Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
:leafs@:rangers
Saturday, December 23rd, 7pm EST

Leafs take on the Rangers Saturday night before Christmas break. :xcheers:

Rangers are 2 points behind the Leafs with 2 games in hand. Would be nice to have this one and stay ahead of Boston as they charge up the standings.

My thoughts are we won't see Matthews until after the holidays to give him a little extra healing time. Missing this game means having almost an extra week off.

Happy Holidays to all you HF Leafs fans!
Don't drink and drive.

:santa::xtree:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Gotta stop that goal-scoring machine, Grabner.

Can't ****ing believe he leads that team with 17 goals.

He did jack with us.

Babs, please save 34 for the Yotes..

member 262271

I don't think we'll see Auston yet, which is fine if he isn't 100%. Hopefully this is less of a gongshow than last time but also not too boring either.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Were hanging onto dear life now for the third atlantic spot because the wildcard spots are going to metro teams. I am taking this time to ***** about Babcock so people can't say "fans are never happy" or "fans over reacting".
Systems needs to change

Still have a 9 point lead on 4th in that Atlantic. We're safe, for now.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Not so fast...

its not a gurantee he plays, in fact with a 5 day break after you could argue either way being best for him. Playing then a 5 day rest gives him time to really see how he feels after a game, OR not playing giving him 5 extra days to get conditioning and really feel right.

I think if I had the choice of the 2 id play him and then if something comes up in the 5 days you shut him down again. If we wait he plays in Arizona then the very next night in Colorado symptoms may be there but not obvious and he risks further damage

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
****ing hell. I was really hoping he didn’t have anything concussion related.

Crap

Babcock and his stupid ****ing checking style led to this. Coincidence? May be but cause? Yes!

He ran into Morgan Rielly.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I really believe that this team is ready to start playing the best competitive hockey of the season and I think we're in for a great 2018. He're why:

1) Goal-tending is fine, above average most of the time

2) Our possession numbers have been very good over the last few games without Matty. Less turnovers and better corsi. Marner and Willy have taken steps forward in leadership and o-zone entries!!

3) Our D is has been decent, even without Z. Borgman is really starting to shine. IMO, he may be the best D zone exit D we have! Adds a great dimension when there is room. Defensively he has been solid as a rookie 5-6 d. His minutes are growing 5 on 5 with Z out. Reilly continues to grow as a 2 way leader. Jake on the other hand....

4) Marleau's value is really becoming apparent! He and Willy have looked great together! Have you noticed how they play interchangeable roles in the d zone? They have been great and its allowed Willy to take on more responsibility, carry the puck more and create scoring chances. That set up on the Jake goal was a thing of beauty!

5) the JVR Bozzy Marner line is starting to go. As a 3rd line they are the best in the league!!

6) Kadri is slumping (losing Marleau is a big factor) and our pp is snakebitten.

Given the trends, the upside for the big 6 and the role players who continue to grind, I think we have some great hockey to look forward to in 2018!!!

Merry Christmas and GLG!!!!!

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
****ing hell. I was really hoping he didn’t have anything concussion related.

Crap

Babcock and his stupid ****ing checking style led to this. Coincidence? May be but cause? Yes!

having concussion like symptoms does not mean that you have a concussion. I think the leafs were probably being extra cautious. But he ran into morgan rielly... It happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad