Injury Report: Timo Meier out a month with Mono

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hopefully he can get back into game shape really quick. This sucks, because he was more or less a shoo-in for a spot imo. I guess Goldobin is going to get a really good look, which I can't complain about. I'm also glad he's old enough to play in the AHL now so it's not as though we can't call him up.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Personally I think everyone should do some time in the ahl just to get their feet under them.

We saw rantanen spend quite a bit of time there.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I don't think I've ever heard of Mono being an illness. I guess it means one of something but missing four weeks sounds serious.

According to the internet, it sounds more like a pain in the ass rather than a particularly urgent medical condition. But yea, seems serious.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I've had mono. It was terrible. You are super weak, can barely swallow due to swelling and a sore throat. I was out for two weeks.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
i've had it too. in high school. the kissing disease lol It just sucks out your immune system. Mine lasted 3 months... You can continuously get sick if it doesnt leave your system completely. And this could take 6 months or more...

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
It takes a while for your spleen to recover (webMD). From another post...

My spleen was so swollen, they thought i had hepatitis C. It took 3 weeks to finally determine all i had was mono...

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Had mono in 4th grade. Missed a month of school and 3 weeks of football practice. Spent the whole time on the couch.

knu

Feb 28, 2012
Fremont CA
Mono is rough. It cripples your energy and basically forces you to sleep 20 hours aday. That was my experience. Hes guna lose muscle mass, from the inability to function.

Poor guy.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I had mono the summer before 3rd grade (had pneumonia at the same time at the start of it). I can echo what everyone else has said: mono is a complete pain in the ass. You have ZERO energy, just getting up to go to the bathroom makes you want to lie down and pass out. Mine lasted 4-6 weeks, I can't remember the exact amount. I spent the entire time in bed, which is pretty drastic for an 8 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad