OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
So, since 12/14/2017, Meier ranks:

4th in even strength goals with 24
12th in goals with 29
39th in even strength points with 39
78th in points with 47
2nd in penalties drawn with 29

He is turning into a star before our eyes. Given the fact that the all-star game is in San Jose, I am expecting him to make it.

I mean...only the goal reasons put him into "star" category.

Just a reminder that Meier will come down to Earth. Given his playstyle, I imagine he will have a great peak and prime with a relatively short career.

should be 12, no thanks to that BS offsides review :sarcasm:

Considering the OT goal in that very game, he would still be at 11.

Reactions: Shark Finn

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean...only the goal reasons put him into "star" category.

Just a reminder that Meier will come down to Earth. Given his playstyle, I imagine he will have a great peak and prime with a relatively short career.

Considering the OT goal in that very game, he would still be at 11.

The only reason that does not put him into the star category is overall points. His even strength point production is the best on a bonafide playoff team. Given that, and the goals, along with the fact that he did the majority of this at age 21, objectively makes him a “blossoming star”. Factors like his possession game, defensive ability, and penalties drawn only enforce this.

Yes, he will come down to earth, but his underlying numbers are up there with the best aggregate shot generators and high danger shot generators in the NHL. He has already proven that he can actually score on a high percentage of his shots. He probably finishes the season with 30-35 goals and 20-25 assists.

I don’t know if I agree on the falling off quick. Meier has never fought in the NHL and he’s never been injured either. Guys his style who have their career cut short due to injuries, such as Ryane Clowe and Milan Lucic, are generally fighters who are plagued by injuries.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I just want to see him crash McDavid at least once. The entire EDM series I was waiting for it. Just one solid hit on McDavid.

Not McDavid's greatest fan because of his poor defensive game and pathetic faceoff numbers. However, McDavid is fast and pretty smart on the puck. He also doesn't like to hold on to it too long. One of the most difficult guys if not the most difficult guy to hit in this league. Pretty slippery.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Not McDavid's greatest fan because of his poor defensive game and pathetic faceoff numbers. However, McDavid is fast and pretty smart on the puck. He also doesn't like to hold on to it too long. One of the most difficult guys if not the most difficult guy to hit in this league. Pretty slippery.

Just gotta do what the caps did with crosby in his prime. Just say who cares to the rules and hit him any way you can lol.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not saying he is as good or anything but part of the way Meier carries the puck with speed and aggression reminds me of a young Ovi

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just gotta do what the caps did with crosby in his prime. Just say who cares to the rules and hit him any way you can lol.

Could get expensive. Wouldn't be smart to get Meier to do anything like that. Melker would be a better option.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
"It's nice to be back with you guys"

SpryHorribleFruitfly-max-1mb.gif

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Since almost a month now, their is no Timo Time anymore ... !! No Timo Time in Annaheim, no Timo Time in Overtime ... no goals !! since december 13th.

Honestly i saw no game since this period. (for me it is 4 to 6 am !!) ..

What has happened ?! did he lose his mojo ? becoming cautious ? over generous and passing instead of shooting ? Making his coming out as a goal scorer (meaning that he has some stuff to settle in the brain to cary the title of goal scorer or to be effective in scoring goals)

tks

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Since almost a month now, their is no Timo Time anymore ... !! No Timo Time in Annaheim, no Timo Time in Overtime ... no goals !! since december 13th.

Honestly i saw no game since this period. (for me it is 4 to 6 am !!) ..

What has happened ?! did he lose his mojo ? becoming cautious ? over generous and passing instead of shooting ? Making his coming out as a goal scorer (meaning that he has some stuff to settle in the brain to cary the title of goal scorer or to be effective in scoring goals)

tks

Doug Wilson hides under the goal posts and moves them when he sees Timo about to shoot. He's getting his contract savings.

Honestly he has still looked great, made some really elite level passes the other night that lead to goals, just the goals aren't going in.

Like the goal V Tampa that Radil scored. Timo shot it past the goalie, it bounced off the post and right onto Radils stick for an empty net goal essentially.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Since Hertl has been moved off his line, he hasn’t been getting as much quality zone time and looks. And he is getting impatient. The last two games, especially last night, there were a few occasions were he opted for a selfish play trying to force a goal instead of dishing it (which might have led to an apple or two or a goal of a rebound). Not a great sign, but I guess it’s normal for a young player mired in a slump.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
He's still playing well, just a little snake bit right now. He's still 3rd among forwards in scoring so it's not like he's back to rookie Timo or anything.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not sure if he's injured, sick or just physically or mentally tired but he looked off recently...just like Hertl pretty much all season long. They're still playing well...just don't think they're quite 100%. They just don't play with the same intensity and they aren't as physical as they used to when they completely dominated 5vs5 play. Meier has been terribly unlucky, too...just like when he started playing in the NHL. Since he had tons of luck earlier this season I'm sure that's gonna come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad