Pre-Game Talk: Thursday February 28 | Leafs @ Islanders 7pm SNET-O | Bounce Back Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianLov3

Feb 21, 2013
G😍 Leafs
The Leafs got to the hotel in NY @ 3:00am due to flight delay.. theyll be sleep deprived. My bet is Reimer will sit out on this one too because of the 3 days off after this game, makes sense. I don't like Scrivens at all, everytime he has the puck or attempts to grab the puck my heart races lol can't wait for everyone to be healthy -sigh

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The Leafs got to the hotel in NY @ 3:00am due to flight delay.. theyll be sleep deprived. My bet is Reimer will sit out on this one too because of the 3 days off after this game, makes sense. I don't like Scrivens at all, everytime he has the puck or attempts to grab the puck my heart races lol can't wait for everyone to be healthy -sigh

Its confirmed Reimer is starting

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
That warm and fuzzy feeling that I have been having is beginning to wain a bit.
Last nights game was pretty bad. Need to bounce back tonight and string a few victories together.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Hopefully the Leafs are able to maintain a .500 pace with a few winning streaks mixed in. Otherwise we're looking at a 9th-10th place finish. Not good.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Am i the only one who thinks that the Leafs are way more confident when Reimer is playing

No they definitely are.

And I used to play high level hockey and we had 2 goalies. One was really good and one was a younger guy who was shaky at best. Our record was almost exactly inverse with the 2 in net 11-4-1 4-11-2. Sometimes I would say he lost it for us, other times I would say we played worse just not having confidence in him.

It's a chicken and egg argument but I think there is some veracity to it.

Where is the GDT???!

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Bounce back nothing. Tavares will score a hat trick and the Leafs will lose again.

Tonight humiliating lose to Montreal was a season ender.

Yet we're not even half way through the season.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
The logic should be opposite wouldn't you think?.... Remember 2002 run... CuJo was hurt, Corey Schwab came in, and if I recall, the Leafs were pretty good - played more tight defensively. Not to mention, they had lots of other injuries that playoff.

If your #1 goalie is in net, the team can play more loose, because their confidence in that tender stopping the puck, should be really high, you can take more chances, with the knowledge that hey..this guy can bail me out. Whereas, if you have a backup playing (via rest, or injury) the team should think that they must play more sound defense, and help the backup more - take less chances, etc.

Yes?????

I think Scrivens has been just fine for them short term. His rebound control is a little haphazard, but as a short term replacement, you can't complain much. Most of the goals last night, were deflected on the way to the net.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
Was hoping Gards would be up today but I'm guessing we'll see it tomorrow. We really need a guy like him or Liles back in the lineup, our breakout pass has really been struggling lately, don't need to spend a minute trying to get in the offensive zone on a PP like yesterday

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You're acting like Kessel has been playing bad for awhile.

He had an off night last night, like many of the players.

Stop overreacting.

Sorry, but, I disagree. Kessel had an off night last night and too many other off nights before last night!

Kessel and JVR need to wake up and put in a better effort in EVERY SINGLE GAME! Showing up 1 out of every 5 or 6 games just doesn't cut it! You can't tell me every team is able to shut them down as consistent as it is happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad