont have one. So it a little pre-mature to assume Fire and Ice is dead.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
If they were smart they would post to it, when nothing is there people just assume it's dead and the chances of them never coming back increase as they seek alternatives. I for one just frequent HF but I loved f&I and miss it even more because TG provided so much depth and insider type stories. On top of that he actually interacts with people.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They dont have a writer for it and Gross is a Rangers guy and was covering the playoffs.

Im not going to say they are going to kill it until they get their new writer and see what he does. There is nothing to report on right now other then Albany and im sure TG or any other beat writer would be but we dont have one. So it a little pre-mature to assume Fire and Ice is dead.

Tom said that the blog was going to remain, as well as the archived posts all the way to 2007. I haven't checked it recently though, since there's no new material. But I believe it's still there.

And we usually would not get many blogs from mid to late April from Tom in non playoff years anyway. He might have posted a blog about Larsson's injury, if he were still here or whatever happened with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad