Tkachuk-Matthews-Laine vs Boeser-McDavid-Marner

Which trio is better?

• Total voters

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
The Boeser - McDavid - Marner line would be amazing to watch but I just think the Tkachuck - Matthews - Laine line would dominate. Tkachuck doing the dirty work for two proven 40 goal scorers and the overall size/speed of the line combination is crazy.

I really wish Tkachuck was playing LW in Edmonton with # 97.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
What Boeser did at Tkachuk's age is absolutely irrelevant to what the question asks.

You are disagreeing and arguing two different points...

Disagree he has incredible vision below the dots. He is always around the puck but is a poor skater. Direct tell he has elite hockey sense.

I am not saying his grit isn't important they all contribute to the player he is. However without the hockey sense and high high hockey IQ he is just a pest or a 4th line goon. Without the grit he is likely still a top 6 player.

???

When I say that Boeser's IQ/hockey sense is higher, it doesnt' imply that I don't think Tkachuk has hockey sense. It's just that one is above the next. People assume Boeser is generally just a goal scorer, but there's much more to this game than that.

Tkachuk without the hockey sense and IQ would just simply be a more slower but peskier version of Virtanen.

Tkachuk without the grit may pass off as a second line player, but he would be very less effective.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Are you serious? The 3M line is consistently out there against other team's top lines. They're our shutdown line, and Tkachuk put up nearly 50 points on it.

Yes, I'm serious, because there's a difference between facing team's top lines, and facing team's top defenders. Even if that's a case, Tkachuk plays with a selke calibre shut down F, and another good defensive forward.

I find it unlikely that Gaudreau's line faces off against second pairing D.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know "intangibles" has become more of a meme and a joke word on HF because of its connection to Toews, but I think people are underestimating what a guy like Tkachuk brings that doesn't necessarily show up on the score sheet.

As a Pens fan, I've seen just how important a guy like Patric Hornqvist has been to the Pens' two Cups. His numbers aren't as flashy as the "big boys", but he's been described as one of the heart and souls of that team, and has been a huge part of both their Cup wins.

I think Tkachuk is a more skilled version of what Hornqvist brings.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I know "intangibles" has become more of a meme and a joke word on HF because of its connection to Toews, but I think people are underestimating what a guy like Tkachuk brings that doesn't necessarily show up on the score sheet.

As a Pens fan, I've seen just how important a guy like Patric Hornqvist has been to the Pens' two Cups. His numbers aren't as flashy as the "big boys", but he's been described as one of the heart and souls of that team, and has been a huge part of both their Cup wins.

I think Tkachuk is a more skilled version of what Hornqvist brings.
Okay and as a Pens fan would you not take an elite goal scorer like Kessel over Hornqvist without batting an eye?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad