Pre-Game Talk: TML @ NYR Dec 23 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
yeah but that can disappear quickly. we also had a comfortable lead over 3rd in the atlantic at one point

The schedule’s been f***ed this year.

1st half; 19 against West, 13 against Metro, 9 against Atlantic.

2nd half; 11 against West, 11 against Metro, 19 against Atlantic.

That’s going to be an interesting second half.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The schedule’s been ****ed this year.

Second half will be fun. Hopefully we'll get to pound the piss out of Montreal, Ottawa, Buffalo and Florida and bank some serious points. Would be amazing if Andersen can also stay undefeated against Boston.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Yep.

Still haven't played Buffalo or Tampa yet and we're nearly at the new year.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

lol we're f***ed. tampa will kill us, we suck in buffalo, ottawa and mtl have pounded us, fla and detroit are meh and boston looks better than us. i predict we go 7-10-2 in those 19 atlantic games

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

The Leafs have more home games in the second half than away games, plus all of their major road trips out west are done. Should be an easier travel schedule and should stay relatively rested.

Better than last year with all of those back to backs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
lol we're ****ed. tampa will kill us, we suck in buffalo, ottawa and mtl have pounded us, fla and detroit are meh and boston looks better than us. i predict we go 7-10-2 in those 19 atlantic games

I think Leafs can go toe to toe against TB provided they actually play well. Leafs are second best team in the Atlantic, bar none. None of the teams behind us scare me at all. We're going to f*** up Buffalo, MTL, FLA, Ottawa and Detroit. Boston is also not a great team, despite how they have been playing lately. We're going to have 12 wins in that stretch.

Reactions: Mats13

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think Leafs can go toe to toe against TB provided they actually play well. Leafs are second best team in the Atlantic, bar none. None of the teams behind us scare me at all. We're going to **** up Buffalo, MTL, FLA, Ottawa and Detroit. Boston is also not a great team, despite how they have been playing lately.
boston is better than us . they're finally healthy and they have been playing great.

Reactions: CelticDruid

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
lol we're ****ed. tampa will kill us, we suck in buffalo, ottawa and mtl have pounded us, fla and detroit are meh and boston looks better than us. i predict we go 7-10-2 in those 19 atlantic games
Ottawa and Montreal are garbage this year and we crushed Detroit, Buffalo and Florida last season and swept the Bruins. It's not 2014 anymore.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
boston is better than us . they're finally healthy and they have been playing great.
They're playing better right now but they are playing their best hockey while we're playing our worst. They are top heavy but we have superior depth and when both teams are at their best I take the Leafs easily.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Ottawa and Montreal are garbage this year and we crushed Detroit, Buffalo and Florida last season and swept the Bruins. It's not 2014 anymore.
well ottawa has won 8/9 against us, mtl doesn't look atorcious anymore so they will beat us, we suck in buffalo and the leafs will probably blow it in toronto as well, last year was flukey against florida and boston is healthy and playing great

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They're playing better right now but they are playing their best hockey while we're playing our worst. They are top heavy but we have superior depth and when both teams are at their best I take the Leafs easily.
i definitely wouldn't. we rely on andy like crazy and give up too many shots. if andy shows signs of average play, we aren't a good team. rask is looking pretty good recently and khudobin has been amazing this year

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

5 games against buffalo in that too

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
We've played a ton of hockey with two western road trips already. Our schedule has been brutal. Hell, we still have 4 games left in December, so its going to be another couple weeks before things loosen up a bit.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
well ottawa has won 8/9 against us, mtl doesn't look atorcious anymore so they will beat us, we suck in buffalo and the leafs will probably blow it in toronto as well, last year was flukey against florida and boston is healthy and playing great

Since then Ottawa have completely imploded, Buffalo are playing like a joke, were clearly better than Florida especially with Riemer in net and we've dispatched Boston over the last year and a half and Montreal got hot and crashed back to earth again

That sorry bunch worries you?

Reactions: 1specter

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Since then Ottawa have completely imploded, Buffalo are playing like a joke, were clearly better than Florida especially with Riemer in net and we've dispatched Boston over the last year and a half and Montreal got hot and crashed back to earth again

yup. as a leafs fan you cant have nice things

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Last 6/12 games are against buffalo/habs. If they're out of the playoffs and we are fighting for position, we may be playing a few more rookies than usual along with a string of backups as those teams tank for the Dahlen sweepstakes.

Cotton

May 13, 2013

Problem is that playing Buffalo or a struggling Ottawa ect (which should be easy points) isn’t. Teams get up to play us, none more than divisional rivals.

I think we’ll be fine against Florida, Detroit and possibly Boston. Buffalo, Montreal and Ottawa, no idea.

Tampa will kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad