Proposal: TML & NJD

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
TML
Dermott

NJD
Zacha

I know most will say TML add, a buddy and I already discussed this so my question is what will it take. Ideally maybe adding AJ to the deal to avoid another pick.

Reasoning

TML
Zacha would be the perfect 3C for us. Has some size and grit and perfect age for this group. Means we can also trade Kerfoot.

NJD
They have Hischier, Hughes, Zajac and McLeod as C. They are really thin on LHD and adding a LW would also address an area of concern.

Thoughts?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Values are close, but Leafs need D more than a 3C.

Leafs pass.

We need a first pairing RHD not a left handed D playing his off side. We also need a 3C because Kerfoot is not what we need there, we also save a million in cap space which we desperately need.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
TML
Dermott

NJD
Zacha

I know most will say TML add, a buddy and I already discussed this so my question is what will it take. Ideally maybe adding AJ to the deal to avoid another pick.

Reasoning

TML
Zacha would be the perfect 3C for us. Has some size and grit and perfect age for this group. Means we can also trade Kerfoot.

NJD
They have Hischier, Hughes, Zajac and McLeod as C. They are really thin on LHD and adding a LW would also address an area of concern.

Thoughts?

If Zacha would be the perfect age for your group that would mean Timmy Lilly would be the perfect age for Hughes and Hischier

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I'd personally do it, maybe even add a little from a Leafs perspective.

I might like Zacha more than most though

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If there would be a small add it would be TML but its not an unfair trade which is 90% of battle of these boards. You can make case under 25 D-man value will be inflated and trade is equal.

TML if adding a 3c needs a shutdown 3c as they have plenty of O from first 2 c's. Zacha up and down play I wouldn't exactly see as shutdown center. Talent wise I get but team fit wise seems off.

Dermott is serviceable d. From pure needs point of view Devils need D more than C but Zacha has higher ceiling.

Not bad offer at all.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
We need a first pairing RHD not a left handed D playing his off side. We also need a 3C because Kerfoot is not what we need there, we also save a million in cap space which we desperately need.

Kefoot is garbage, but the Leafs are still weak on D. I agree about Zacha, but moving any of the young DMen might not be the right approach.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Value is fine, but why are we trading a good young D for yet another bottom 6 forward? Should be doing the opposite.

Reactions: bukwas

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
TML
Dermott

NJD
Zacha

Reasoning

TML

NJD

Thoughts?
No reason ... first priority is defence.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Would be good for the Leafs. Would allow them to drop Kerfoot and free up Cap Space.

Engvall - Zacha - Kapanen
Barbanov - Spezza - GOAT

Seems a little risky for New Jersey imo. Leafs probably toss in Bracco. He's not worth more than a 4th anymore but there's a chance he could be a decent AHler.

Zacha was drafted to hopefully become a Kesler type player right? How has his defensive game come along?

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I cant see the Leafs using an asset like Dermott to get a depth piece.

Especially before they see whats availing in free agency. Spezza likely is resigned, and they also have Kerfoot who can fill in during an injury

Edit: thing is too, if Dermott does tske thr next step this season and is a steady too four guy his trade value jumps a fair bit

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I cant see the Leafs using an asset like Dermott to get a depth piece.

Especially before they see whats availing in free agency. Spezza likely is resigned, and they also have Kerfoot who can fill in during an injury

Edit: thing is too, if Dermott does tske thr next step this season and is a steady too four guy his trade value jumps a fair bit

Zacha also had a decent end to his season. He is young and has size. He has also played on some brutal teams. I think he will flourish especially with the wingers he would be playing with.

I have said this many times if we view Sandin as the stronger prospect we don’t have space on our left side. If we trade Kerfoot we have 4-5 million to finally get our first pairing RHD to play with Reilly.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'd rather move rielly for one of the devils first round picks + additional assets, then use the new found cap space to sign alex pietrangelo

Reactions: Smitty426

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad