Player Discussion Tim Stützle - L̶W̶/C - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Do Tkachuk, Batherson and Formenton not still need a lot of work defensively, too?
Not as much IMO, but what they could & should work on is line changes & when to do them & when not to do them. Bad line changes have cost this team a few goals so far this yr including GWGs. Formenton is pretty good defensively, but needs to finish more offensively & the top line seems to dominate more often than not & they spend more time in the offensive zone.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Would sending Timmy to Belleville for a 2-3 game "confidence stint" be worse for his confidence or better? Not because he is not NHL ready, he defintely belongs, but the whole zero goals situation has to be weighing on him by now. A couple of games or so in the AHL where he scores a few and dominates a bit might give him that confidence boost to come back to Ottawa and be a little more comfortable with his game.

I would hate to be ruining the kids development by putting him in a bad situation if he is not ready to deal with the adversity.

Reactions: gab6511

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Would sending Timmy to Belleville for a 2-3 game "confidence stint" be worse for his confidence or better? Not because he is not NHL ready, he defintely belongs, but the whole zero goals situation has to be weighing on him by now. A couple of games or so in the AHL where he scores a few and dominates a bit might give him that confidence boost to come back to Ottawa and be a little more comfortable with his game.

I would hate to be ruining the kids development by putting him in a bad situation if he is not ready to deal with the adversity.

Isn't the Belleville team basically an ECHL squad right now (or soon to be) with all the callups? Not sure playing Stü with AHL/ECHL scrubs is going to be much better than playing him with Paul/Tierney. The whole org is a mess right now, I jusg hope the coaches are giving him the support he likely needs.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
His play is getting worse and worse every game. It's not horrible by any means but he isn't showing flashing of anything right now. He was mostly invisible in the Boston game. I'd send him down for a confidence stint...

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Had four shots last game. Seems the message to shoot is starting to get through. His line got caved in less than other last game as well, he’s starting to collect more positive defensive plays.

He’s finally got a skilled winger at RW. It’s not time to send him down. Much better to give him a vote of confidence and be patient.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

The high energy game he plays would make him a massive target in the AHL. One dipsy doodle and someone will decapitate the kid.

Normally I'd welcome sending a struggling player to the AHL...but not in this case. It's too risky. Maybe in another decade when all the goons are out of the game in at the minor league level. Not now.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Doesn't it seem a bit odd to expect a less experienced player to carry Stutzle? I do agree that Pinto will help, but I think thats because he's potentially already the better player between the two as of now.

The focus isn’t on a “less skilled” player it’s about him playing with a player with some skill.

Poor kid has been stapled to passing black holes most of his career here beyond the PP.

White is a horrific distributor, Tierney is bla, and Brown is an erratic, unpredictable puck hog. There are an incredible difficult group to generate creative offence with.

Reactions: robsenz

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The focus isn’t on a “less skilled” player it’s about him playing with a player with some skill.

Poor kid has been stapled to passing black holes most of his career here beyond the PP.

White is a horrific distributor, Tierney is bla, and Brown is an erratic, unpredictable puck hog. There are an incredible difficult group to generate creative offence with.
Give him Norris when Pinto is healthy....A shooting center like him may unlock both players...And Pinto,s all around game ,including nice board work could work nicely with our two big wingers

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Had four shots last game. Seems the message to shoot is starting to get through. His line got caved in less than other last game as well, he’s starting to collect more positive defensive plays.

He’s finally got a skilled winger at RW. It’s not time to send him down. Much better to give him a vote of confidence and be patient.
He had to shoot more on the PP against Boston. The Bruins were cheating towards Norris to take away his shot so Stuetzle had more room.

Reactions: topshelf15

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Hossa only had 1 goal on his first 11 NHL games in his first full season.

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Doesn't it seem a bit odd to expect a less experienced player to carry Stutzle? I do agree that Pinto will help, but I think thats because he's potentially already the better player between the two as of now.
A third overall pick that can only produce if cherry picked certain linemates. Interesting timeline...

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Its not about being carried, it’s about being sheltered from black holes that suck in and kill offensive chances.

He had to shoot more on the PP against Boston. The Bruins were cheating towards Norris to take away his shot so Stuetzle had more room.

Yes and he tied his season high in shots. The three last games have been among his top 4 games in shots. He seems to be getting that he needs to shoot more.

It’s tempting for a guy with his passing skill to just pass off the puck but he’s got to recognize good shooting lanes and just take the shots.

Last edited:

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
I think he's been passing a bit too often when he could be shooting (or carrying the puck a little further)
because he wants to show he's a good team-mate (not a puck hog).

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

But he's not producing on the PP, he is so far outside of the play when he gets the puck, I get that he's trying to create space for the team, but it isn't working and he is instantly not a threat because the opposing team knows he's looking to move the puck when hes down low or on the half boards. It's bring back Legwand memories on the PP, but on the opposite side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad