Blue Jays Discussion: Thus Endth the 2016 Season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Well, they had the starter advantage going into game 1, but we have one going into games 2-3-4, so hopefully we take advantage of it.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Yep. I've got a hat.

elviaje_05.jpg

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Martin batting 5th has been driving me crazy. He should be no higher then 8th. Joey bats walks a lot and Martin is a rally killer over and over again. Has to be Tulo in the 5 hole.

That first inning set the tone. I was honestly shocked Donaldson didn't score from first on EE double. Especially when it died on the wall. No discount Joey bats has to at least put the ball in play to get him in. Let's see what tomorrow brings. A split coming back to TO would be awesome

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
It'd also be really nice if the umps would stop letting Andrew Miller get strikeouts without actually throwing strikes, you know? I don't think I've ever seen a reliever as wild as Miller who somehow constantly gets the calls he does...

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
It'd also be really nice if the umps would stop letting Andrew Miller get strikeouts without actually throwing strikes, you know? I don't think I've ever seen a reliever as wild as Miller who somehow constantly gets the calls he does...

The ump was trolling the Jays. He cleaned up the zone a bit after Gibbons came out and had a chat about the low strikes to Upton and Edwin, but then as soon as Miller came in he threw the zone out the window. Bautista standing at the end dugout staring him down was priceless but didn't solve anything.

But hey, today's another day.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Diaz strike zone was the same (read: beyond awful after the 4th) for both teams. Unfortunately Estrada made one bad pitch and they made none.

Win today and come home with the pitching advantages in Games 3/4.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Good morning everyone. Still chewing on yesterday's loss. It really bothers me that we allowed so many RISP to come to nothing, against a guy who has a +6 ERA against us. What's even worse is the fact that Estrada pitched our first complete game of the season only to get totally let down by the bats. If they don't smack Tomlin around today I will be VERY annoyed. He has okay stuff and, like Estrada, he uses his set-ups to break batters, but has NOWHERE as good pitches. Again, we should feast on this guy today. If we don't, it truly may be the Bats of September coming back to haunt us.

I'm still calling Jays in 6, but man i'm ticked, cuz it easily coulda been Jays in 5.... :(

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Good morning everyone. Still chewing on yesterday's loss. It really bothers me that we allowed so many RISP to come to nothing, against a guy who has a +6 ERA against us. What's even worse is the fact that Estrada pitched our first complete game of the season only to get totally let down by the bats. If they don't smack Tomlin around today I will be VERY annoyed. He has okay stuff and, like Estrada, he uses his set-ups to break batters, but has NOWHERE as good pitches. Again, we should feast on this guy today. If we don't, it truly may be the Bats of September coming back to haunt us.

I'm still calling Jays in 6, but man i'm ticked, cuz it easily coulda been Jays in 5.... :(

I'll say it again, JB had men on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and struck out. That turned out to be huge.
And I wonder if Barney/Goins track down those hits Travis missed......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad