Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
He hid behind everyone.

The kid is a turtle.

The kid is the exact opposite of a turtle, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Also he's not dirty. Everything that he has done to players that has got him in trouble have been annoying little pest things. It's not like he's head hunting or going for knees. The Doughty elbow was the worst thing he's done and even that was hardly crazy. Plays like that happen in beer league when things get heated.

Best Tkachuk moment I heard? During a Flames charity event the host asked Tkachuk why Doughty and him have such a rivalry. His answer?

"Well I elbowed him in the face"

lol. classic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mitts

North

Jun 25, 2009
The kid is the exact opposite of a turtle, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Nope. He lets his teammates fight his battles for him while he hides behind them taking cheap shots.

He's a joke.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Also he's not dirty. Everything that he has done to players that has got him in trouble have been annoying little pest things. It's not like he's head hunting or going for knees.

7icsJ4a.gif

North

Jun 25, 2009

Also he's not dirty. Everything that he has done to players that has got him in trouble have been annoying little pest things. It's not like he's head hunting or going for knees.

Best Tkachuk moment I heard? During a Flames charity event the host asked Tkachuk why Doughty and him have such a rivalry. His answer?

"Well I elbowed him in the face"

lol. classic.

He's been suspended but he's not dirty.

He slew foots but he's not dirty.

He hits players not eligible to be hit by him (they or he is on the bench) but he's not dirty.

He'd be great if he stopped with the garbage.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary

He hits players not eligible to be hit by him (they or he is on the bench) but he's not dirty.

Correct. Annoying, a prick, an asshole? Sure. 100%.

But he's our asshole.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Yeh, but he's not dirty, so...

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hahaha I love it.

He deserves a suspension, even though that was super tame. Can't be doing that from the bench.

I think he forgot he's in the NHL and there are cameras everywhere.
I agree with this.

Skilled agitators are gold. Every team wants one. Tkachuk needs to reign it in a wee bit. NHL cant let cheap shots from the bench go unpunished (even minor ones).

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Love Chucky, but this is what you have to live with. I’ll take it, the guy has a positive game impact whenever he’s on the ice.

Now has drawn more penalties than McDavid over the past two seasons.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Should be 5 games or more. Needless shit like that needs to stop and the only way it will is through real suspensions, none of this 1 or 2 game crap.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
He brushed his cheek. Stop the presses.
one might say hitting a guy principally in the head would be the very definition of "head hunting" but you're living in f***in la-la land over there..

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Love Chucky, but this is what you have to live with. I’ll take it, the guy has a positive game impact whenever he’s on the ice.

Now has drawn more penalties than McDavid over the past two seasons.

I think that is something that will likely dry up over the next few seasons. Leafs saw the same thing with Kadri (who once drew the most penalties in the league). Once the refs decide to turn on him, he will never get calls. Players will be able to manhandle him and the refs will look the other way, or call a retaliatory penalty against him.

Tkachuk doesn't embellish like Kadri used to, but there is only so many times you can "accidently" tackle a goalie before the he gets a reputation.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He's not dirty, the rest of the league is just really, really clean.

(I trade Nylander for him though)

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sorry to pick on your post but I refuse to read the rest of the thread as I'm sure there's a lot of banter back and forth. But when are we going to stop using the word minor when addressing the actions of a repeat offender such as Tkachuk.

Tkachuk's "spearing" are freakin' taps. Should he be doing them? No, but it's not like he slashing someone in the head like Gudas. He's pushing the boundaries. He knows when to contain himself. And that's why teams get pissed off at him.

So yes, pardon me for using the word "minor" the correct way.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I watched the Martin interview earlier, and was surprised to see he didn't feel it. It still doesn't excuse does Tkachuk's behavior, from a moral or safety standpoint.

The bottom line is, Tkachuk is a dirty player, plain and simple. He slew foots, he spears, he elbows. He's a rat, and I'm not giving the benefit of the doubt to a player of his disposition.

The fact Martin didn't feel it doesn't excuse the act. But it does provide evidence that it wasn't a powerful spear. If it wasn't very hard, then there isn't anything terrible here. I keep watching the video. It was a whimpy little poke.

I'm not even saying Tkachuk is or isn't a dirty player.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad