Tom Anselmi has resigned

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
So this Glen Gower Guy used to be in charge of the in-game experience (music, lighting, videos, etc) for the Senators?
And he’s complaining about the franchise?

I’d say consider the source. In-game nonsense at Sens games has been terrible. Thanks for blasting “Cotton-eyed Joe” so loud it melted my will to live Glen. Those were good times. Lol

Reactions: Neiler

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
How is this good? If he quit because of Melnyk how is that good? Did Alfie leave because of Melnyk? If people hate working for our owner in what way is that good? People get here, they’re here for a bit, and then quit.

Yeah, that’s great.

I know you want Melnyk to be blamed for anything that can be seen as negative concerning the Senators.

I know some "fans" have the ability to "read between the lines" and then claim to know the exact reason for anything and everything.

This is what Daniel Alfredsson said when he decided to part ways with the Senators.

"After two enjoyable years learning about the front office of hockey with the Senators, I'm pleased to pass along that I've made the decision to step away from the game and will take this time to evaluate what professional challenge I will pursue next.

I want to thank the Senators for the opportunity; it has enabled me to understand the type of commitments required to work in hockey should I determine that to be my future path. Our first order of business is getting established in our new home in Ottawa and returning to Gothenburg, with my family, to visit Swedish family and friends for the summer. We look forward to sharing the details of what's next for the Alfredsson family in the future.
"

Nothing since then has surfaced to suggest that your (above) assertion has any credibility.

And as of today, there is no concrete reason being given for why Tom Anselmi and the Ottawa Senators have parted ways.

We can all speculate as to why, and of course you've already seem to have decided that it's "because of Melnyk" ...... whatever you mean by that??

When Tom Anselmi was brought in to replace Cyril Leeder, some of the reasons cited were there were some improvements needed in the marketing of the team, low paid attendance number needed to be improved and his background related to the need to acquire the rights to re-develop Lebreton Flats.

Well the attendance issues are no better, and the marketing is also not any better, and to me, it appears that his vision for the teams need to improve on the ice, did not mesh with how Dorion suggested it proceed.

So until we hear something more substantial, I don't see the need to pile on the owner, who said yesterday ...

Today’s announcement reflects a renewed commitment to scouting, drafting and development, it may require changes to our lineup. Rest assured, we will only tolerate pain with an end game in mind: building an organization that wins — at all levels — year in and year out.

Eugene Melnyk​

Reactions: IWantMyParade

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So this Glen Gower Guy used to be in charge of the in-game experience (music, lighting, videos, etc) for the Senators?
And he’s complaining about the franchise?

I’d say consider the source. In-game nonsense at Sens games has been terrible. Thanks for blasting “Cotton-eyed Joe” so loud it melted my will to live Glen. Those were good times. Lol

Regardless of how you feel Gower did in his position, the topic he's addressing is focusing on the exodus of people out of the organization. He is not making an authoritative statement about the quality of his work or the work of those who followed in his position after he left, he is pointing out a trend he is noticing based on the contacts he had in his time with the organization.

I hate Cotton Eyed Joe as much as the next guy, but that seems wholly and entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Regardless of how you feel Gower did in his position, the topic he's addressing is focusing on the exodus of people out of the organization.

I hate Cotton Eyed Joe as much as the next guy, but that seems wholly and entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand.

Cotton eyed joe is ALWAYS relevant to the argument at hand. ALWAYS. If I was at dinner with Gower and he was like “ Well NAFTA needs to be rexamined” my counter argument would just be COTTON EYED JOE. YOU PLAYED IT.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Regardless of how you feel Gower did in his position, the topic he's addressing is focusing on the exodus of people out of the organization.

Not at all. I said ‘consider the source’ meaning that this guy’s insights may not be solid. He may very well have been part of the problem at the Sens. Now he’s out and perhaps others like him are headed out as well.

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
Cotton eyed joe is ALWAYS relevant to the argument at hand. ALWAYS. If I was at dinner with Gower and he was like “ Well NAFTA needs to be rexamined” my counter argument would just be COTTON EYED JOE. YOU PLAYED IT.

Agreed. It sounds like Bonk hasn't listened to the song recently.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Not at all. I said ‘consider the source’ meaning that this guy’s insights may not be solid. He may very well have been part of the problem at the Sens. Now he’s out and perhaps others like him are headed out as well.

So....Melnyk is “draining the swamp” and looking to hire only the best? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Cosmix

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

He is commenting on the QUANTITY of people leaving, not the quality.

Statements of quality are subjective, and can be debated. Questions of quantity is basic math, which is as objective a metric as we have in the universe.

If you think he is lying, then that is your opinion of his character, which I can't really argue outside of the very broad statement of suggesting that you have no real outward appearance of having the authority to make that claim.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
He ia commenting on the QUANTITY of people leaving, not the quality.

Statements of quality are subjective, and can be debated. Questions of quantity is basic math, which is as objective a metric as we have in the universe.
So the request for a reference from Gower is a quantitative measure? Which would look like???

To whom it may concern, I have know (insert name here) for many years. His dedication to playing Cotton-Eyed Joe at the loudest volume setting possible while ignoring the agony being inflicted on the fans present is nearly unparalleled.

Reactions: coladin

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So I guess the only sensible thing to conclude is that there is a legion of Cotton-Eyed Joe enthusiast employees both current and former and that the numbers of the latter are increasing.

Maybe that's been the real reason we've struggled this season: we have too many Cotton Eyed Joe-ists in the organization.

Our recent streak of good games can only mean that the purge is working.

Reactions: slamigo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think it’s fairly obvious that that must be what is happening.

Deductive reasoning would also lead us to conclude that Anselmi is also a Cotton Eyed Joe-ist. Perhaps one of great stature.

Billy Bridges

Sep 20, 2011
Maybe that's been the real reason we've struggled this season: we have too many Cotton Eyed Joe-ists in the organization.

Our recent streak of good games can only mean that the purge is working.

If you look back at our home record over the past 5 years, there is a direct correlation between wins and the appearance of the Banjo Cam during commercial breaks.

Reactions: slamigo

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I know you want Melnyk to be blamed for anything that can be seen as negative concerning the Senators.

I know some "fans" have the ability to "read between the lines" and then claim to know the exact reason for anything and everything.

This is what Daniel Alfredsson said when he decided to part ways with the Senators.

"After two enjoyable years learning about the front office of hockey with the Senators, I'm pleased to pass along that I've made the decision to step away from the game and will take this time to evaluate what professional challenge I will pursue next.

I want to thank the Senators for the opportunity; it has enabled me to understand the type of commitments required to work in hockey should I determine that to be my future path. Our first order of business is getting established in our new home in Ottawa and returning to Gothenburg, with my family, to visit Swedish family and friends for the summer. We look forward to sharing the details of what's next for the Alfredsson family in the future.
"

Nothing since then has surfaced to suggest that your (above) assertion has any credibility.

And as of today, there is no concrete reason being given for why Tom Anselmi and the Ottawa Senators have parted ways.

We can all speculate as to why, and of course you've already seem to have decided that it's "because of Melnyk" ...... whatever you mean by that??

When Tom Anselmi was brought in to replace Cyril Leeder, some of the reasons cited were there were some improvements needed in the marketing of the team, low paid attendance number needed to be improved and his background related to the need to acquire the rights to re-develop Lebreton Flats.

Well the attendance issues are no better, and the marketing is also not any better, and to me, it appears that his vision for the teams need to improve on the ice, did not mesh with how Dorion suggested it proceed.

So until we hear something more substantial, I don't see the need to pile on the owner, who said yesterday ...

Today’s announcement reflects a renewed commitment to scouting, drafting and development, it may require changes to our lineup. Rest assured, we will only tolerate pain with an end game in mind: building an organization that wins — at all levels — year in and year out.

Eugene Melnyk​

lol
If your head were buried any further in the sand you could watch the Olympics from your vantage point here.
How hard do you try to not know things?
Do you live in ottawa?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think it’s fairly obvious that that must be what is happening.

Deductive reasoning would also lead us to conclude that Anselmi is also a Cotton Eyed Joe-ist. Perhaps one of great stature.
This whole Cotton Eyed Joe angle is hilarious:laugh:

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

"

Eugene Melnyk​

What the hell are you talking about Willis? I merely asked a question. I’m one of the least anti Melnyk people around. I don’t hate him. Check my post history if you want. I hate when he opens his damn mouth, but who doesn’t?

When Alfie left we did not know why. So guess what? People speculate. Deal with it Cate Blanchette! Like it or not, we’ve heard he’s not the easiest guy to work for. That’s the rumour, not fact, but that’s been out there.

Why are you labeling me as being anti Melnyk when all I did was ask a question? A question everyone was asking when Alfie left by the way.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
When Alfie left we did not know why. So guess what? People speculate. Deal with it Cate Blanchette! Like it or not, we’ve heard he’s not the easiest guy to work for. That’s the rumour, not fact, but that’s been out there.

Did you read the quote I posted, by Alfredsson, when he left the Ottawa Senators?

I'll take Alfredsson's own words, rather than speculation and rumours about the Owner .

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think i agree with the majority here,cant see Alfie coming back into the fold with the current ownership

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Regarding the speculation on the exodus of front office staff, consider Occam's Razor: when presented with competing hypothetical answers to a problem, one should select the one that makes the fewest assumptions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad