OT: Ticket Thread - 2018/19 (Make sure to read rules on post 1 before posting tix!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Exactly. What do they think is gonna happen when ticketmaster servers go down at 6:45 or 7 pm on a game night? The back logo of thousands trying to get into the garden will make 50% of the Garden miss the entire first period.

If you're a STH who goes to games and doesn't want to use hard tickets, a Ticketmaster malfunction is one reason why you might consider loading a month's worth of tickets in your phone today via Apple wallet. I assume Android has an equivalent, but I'm not sure. When you do that, you don't have to connect to the interwebs to show off your QR code. I tried it in Airplane mode, and it displayed my ticket, so I assume that it means it's on my phone. This is a great idea if:

A) You're afraid of not being able to log in to Ticketmaster because Ticketmaster will go down due to being overloaded.
B) You know that your phone reception in North Station will be absolutely crap, and you don't want to depend on the spotty-at-best WiFi that they have at the Garden. Thanks, AT&T.

This will also make your lock screen show a notification for the game about 1-2 hours before, which is handy - you can just touch it and the QR code pops right up.

That said, I don't think that a few thousand people logging on at the Garden is going to tilt Ticketmaster, but I'm no data expert. But a generic "oops, TM is down because of reasons"? Yeah, that could happen, and folks would be PISSED.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I heard parking at the Garden will be $48 this year....not that I park there but thats insane level.

Am I the only STH that is pissed about paying full season ticket prices for 3 preseason games? Thats ridiculous.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I heard parking at the Garden will be $48 this year....not that I park there but thats insane level.

Am I the only STH that is pissed about paying full season ticket prices for 3 preseason games? Thats ridiculous.

I am thrilled to pay full price for 3 games that I am lucky to sell for about 75% less than face value.:sarcasm:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I am thrilled to pay full price for 3 games that I am lucky to sell for about 75% less than face value.:sarcasm:

LOL. Its crap. I wonder if other NHL charge full price tickets for preseason games. The other sports reduce prices. Why should we be paying NHL prices for non-NHL caliber games?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
LOL. Its crap. I wonder if other NHL charge full price tickets for preseason games. The other sports reduce prices. Why should we be paying NHL prices for non-NHL caliber games?

The NFL does not reduce prices for preseason games.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Even if the Bruins did flex pricing like for example the Celtics do, it would not matter in the end. Sure the price on the preseason Celtics games are cheaper. But big games are just higher so it evens out...

So sure they could reduce the prices of the preseason games $25 or so for a season ticket holder... Then they will just raise the Montreal and other big games to make up for it like the others team do..

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I don't mind it, because I just think of it as paying at worst about 7% more, for the other 41 games - and that's assuming the preseason games are totally worthless, which they're not. A $55-60 balcony seat could probably get $7-10 on StubHub, so the three games togther are worth about half a regular season game. That brings it down to about 6%.

But when you consider that same seat for the rest of the season...it's not unreasonable to guess that you could get at least $58-64 for a $55-$60 balcony seat on average, easily recouping your cost. The Habs, Leafs, and Penguins each come twice, and those are 6 premium games. Rangers could be good too, as will Black Friday and the season closing game if it's close. Add in a bump for any Saturday game, and deduct a bit for a few dud games, and I think you're still "ahead".

In other words, I don't think of it as paying $55 per game. I think of it as paying $15 for the first three games, and $58 for all the rest.

Are the prices high...even ridiculously high? Probably. But out of all their fans, the Bruins are probably screwing over the full STHs the least. Game planners are starting to get royally screwed; today, you could buy the cheapest SH ticket to each game in any of the 5, 6, or 11 game plans and you'd either be way ahead, or no more than about $30 in the hole. Wait longer, and get an even better deal. The situation's not like that at all for full STHs....at least, not yet.

What is more annoying to me is:

1) The lack of guidelines as to what makes a reseller and what doesn't. Selling your pair of STH tickets 5 times in the season probably doesn't. Selling them 30 times probably does. Where's the line?

2) Minimum pricing on the Ticketmaster resale market. You can't sell a ticket for under...I think it's something like $35 or $36. For the regular season while the Bruins are doing well, that's not an issue. For preseason games? It makes the official resale marketplace functionally useless unless some hapless person does decide to buy there.

3) Lack of pricing tiers for STHs. You have to explain to a friend who's a casual fan why you don't want to give him your Habs tickets for face value...and setting a fair face value can be a little awkward.

At least we have paper tickets. Lots of teams seem to be getting rid of those...soon, the only mementos we'll have will be digital.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I don't mind it, because I just think of it as paying at worst about 7% more, for the other 41 games - and that's assuming the preseason games are totally worthless, which they're not. A $55-60 balcony seat could probably get $7-10 on StubHub, so the three games togther are worth about half a regular season game. That brings it down to about 6%.

But when you consider that same seat for the rest of the season...it's not unreasonable to guess that you could get at least $58-64 for a $55-$60 balcony seat on average, easily recouping your cost. The Habs, Leafs, and Penguins each come twice, and those are 6 premium games. Rangers could be good too, as will Black Friday and the season closing game if it's close. Add in a bump for any Saturday game, and deduct a bit for a few dud games, and I think you're still "ahead".

In other words, I don't think of it as paying $55 per game. I think of it as paying $15 for the first three games, and $58 for all the rest.

Are the prices high...even ridiculously high? Probably. But out of all their fans, the Bruins are probably screwing over the full STHs the least. Game planners are starting to get royally screwed; today, you could buy the cheapest SH ticket to each game in any of the 5, 6, or 11 game plans and you'd either be way ahead, or no more than about $30 in the hole. Wait longer, and get an even better deal. The situation's not like that at all for full STHs....at least, not yet.

1) The lack of guidelines as to what makes a reseller and what doesn't. Selling your pair of STH tickets 5 times in the season probably doesn't. Selling them 30 times probably does. Where's the line?

2) Minimum pricing on the Ticketmaster resale market. You can't sell a ticket for under...I think it's something like $35 or $36. For the regular season while the Bruins are doing well, that's not an issue. For preseason games? It makes the official resale marketplace functionally useless unless some hapless person does decide to buy there.

3) Lack of pricing tiers for STHs. You have to explain to a friend who's a casual fan why you don't want to give him your Habs tickets for face value...and setting a fair face value can be a little awkward.

At least we have paper tickets. Lots of teams seem to be getting rid of those...soon, the only mementos we'll have will be digital.

Interesting points....one thing - I believe the Patriots have reduced preseason tickets prices and Red Sox spring training are dramatically reduced as well.

- I see your points but as you mentioned say I wanted to sell a Habs game and some other games to recoup the preseason game costs - I am not at risk of losing my season tickets since I could be flagged as a reseller. You should be able to sell a certain amount of games and not get flagged.

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Looking to get rid of my tickets for tonight's preseason game against Detroit.

2x @ $12 a piece
Balcony 323 Row 15 Seats 9,10

Cash only. Can meet at the Garden.

Message me if interested. Thanks!

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview

Tampa Bay does... same price for every ticket every game all season.. (except playoffs of course).. but publicly they do dynamic pricing.. so a Saturday game is 20.00 more than a Tuesday game etc.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
Legends announced today no PDF printouts (No surprise) and will be using hard tickets this season (Don't ever remember hard tickets for them) guess they didn't want to chance mobile app only and are pretty strong about no PDF files.

Pre season is Mobile only as they have not shipped the tickets yet. You would think they would enabled PDF for the pre season only as I really doubt someone is selling counterfeit preseason Legends tickets :)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Apparently they're doing the last mintue tickets and upgrades with Experience again this year:

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/tickets/last-minute-ticket-alerts

Last year, they had some really, really good deals. IIRC, they had the October Habs game for $50 in the balcony. Even in October, that's about as low as you're going to get for a Habs game without "knowing a guy". They bumped the prices up to $60-$80 for most of the rest of the season, with $60 being the norm.

It's not always the best price, but there definitely were some games where it was, and it's a good option if you don't mind getting a text for each home game day at around 10 AM (unless you unsubscribe). You don't get to pick your seat, just "upper balcony" (8+) or "lower balcony" (7-), end or side, and for today's game, it was the same price. They then send you the QR code via Account Manager.

That said, for today's preseason game, it was $50. That's crazy talk. But if you want to go to the home opener and don't have tickets, and if you're willing to respond to the text fairly quickly, and don't mind if it gets sold out (which it can), it's a good option to save a few bucks.

They also do upgrades, which had been a bit overpriced last year, IMO....until they did a weird thing in the playoffs, giving $1 zam...errr...ice resurfacer rides during intermission.

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
Would I be better off buying two tickets to the Monday night game now or wait a few days and try to see if better seats get cheaper?

pedrospecialk

Jul 6, 2005
Waltham, MA

Regarding #2, plan holders aren't able to adjust their tickets down for resale below the ticket face value.

Meaning for a preseason game, I can't sell my two seats for < $60 unless I transfer em away for free.

I get what they're trying to do, but in terms of implementation and clarity on the messaging (even in the plan buying process), 'ham-fisted' would be describing it generously.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Anyone know if you can sell mobile tickets on the exchange that you received from another STH? Account manager isn't letting me (they are grayed out), I'm assuming the rule is they need to be your actual season seats to be able to sell them on the exchange?? :dunno:

If that's the case I may need to try Stubhub for selling these mobile seats

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Regarding #2, plan holders aren't able to adjust their tickets down for resale below the ticket face value.

Meaning for a preseason game, I can't sell my two seats for < $60 unless I transfer em away for free.

I get what they're trying to do, but in terms of implementation and clarity on the messaging (even in the plan buying process), 'ham-fisted' would be describing it generously.

Interesting. I'm trying to get rid of one ticket for a regular season game, and I'm 95% sure I was able to at least type $40 as a ticket price - didn't put it on the market for that little, but maybe that's a STH "perk"? Pretty lame if they force game planners to sell at face value.

And I agree about clarity - I heard nothing at all about the 10% fees, or about the minimum price you can sell. Then again, for some reason they seem to keep eating my email address at the Bruins, and don't send me all the emails...but it's not transparent. (No, not in the SPAM folder - anything with "Bruin" in the address is protected.)

When first put my ticket up for a moderately outrageously high price (let's say $100 for ease of math), it showed that I'd be listing the ticket for $100 and earning $100. I came back and it had reduced my "earning" amount to $90 - I think it was a bug in the system.

I honestly don't see why they need a buyer's fee AND a seller's fee, unless it's for tax purposes and/or "dividing the blow between two people" purposes, and making it less transparent that they're making about 28% per ticket, not 10% (to the seller) or 21.5% (to the buyer).

One annoying factor about face value: If they cancel a game outright, the minimum they can do is give you back face value. If it's a preseason game, that's great - I don't know anyone who wouldn't gladly pocket a $50 instead of going to the game. But if they cancel a Leafs or Habs game...that $50 for a potentially $80-90 ticket would be really bad for STHs. Now, they could probably do an "apology" thing, like give you a concession gift card, arrange a bonus event, or something...but I'd rather not play the lottery. I'd rather have face value be closer to the real value, and get back $15 for a preseason game, and $85 for a premium game.

Last edited:

Sec311Row6

May 30, 2008
2 tickets in section 311 row 6 (aisle seats) for $54 each

10/19 vs Vancouver
10/26 vs San Jose

SOLD

Last edited:

nickyb

May 5, 2004
All is right with the world:

____

Hello StubHub Seller

You have now been approved to sell Mobile Tickets on StubHub. Below are the instructions to list your tickets as Mobile Transfer. Please read them very carefully!

LISTING REQUIREMENTS

When listings tickets please make sure you are selecting ?Transfer Mobile Tickets? as the delivery method.

FULFILLMENT REQUIREMENTS

Upon sale, you will receive a ?Tickets Sold? email from StubHub:

1. You will receive the buyer NAME and EMAIL at the time of sale in your sales email.

2. You will then LOGIN to the account in which you have your mobile tickets.

3. Click the tickets which you would like to TRANSFER.

4. Use the Buyer EMAIL that can be found in your Tickets Sold email to transfer the tickets.

5. After you have reviewed and confirmed all the information is correct. Please hit the CONFIRM TRANSFER button to successfully transfer your tickets.

6. Please upload the MOBILE CONFIRMATION TEMPLATE (attached) once the tickets are transferred to give the buyer the proper instructions and trigger delivery.

Upon completion of those steps, you will receive an email confirmation that your seats were successfully transferred.

All Mobile Seat listings will fall off StubHub 4 hours prior to event start time.

Speedy or Boss fan, do you guys sell on multiple platforms at once? Just wondering about selling on the exchange and Stubhub at the same time since the fees are the same now........or is it too much of a headache???

pedrospecialk

Jul 6, 2005
Waltham, MA
Interesting. I'm trying to get rid of one ticket for a regular season game, and I'm 95% sure I was able to at least type $40 as a ticket price - didn't put it on the market for that little, but maybe that's a STH "perk"? Pretty lame if they force game planners to sell at face value.

Yeah sounds like it's specific to Plan holders, my ticket rep confirmed it.

That's one hell of a carrot to dangle to entice jumping into full season tickets...

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Speedy or Boss fan, do you guys sell on multiple platforms at once? Just wondering about selling on the exchange and Stubhub at the same time since the fees are the same now........or is it too much of a headache???
Listing in multiple platforms has the risk of simultaneous sales. If something sells on StubHub and then it sells on the exchange before you get it off then you will be unable to fulfill the StubHub sale. It has happened to me so I do not cross post tickets anymore.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

This my 35th year? and I never remember it not full season ticket price:laugh:

I like the preseason games more than many regular in a weird way- watching the rookies and the place is less crowded and more laid back atmosphere

watching Bjork, Lauzon, Senyshyn, and Heinen tonight intrigues me more than that lineup last February

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
This my 35th year? and I never remember it not full season ticket price:laugh:

I like the preseason games more than many regular in a weird way- watching the rookies and the place is less crowded and more laid back atmosphere

watching Bjork, Lauzon, Senyshyn, and Heinen tonight intrigues me more than that lineup last February

I hear ya. I love watching the preseason games and even stream them on my phone like some weirdo. That being said - I dont like paying full price for those games - and 3 of them! I wouldnt mind JJ throwing STH a bone and making those games 50% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad