Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Theres been open beta for everyone now for few days and I've played ten-ish hours and I love it. There has been problems with servers the whole time but that was to be expected. Hope they get it all working before launch.

as a Counter-Strike player the 5v5 bomb defuse thing feels familiar but it has so much more variables and options for strategic moves. Its almost too busy but still stays in the bounds of playability.

I'm definitely gonna buy the game and look forward to play it with 5 man premade team with friends. Best Rainbow Six since the Vegas.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
played about 50 hours of alpha and beta

good concept, bad execution. will be dead game in couple months

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Then we have different definition of fun.

This is just the kind of game I like. Best played with whole team of friends, tactical and needs learning + skill to compete. I could see this played competitive in tournaments.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Then we have different definition of fun.

This is just the kind of game I like. Best played with whole team of friends, tactical and needs learning + skill to compete. I could see this played competitive in tournaments.

I got the game for free otherwise I wouldn't be getting it but I don't see it taking off really with the other games out and coming out.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
I got the game for free otherwise I wouldn't be getting it but I don't see it taking off really with the other games out and coming out.

How many games that have potential of being competitive tournament games are coming?

Games like Fallout 4, Battlefront, Division and others, while being great games are not competing with Siege directly, only for the time of players.

While I can't see Siege being an instant classic or taking players from other competitive games like Counter-Strike, I can see it having potential of becoming one of those games that get tournaments built around it.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
it'll be like Evolve

theres tournaments, but noone knows about them

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
How many games that have potential of being competitive tournament games are coming?

Games like Fallout 4, Battlefront, Division and others, while being great games are not competing with Siege directly, only for the time of players.

While I can't see Siege being an instant classic or taking players from other competitive games like Counter-Strike, I can see it having potential of becoming one of those games that get tournaments built around it.

Between Halo MCC, 5, Battlefront, Black Ops 3, Battlefield 3, 4, hardline, Destiny, CS and Gears the game alone already has some steep competition to begin with...

Then like you mentioned..Fallout 4, Just Cause 4, The Division, Assassins Creed etc etc...

The game has some serious competition as it is...It's laid out great for tournaments I just don't see it having a very big fan base at all.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I played this one during the closed beta, but got tired of it after a few hours.

Neat concept, though I think this one will be a pass from me.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Don't think the concept is enough to carry a full priced game. I love R6 but this isn't a great attempt.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Is this another game focused on respawning, or 1 death per round?

Very similar to Counter-Strike, 1 death per round. After that you can either watch security camera views and spot enemies if they haven't shot the cameras or view players still alive on your team.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Very similar to Counter-Strike, 1 death per round. After that you can either watch security camera views and spot enemies if they haven't shot the cameras or view players still alive on your team.

That security cam is innovative!

I'm intrigued now. 1 death per round is soooo much better than respawn. Love that style.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I hated the gameplay personally. It was too clunky, I didn't feel like I had good control over my character's movement or their fighting mechanics. My team sucked so I died quickly in terrorist hunt, even if I didn't die I couldn't defuse two bombs by myself with a health cache that doesn't heal.

I don't see myself buying it at $60, maybe $30 or $40 in a couple months on sale if I have friends playing it to make a team. I'd rather play a re-mastered Rainbow Six Vegas, it was better by far.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
There is seriously no campaign in this game?

The game has been pretty meh so far. Nothing special at all about it.

I remember Ubisoft releasing footage of a game called Rainbow Six Patriots that looked pretty good. I wonder why they cancelled it.

Last edited:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
I hated the gameplay personally. It was too clunky, I didn't feel like I had good control over my character's movement or their fighting mechanics. My team sucked so I died quickly in terrorist hunt, even if I didn't die I couldn't defuse two bombs by myself with a health cache that doesn't heal.

I don't see myself buying it at $60, maybe $30 or $40 in a couple months on sale if I have friends playing it to make a team. I'd rather play a re-mastered Rainbow Six Vegas, it was better by far.

There is seriously no campaign in this game?

The game has been pretty meh so far. Nothing special at all about it.

I remember Ubisoft releasing footage of a game called Rainbow Six Patriots that looked pretty good. I wonder why they cancelled it.

This..

Even at 30$ I'd be hesitant to buy..

The players to feel soooooo clunky...its weird...

I don't see this taking off.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This..

Even at 30$ I'd be hesitant to buy..

The players to feel soooooo clunky...its weird...

I don't see this taking off.

I got it from gamefly today and i just feel like instantly sending it back.

I mainly rented it for the campaign, but there apparently is no campaign.

My own fault for not doing any research on the subject.

Man though is this game a disappointment.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Are single-player campaigns a thing of the past or something?? Battlefront ditched it too.

LSnow

Jan 5, 2012
Finland
Watched couple of streamers play PVE missions, they seemed incredibly fun to play and tactical.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Verdict is to wait until Ubisoft gets their **** together. Buggy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad