Pre-Game Talk: TML @ NYR Dec 23 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think Leafs can go toe to toe against TB provided they actually play well. Leafs are second best team in the Atlantic, bar none. None of the teams behind us scare me at all. We're going to **** up Buffalo, MTL, FLA, Ottawa and Detroit. Boston is also not a great team, despite how they have been playing lately. We're going to have 12 wins in that stretch.

If this team plays more like they have last couple games, then yes they are the 2nd best team in the Atlantic. We should win most of those 19 games. Also Lighting should regress too. They arent winning 60 games.
The top 3 teams are Lightning, Leafs, Bruins. Everyone else is not very good.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Problem is that playing Buffalo or a struggling Ottawa ect (which should be easy points) isn’t. Teams get up to play us, none more than divisional rivals.

I think we’ll be fine against Florida, Detroit and possibly Boston. Buffalo, Montreal and Ottawa, no idea.

Tampa will kill us.

If we play to our potential towards the back part of the season like last year were better than everyone other than Boston who were pretty even with and worse than Tampa

The Division is awful, something catastrophic would have to happen not to get to the playoffs in this wasteland

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
yeah but that can disappear quickly. we also had a comfortable lead over 3rd in the atlantic at one point

Boston is 7-2-1 in the last 10. Sounds like a hot streak to me, combined with out cold streak.
I don't see any other teams, getting consistent. Stranger things have happened.

The Rangers are just about equal to us in terms of record and teams.

Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
well ottawa has won 8/9 against us, mtl doesn't look atorcious anymore so they will beat us, we suck in buffalo and the leafs will probably blow it in toronto as well, last year was flukey against florida and boston is healthy and playing great
Damn it must suck to live life with so much fear and skepticism

Reactions: Elephanto

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
well ottawa has won 8/9 against us, mtl doesn't look atorcious anymore so they will beat us, we suck in buffalo and the leafs will probably blow it in toronto as well, last year was flukey against florida and boston is healthy and playing great
Lol I see.
When we win against them, its flukey.
When we lose its because we are terrible.
We were playing great and beat Boston 2 times as well swept them last season.
Stop being a negative nancy.

We play well against Montreal, can beat Ottawa, and in Toronto we will probably win. Leafs won in Buffalo twice last season. Oh wait is that also a fluke? Montreal is still a bad team so we likely win there.
Florida wasnt flukey either. We are way better then them. Boston is on a hot streak and will cool off.
The Leafs are a good team. You act as if we are a bad team. News flash, we arent a bad and can beat any of those teams, and no it wont be flukey.
Unless you love being negative?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
If this team plays more like they have last couple games, then yes they are the 2nd best team in the Atlantic. We should win most of those 19 games. Also Lighting should regress too. They arent winning 60 games.
The top 3 teams are Lightning, Leafs, Bruins. Everyone else is not very good.

What about the Lightning screams regression? Deadly offense, good defense, great goaltending. Presidents Trophy and Cup contenders. Sure 120pts is a high water mark but hey, they’re good.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We bout to blow up on these faces y'all! If the Matthews is back, we might win bigz time this time man! We got that twerk and imagine how great polak, kadri, komarov and y'all is going to play out tonight!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What about the Lightning screams regression? Deadly offense, good defense, great goaltending. Presidents Trophy and Cup contenders. Sure 120pts is a high water mark but hey, they’re good.

Oh they are a great team. Im not saying they arent. However 60 wins seems a bit high. They will probably settle somewhere in the 53-56 mark IMO.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hey guys! Rangers fan trolling a bit (in a nice way). How r u all doing? Excited for tonight's game I imagine? I know I am. Getting a win before Christmas break is usually a big 2 pts. Everyone looking forward to Christmas and the days off. I guess it's just a matter of which team wants it more, then again there is that puck luck thing.

I've read all thoughts here, and I hope for Matthews sake that he takes the extra days off. Would prefer to watch him play though.
This is 2 years running now for Grabs with us, and all his lighting of the lamp. Doesn't get many assists though. Great on PK, has 6 empty netters,(which I believe are very underrated as we have lost many games in the past by NOT getting that en.) Doesn't get PP time either, so it adds up to quite the addition who fits our system to a tee! He and Kreider actually define our system.
Remember their last game? That crazy 8-5 game where there were 5 PPG's scored and where we came back from 1-5 to tie, only to lose? Yeah, I was super excited but then let down. Things have changed since then, and now have settled down to playing like we usually do. Zbad's 3rd game back, so expecting him to getting at least one, my man Zuccha will do his thing and maybe Grabs gets another vs his old team.
Anyway, have fun tonight

Reactions: The Kessel Run

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
It feels like Willy has worked out some of the kinks in his game and is primed to explode with Auston again.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Hey guys! Rangers fan trolling a bit (in a nice way). How r u all doing? Excited for tonight's game I imagine? I know I am. Getting a win before Christmas break is usually a big 2 pts. Everyone looking forward to Christmas and the days off. I guess it's just a matter of which team wants it more, then again there is that puck luck thing.

I've read all thoughts here, and I hope for Matthews sake that he takes the extra days off. Would prefer to watch him play though.
This is 2 years running now for Grabs with us, and all his lighting of the lamp. Doesn't get many assists though. Great on PK, has 6 empty netters,(which I believe are very underrated as we have lost many games in the past by NOT getting that en.) Doesn't get PP time either, so it adds up to quite the addition who fits our system to a tee! He and Kreider actually define our system.
Remember their last game? That crazy 8-5 game where there were 5 PPG's scored and where we came back from 1-5 to tie, only to lose? Yeah, I was super excited but then let down. Things have changed since then, and now have settled down to playing like we usually do. Zbad's 3rd game back, so expecting him to getting at least one, my man Zuccha will do his thing and maybe Grabs gets another vs his old team.
Anyway, have fun tonight

Happy Holidays and enjoy the L tonight!

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
For the people arguing about our chances of competing with divisional teams, I think we can beat any team in a season series excep the lightning. We might win a game against the lighting if we start playing up to our abilities but if we play similar to how we were playing for the past month we will get destroyed. They have the best player in the nhl, there offensive depth is superior to ours and there high end guys are better than ours. The only way we can beat them is if we are playing at our best with Andersen giving stud goaltending. I think the bolts, the predators, the blues, and the three California teams are teams who would beat us easily in playoff series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad