Pre-Game Talk: Thursday February 28 | Leafs @ Islanders 7pm SNET-O | Bounce Back Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Maybe a bit early, but I'd rather forget the last game ASAP. Leafs need to bounce back against the Islanders. It won't be easy on the second night of the back to back and having to travel to long island.

Regarding injuries:

February 26th, @Sportsnet
#MapleLeafs coach Randy Carlyle says Thursday's game could see the return of Matt Frattin and James Reimer. http://*******/ZGZJ7z #NHL

February 27th, @MapleLeafs
@scottandersona Frattin could return Thursday while Lupul is still a few weeks away

February 28th, @markhmasters
@markhmasters: Scrivens on the ice this morning along with the scratches from last night & Frattin; all signs pointing to Reimer returning tonight

February 28th, @HennyTweets
Optional skare for the leafs on long island. Ben scrivens is here. James reimer gets morning off...expected starter tonight. #tmltalk

Last edited:

ForSpareParts*

**** it. there's always tomorrow's game.

we need a win.

go leafs go.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Not even looking forward to this game.

I hope carlyle records himself yellin at the team and makes them replay it over and over on their flight.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I hope we win this. For the team's sake, and for the sake of HFBoards.

For some reason, whenever the Isles beat us, their fans start trolling in full force on the main boards and act like they won the Cup.

After the last embarrassing game we had against them, all the Isles fans on the main board started acting like they had the greatest team ever and wouldn't stop chirping, making fun of us for our lack of playoff berths and other crap, despite the fact that their team hasn't won a playoff series in two decades and is a complete laughingstock franchise with that clown Wang as owner.

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
Habs fan coming in peace. You guys deserve to get into the playoffs; that Leafs team was a lot better than all previous Leafs squads I saw since 2005... I'll grant you this much: you guys mustn't squander any chance you got to be part of the playoffs this year around; parity means highly variable fortunes for borderline-playoff teams.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
A regulation loss is unacceptable tomorrow. I won't feel good about a 12-10-0 record

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Habs fan coming in peace. You guys deserve to get into the playoffs; that Leafs team was a lot better than all previous Leafs squads I saw since 2005... I'll grant you this much: you guys mustn't squander any chance you got to be part of the playoffs this year around; parity means highly variable fortunes for borderline-playoff teams.

You should revisit the two wins the Leafs have on the Habs; it would paint a better picture of what this team is like.

The Leafs are leaning on a backup goalie; with 2 offensive threats out of the game. It's starting to show.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I hope we win this. For the team's sake, and for the sake of HFBoards.

For some reason, whenever the Isles beat us, their fans start trolling in full force on the main boards and act like they won the Cup.

After the last embarrassing game we had against them, all the Isles fans on the main board started acting like they had the greatest team ever and wouldn't stop chirping, making fun of us for our lack of playoff berths and other crap, despite the fact that their team hasn't won a playoff series in two decades and is a complete laughingstock franchise with that clown Wang as owner.

They mad for a couple reasons: 2002 playoffs and Phaneuf smoking Okposo/Tavares countless times. Still a pain in the arse to play against them. Wonder what the leafs season record is over the years. They always seem to be close games.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
They mad for a couple reasons: 2002 playoffs and Phaneuf smoking Okposo/Tavares countless times. Still a pain in the arse to play against them. Wonder what the leafs season record is over the years. They always seem to be close games.

It's not as close as you think, I remember someone posting it after last game, but minus the Roloson years we've dominated them enough.

Even last season we went 3-1-0 against them.

They were playing well at the beginning but have become the old Islanders since then. If we lose tomorrow, WITH Reimer and Frattin back, there is something wrong with this team.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Don't have too many high expectations of reimer. He's just coming back from injury, and we all know that even thought the leafs organization may say he's fully ready, he might still not be 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad