Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm usually in Bronze or Silver right now. I still don't have all the map angles down which is holding me back and I still don't know all the camera locations. I'm also too lazy to do dry runs through empty maps so I'm kind of learning a lot of the map intricacies as I go.

I also find the matchmaking to be pretty good on PS4. Most of my matches are even.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm usually in Bronze or Silver right now. I still don't have all the map angles down which is holding me back and I still don't know all the camera locations. I'm also too lazy to do dry runs through empty maps so I'm kind of learning a lot of the map intricacies as I go.

I also find the matchmaking to be pretty good on PS4. Most of my matches are even.

I absolutely suck on new maps.

On consulate, kafe, chalet, etc im good.

I literally never get mvp also. Kinda sucks.

I watch a lot of videos too, whos your go to suscribe?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Serenity17 is the most in-depth guy and has a lot of high-level tips as well as individual operator videos. I think Prodigio Pete's videos are also really helpful in the beginning just for basic tips like cursor discipline.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
I cant seem to get out of Silver. What is your rankings?

Gold I for last two seasons on Xbox One. Haven't played any ranked matches yet for the new season, only casual. Need to learn the Spanish coastal house first before I start playing ranked.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
I absolutely suck on new maps.

On consulate, kafe, chalet, etc im good.

I literally never get mvp also. Kinda sucks.

I watch a lot of videos too, whos your go to suscribe?

The quickest way to get better is to use your mic, if you're not already, it is a must and definitely learning the intricacies of each map.

Also, having teammates you trust and knowing each operators strength and weaknesses and who they team up with well and why. Like if you're on attack and you see someone pick Thermite on your team, then it's a good idea to get Thatcher because the two of them together can break into any reinforced area. Thatcher by himself without Thermite is not so good.

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
I've been playing this since it came out. I was hesitant at first about the replayability and the fact that it is you only live once, but the gameplay is so good. So much strategy involved, but it's not too overwhelming for new players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've been playing this since it came out. I was hesitant at first about the replayability and the fact that it is you only live once, but the gameplay is so good. So much strategy involved, but it's not too overwhelming for new players.

Its YOLO my life is worth a lot more than regular FPS

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
What attachments are you guys using? I saw a video the other day claiming that muzzle brake is the best one to use overall but something just feels right about the suppressor when I'm playing.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What attachments are you guys using? I saw a video the other day claiming that muzzle brake is the best one to use overall but something just feels right about the suppressor when I'm playing.

Muzzle brake mostly, some have the longer barrel, some have flash hider.

Holo sight is a must for me, cant play without.

Reflex on shotguns and a few ACOGs

It seems i cant freaking win these days, unless i have 3 or more kills in a round. Ridulous.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
They really need to stop allowing people to carry friends under rank 20 into ranked matches. I got stuck with two level 3 players in ranked last night who hadn't even unlocked operators yet.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
They really need to stop allowing people to carry friends under rank 20 into ranked matches. I got stuck with two level 3 players in ranked last night who hadn't even unlocked operators yet.

Ive always said Ranked should have a minimum number of owned Operators like Heroes of the Storm. bit of a wierd comparison but you get the point :laugh:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Apparently Glaz getting a significant buff in the upcoming patch. They're giving him some sort of thermal sensor on the scope. I don't really know why they're doing that since I think Glaz is fine as is. Doc is going to be able to heal up to 140 from 120 health as well.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Again, I really didn't understand the need to buff Glaz in the first place. He gets solid play in casual and ranked. The thermal sight just eliminates some of the skill necessary to make an impact with him to the point where almost anyone can dominate a floor now if they can get a good vantage point. I don't really like it.

If any character could use a buff it's Castle. Considering the amount of attackers who are bringing some sort of breach ability to the table, Castle really isn't serving a purpose right now.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Again, I really didn't understand the need to buff Glaz in the first place. He gets solid play in casual and ranked. The thermal sight just eliminates some of the skill necessary to make an impact with him to the point where almost anyone can dominate a floor now if they can get a good vantage point. I don't really like it.

If any character could use a buff it's Castle. Considering the amount of attackers who are bringing some sort of breach ability to the table, Castle really isn't serving a purpose right now.
It doesn't make logical sense, but with the high pick rate of Ash and Sledge his barricades need to be resistant to them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ashe just has two charges, i dont know.

But Sledge should be at least a two hit or something.

Maybe a first hit hole, then a second hit break.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

Castle is one of my most played defenders. He's pretty good as he is, most people just don't know how to play him well.

His barriers are meant to delay and cause attackers to waste their breaching charges or rounds for their special weapons. Sledge really is the only one that can tear right through them with ease and not every team has a Sledge available. Everybody else has to hit the barrier 20 times to break it without a breaching charge.

I've lost a game being the only attacker left and the room was sealed with Castle barriers and I had no more breaching charges and ran out of time trying to break the barrier. I've also won a game that same way. I saved one barrier and there was a minute left and I knew the attacker was going to go through a certain door and put up the Castle barrier and they couldn't get through and ran out of time.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Castle is one of my most played defenders. He's pretty good as he is, most people just don't know how to play him well.

His barriers are meant to delay and cause attackers to waste their breaching charges or rounds for their special weapons. Sledge really is the only one that can tear right through them with ease and not every team has a Sledge available. Everybody else has to hit the barrier 20 times to break it without a breaching charge.

I've lost a game being the only attacker left and the room was sealed with Castle barriers and I had no more breaching charges and ran out of time trying to break the barrier. I've also won a game that same way. I saved one barrier and there was a minute left and I knew the attacker was going to go through a certain door and put up the Castle barrier and they couldn't get through and ran out of time.

You can make a similar argument about every single character. I'm not trying to discount your experience but in my experience, when viewed relative to what other defenders are bringing to the table, Castle could use a buff.

Breaching charges are not a rare commodity. Also, Ash can absolutely blast through with ease akin to Sledge. 3 breaching charges is a lot. Those are 3 breaching charges which are accessible to a very high percentage of attacking operators. Like someone else said, I have an Ash or a Sledge on my team as an attacker probably 95% of the time I play ranked. I'd say I have both of them on the team at the same time a high amount as well (although, full disclosure, I do main Ash/Thermite/Thatcher myself). Than you end up with other operators running breach charges as well (Thatcher, Twitch, Blackbeard etc.). That's a lot of breaching charges running around.

My point being that I do not think, in my experience playing Ranked and Casual, I've ever found myself in a situation where Castle's barriers are still standing with no one left to breach them down. Has it happened before? Of course. That being said, I would really be interested in seeing how much play he's getting in ranked where literally no half decent team should arrive in a situation where they have to manually punch out his barricades. Geez, he's not even a direct counter to Fuze right now which would be a huge plus and maybe make him somewhat of a Mute alternate.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree with Staalwars on this one. Castle is highly situational.

Ive been maining Thatcher these days. Is the Ar33 the best gun? God its good.

Also, ive been using the silencer more and more.

Its perfect for peeking and headshots.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I agree with Staalwars on this one. Castle is highly situational.

Ive been maining Thatcher these days. Is the Ar33 the best gun? God its good.

Also, ive been using the silencer more and more.

Its perfect for peeking and headshots.

AR33 is phenomenal.

I also have a preference for the silencer, especially when I'm using Ash. I don't ever really fire in long bursts so I think being able to take a lot of quick single shots around corners is more helpful.

I can't string together wins in ranked. One round I'll be on a great team and be the weak link with like 1 kill and 1 assist and the next round I'll be on a terrible team and have 9 kills and 4 assists and lose lol.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
AR33 is phenomenal.

I also have a preference for the silencer, especially when I'm using Ash. I don't ever really fire in long bursts so I think being able to take a lot of quick single shots around corners is more helpful.

I can't string together wins in ranked. One round I'll be on a great team and be the weak link with like 1 kill and 1 assist and the next round I'll be on a terrible team and have 9 kills and 4 assists and lose lol.

Yep. The same happens to me, its annoying.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Just bought the complete edition off Steam. How should I get started?

do the tutorials and the intro missions, then play some Terrorist Hunt to get a feel for the game, then Casual when you feel like you got it down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad