Prospect Info: Tim Bozon released from hospital

StanAjax

Jul 30, 2003
Nantes
Visit site
Bozon only gets the signing bonus money. He wouldn't get any of the money from the contract.

The point was just that he's under contract with the Habs, so if the Habs / Molson want to pay for the medical care, the family accomodation (flight, hotel...), there shouldn't be any problem with the League, unlike if that happened with an NCAA player.

Just being stuck in a hospital bed for two weeks without moving will have a significant impact on his muscles. They atrophy a lot quicker than you think. Since he's still young and a high-level athlete, hopefully he can recover faster than average.

That could slow his development a bit but that shouldn't prevent him to be a professionnal hockey player. Galchenyuk missed almost all his draft year. And though he was able to keep fit / train in gym for the most part obviously, he was probably forbidden to move much for several weeks after his knee surgery...

It's really a "boom or bust" situation with meningitis. If his brain isn't permanently altered :)crossfing), he will be able to recover and do whatever he wants of his life. Otherwise, his whole life will be affected, and his family's life too...

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Don't want to be a debbie downer, happy for the kid, glad he's doing better and I hope he makes a full recovery. But it's crazy how much sympathy a kid most people don't even know will receive just because he's associated to Habs while there's people dying or living from even worse conditions everywhere in the world and they get 0 mention.

Anyways, again, not a debbie downer, it's just an observation.

Well it is a board about the Habs, and I'd go further to say this board is an entertainment distraction from those other things we SHOULD be thinking about.

I should be doing anything but drinking green beer and typing on this board right now. But here I am .

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Well it is a board about the Habs, and I'd go further to say this board is an entertainment distraction from those other things we SHOULD be thinking about.

I should be doing anything but drinking green beer and typing on this board right now. But here I am .

Kinda like hockey. So many better things I should be spending time on :laugh:

Glad to see Bozon doing better. Was starting to fear the worst.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nothing, hence me saying it's nothing more than an observation on human behavior. It wasn't meant as a criticism.

From a universal standpoint, difficult to quibble with your assertion. Any human life has value. Obviously, on a fan board such as this, hockey lives will get exaggerated attention.

That said, none of us can say with certainty that Bozon's career is over. In fact, it's not even relevant at this point -- main thing is that he is doing better. The rest will take care of itself. Baby steps.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Wow... great news, he'll most likely live, which is the best news, now let's see if he'll be able to have a normal life.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Great news ! Now, let's hope that he doesn't have any severe disabilities. The fact that he's trying to speak seems like a hint that he's not back and may never come back to 100% though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't know it could be common out of a coma like that especially where there is swelling on the brain.. Might take a bit for the neural pathways to resume normal function

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thank goodness he's out of that coma. Here's hoping for more progress. Keep at it, Tim. :handclap:

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Good news
Anything is better than death

anything...?
2007-08_RBK_Home_Jersey.gif

just kiding. I'm happy Bozon is alive and I'm waiting for more news on his condition.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I'm happy for him and his family, it wasn't looking great for a little while there.

The kid's a fighter, it's what this team needs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad