Tinordi and Fournier to the Coyotes for John Scott and Victor Bartley Part II

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think everybody knew. Habs, Coyotes, and NHL. They just made a deal that benefitted everyone, and waited 2 months to suspend Tinordi expecting no one will care.

NHL gets their all-star game without Scott and avoid embarrasment.
Coyotes get a project in Tinordi and get to play Doan in the all-star game.
Habs get Bartley for the AHL or as a 7 D and avoid bad press (a suspended Tinordi would've never played afterwards for the Habs, see Kassian).

The backlash regarding Scott at the ASG changed everyone's plans, though.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Complete Hockey News
· 26 mins ·

The Arizona Coyotes will not be eligible to further compensation from the Jarred Tinordi deal as the NHL requested that the Coyotes wait until after the All Star break to make the trade.

The Coyotes were not informed of the failed drug test because the NHL keeps the testing process a private matter.

void

Jan 5, 2006

So it happened while he was still with the Habs and Arizona didn't know anything about it when they acquired him. This could be really bad for Bergevin, no?

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Complete Hockey News
· 26 mins ·

The Arizona Coyotes will not be eligible to further compensation from the Jarred Tinordi deal as the NHL requested that the Coyotes wait until after the All Star break to make the trade.

The Coyotes were not informed of the failed drug test because the NHL keeps the testing process a private matter.

A "private matter"....until a time they deem appropriate? Like wtf is going on here? This whole trade has stunk since it was announced.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
20 games for this or...

is this 20 games after the player was already caught in the past ? ex. Kassian

Alex514

May 10, 2015
20 games for this or...

is this 20 games after the player was already caught in the past ? ex. Kassian

A first offence is not published by the NHL/NHLPA.

He is most likely a repeat offender who already was referred to the substance abuse program.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
A first offence is not published by the NHL/NHLPA.

He is most likely a repeat offender who already was referred to the substance abuse program.
I think substance abuse and PED protocols are different.

Who knows what it is - could be cocaine, could be HGH, could be weed, could be dpol...

I'm saddened this happened to him, who everybody claims was a great teammate, and also I don't want our awful GM to get any credit for this trade.

If he didn't know the results - he made a bad trade. If he did know the results - he made a bad trade, and deceived a fellow GM. People are now giving him the benefit of the doubt for his cryptic, but nonetheless nonsensical statements the day of the trade.

It doesn't change reality: the organization ensured his trade value was lower than the waiver-wire before they traded him.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Complete Hockey News
· 26 mins ·

So why was he allowed to play up till now, if it was a test from his days in Montreal? If you fail prior to a trade, you would be halted from playing the day you set foot on the ice as per the rules..

Either he failed a recent test, or something is very fishy about this entire story. Either way , Bergevin and Montreal look like even bigger ******** than ever. Trying to rid John Scott of his All-Star game by taking him in a trade, and trading away 2 players with substance abuse issues.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Well it was Bergevin/bargain Bin/50 shades of grey beard that said I cannot tell you why I made this trade.

Right, but that could be a number of things. Maybe he was found doing something he shouldn't have. Maybe he pissed off some teammates. Maybe something else, I don't know. Best conspiracy I can think of is that Tinordi knew he was gonna fail the test, Bergevin decided to give up on him as a result, traded him to Arizona because he was a "problem" and received another non-factor problem in John Scott in return.

And Tippett says he didn't know about it in advance much like Tinordi says he didn't knowingly take PEDs. Both are the answers you gotta make because the former would make his franchise look stupid and the latter would sully whatever minor rep he actually has.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said in a statement. “The Arizona Coyotes organization fully supports the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program. We will also continue to support Jarred throughout this process. "

Shame Bergevin and Therrien couldn't show more character and support when Kassian entered his substance abuse program trying to get sober.

Kassian will be out of hockey in 2 years. You REALLY think he's going to stay clean? Really? Guys like that NEED to get out of hockey to clean up their act, not STAY in hockey. Pro sports is the worst place to fix an addiction: money, time, women, bars, hotels with bars (they don't stay at Comfort Inns), etc.

Really, I don't care for the guy. He's a pro, he's making good pay. Why cry for him? Not even interested.

As for Jarred, every probably knew and this was a trade to save face on both sides. A business deal.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kassian will be out of hockey in 2 years. You REALLY think he's going to stay clean? Really? Guys like that NEED to get out of hockey to clean up their act, not STAY in hockey. Pro sports is the worst place to fix an addiction: money, time, women, bars, hotels with bars (they don't stay at Comfort Inns), etc.

Really, I don't care for the guy. He's a pro, he's making good pay. Why cry for him? Not even interested.

I know the bleeding hearts will chime in and say that he's still a human being and deserves consideration. I dunno, when you're given everything and a slew of second chances, you pretty much deserve what's coming. Even if you're getting there in luxury and with babes driving your free truck.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
its like you were all waiting for a reason to hate on him
you are fooling yourself if you think hes the only hockey player to take stuff

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
And good on Edmonton. Watching him live last night made me sad at what could have been. Ah well, at least I get to watch him live here, and see that he's doing well.

Maybe 4 times a charm for Kassian, really wish him the best.....except against Montreal of course :)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Complete Hockey News
· 26 mins ·

so that makes sense, the Habs couldn't inform due to the NHL policy. Still doesn't make sense though why it took so long to suspend him though.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
so that makes sense, the Habs couldn't inform due to the NHL policy. Still doesn't make sense though why it took so long to suspend him though.

Tinordi apparently appealed the results.
I don't know how such a thing can be done, but that's apparently what he did, and he could play in the interim.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
new plot-line for the John Scott movie

he knew....

O2tlyxP.gif

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I hope Tinordi straightens himself out but I have no regrets that he's no longer a Montréal Canadien.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Clear swap of problems. Bergevin and Maloney knew what was going on for sure.

Only reason media making a fuss about the trade is because he was a former first round pick and ppl were looking to bash Bergevin for wtv reason.

Heck if you think Bergevin gave up anything in Tinordi of value than man he must of got amazing value in getting first rounder's Matteau and Danault.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
bergevin and current habs management are fast becoming a joke
they carry no respect and are the least bit transparent and are now in their ivory tower when in comes to their fan base
montreal fast becoming a garbage organization

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad