Pre-Game Talk: Thursday February 28 | Leafs @ Islanders 7pm SNET-O | Bounce Back Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
imo if reimer does not start tonight in the second of a back to back where scrivens was extremely busy the night before then that would translate to reimer not physically being ready to play, if thats the case he should not be the backup..so by using my logic Reimer will start tonight

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Folks lets take a big picture approach to this

So far this month we are 8-6 and will have a winning month. Last month we went 4-3 so that is back to back winning months. We win tonight and its a 9-6 month Keep having winning months and that leads to a playoff berth.

I see the potential of this team by how good they play some games and expect it game after game and get frustrated when you see efforts like last night and the game against Carolina but then then think every teams has those games and its how you rebound.

We have been in almost every game and have had a chance to win them. This team is so far ahead of last year's team is ridiculous. Do they need a few upgrades sure but in a playoff series they can compete against any East team including Pits and Bos would they win? probably not but would still be a good series.

Now this can all change with one losing streak but right now I have a different feeling about this team where I go into every game and expect them to win instead of hoping they don't get smoked or lose.

The culture around this team is really changing and getting better with each game.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
this is going to be a tough game..were pretty much starting the game down 2-0 as we have to already count moulson and tavaras goals that they will score :D

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
after costco's game last night i can almost hear RC:
"thanks for helping out guy, you filled in a hole for us while we were hurting a bit"

dragnet theme

Toque*

Last nights loss wouldn't have been so bad if we won in Ottawa....and we all know who's fault that was...Ben "the bed crapper".

number72

Oct 9, 2011
I expect another hit from behind to the head by Phaneuf on Taveres and then him to skate away from Carkner and turn the puck over and finally turtle.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Has cor99 expressed that he will be posting the GDT at some point?

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
There is nothing wrong with Kessel that a good flogging wouldn't cure. Perhaps a keel-hauling might be required

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I hope they are starting reims because they are confident he's healed as close he can possibly at this time, not due to the recent performances of Scrivens. As many times I get a heart attack when scrivy gives up the big rebound and handles the puck, I can handle it a bit longer if it meant having reims a hundred percent.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I hope they are starting reims because they are confident he's healed as close he can possibly at this time, not due to the recent performances of Scrivens. As many times I get a heart attack when scrivy gives up the big rebound and handles the puck, I can handle it a bit longer if it meant having reims a hundred percent.

Apparently hes 100%, he just wanted a bit more time to get used to the knee brace before playing. Was on TSN radio yesterday.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Apparently hes 100%, he just wanted a bit more time to get used to the knee brace before playing. Was on TSN radio yesterday.

I hope you are right and this is true. Hockey players are stubborn and cocky, they are more than willing to play through injuries at times, hence I am scared this might be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad