Tinordi and Fournier to the Coyotes for John Scott and Victor Bartley Part II

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
As a Jets fan I have to ask why?

Pick up two guys on 1 way contracts and trade away two guys on 2 way contracts. How does this make sense.

If they wanted to make room, why not just waive Tinordi?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Pick up two guys on 1 way contracts and trade away two guys on 2 way contracts. How does this make sense.

No one knows.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
As I said in other thread. Tinordi sucks, no problem. He had no value. I'm just kind of weirded out about the situation. The trade is minor, means nothing but we kind of killed Tinordi's value.

Took him 30+ games to play his first NHL game this year. Mind boggling that he waited that long.

Sure, even if he sucks you have to showcase him or something.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria

You're asking questions bergevin can't even answer

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

Both players coming in have already cleared waivors and can report directly to the AHL. Habs probably knew that Tinordi would get claimed if waived, and needed to replace Barbario's (sp? not looking it up) minutes in St. John's somehow.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Shocking that a purely minor league transactional trade, gets this much hype here.

This place is nearly unbearable right now...yet I can't look away lol

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
This trade doesn't bother me that much. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. What bothers me is the rest of MB's work, or lack thereof.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I don't even know what to say anymore. I really don't. My interest in hockey is at an all-time low... and I watched the games during the dark ages.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Therrien and that clown who calls himself a coach in the AHL are just destroying our future.

Tinordi's development was handled badly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Confirms what a lot of us knew already about Tinordi's value being near zero.

Was Scott the price needed in order to add Elliott? And adding Elliott to secure what exactly?

All these gymnastics to not give away Tinordi outright?

Where is all of this going?

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
As I said in other thread. Tinordi sucks, no problem. He had no value. I'm just kind of weirded out about the situation. The trade is minor, means nothing but we kind of killed Tinordi's value.

Took him 30+ games to play his first NHL game this year. Mind boggling that he waited that long.

Sure, even if he sucks you have to showcase him or something.

Basically. The trade was overly complicated and ultimately meaningless. And it was meaningless because Tinordi's trade value evaporated when he wasn't even given a chance to try to establish himself.

If this trade took 'weeks' to make, it also suggests that the 3 or so games Tinordi played around 3 weeks ago was likely a chance to 'showcase' him.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Maybe they actually wanted those guys for the AHL? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Shocking that a purely minor league transactional trade, gets this much hype here.

This place is nearly unbearable right now...yet I can't look away lol

My feelings as well. This trade was bound to happen eventually. Sucks we got no picks or future value, only marginal talent but it's minor.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
wow this is how or leader acts under pressure to win?

Is this trade gonna help us? i doubt it..what a waste of tinordi...cause the baffoon of a coach we have cant coach him we lose him for nada...

The players arent the problem...the coach is...now we trade away our only big powerfull good skating defenceman cause our coach is a baffoon..

Sat him all season for what? the record that we have? should have given Tinordi a start every 4 or 5 games at the least..rotate some guys in and out...

I have never ever seen this kind of behaviour before from management...Oh tinordi was drafted by a previous GM so burn him to the stake....He was still our head scouts pick...

I have watched my last habs game till the baffoon is fired.....

good luck MB..your gonna be out of a job cause of your love affair with MT.

so who is next on the 5 yr GM plan?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Habs get:

- A fluid 23rd roster spot they can use.
- Stefan Fournier's waste of a contract sent away.
- 850k cap space.
- Needed AHL help on defense
- The AHL still has some fights. Scott will make it so McCarron doesn't have to fight when Crisp is not around. Plus honnestly I can see how some people in St-John's might just go to the game to watch Scott fight some other AHL enforcer. Whole minor leagues are built around this stuff.

Arizona gets:

- An attempt at developping Jarred Tinordi. They get a dice roll, basically. If it falls on even they win, if it falls on odd, well....

The NHL gets:
- OEL in the All-Star Game, probably
- Scott NOT at the ASG, probably

Plekaturtlenec

Jan 11, 2014
Toronto
This trade doesn't bother me that much. It's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. What bothers me is the rest of MB's work, or lack thereof.

But WHY oh WHY of all people do you pickup someone with SO much attention on him now with the whole All Star thing?? Just amplifies how bad this all is :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad