Post-Game Talk: Thursday becomes a must win as Panthers lay egg vs Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
truly don't get this. even rowe didn't play thorty every game. playing a far inferior player over mamin makes zero sense. its borderline religious at this point with haley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Bad move. Mamin should not sit. Think about the Mamin record!

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
So can we not lose anymore games here on out? I'm not sure I can handle the potential to drain myself emotionally going over our playoff scenarios/necessary outcomes.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
well, we all knew mamin was going to be the one who sits, unfortunately. let us not forget that they would still scratch him in favor of vrbata every now and then recently........
i guess its nice to have some depth now. if anyone tweaks something its nice to know we have something solid in place. ive been a big fan of mamin's play.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So can we not lose anymore games here on out? I'm not sure I can handle the potential to drain myself emotionally going over our playoff scenarios/necessary outcomes.
Good plan.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If NJD goes better than 3-3 in their next 6 Florida's probably f***ed. Good chance it doesn't happen though. Just cheer for Devils losses.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
:huh:

We are in full control of our own destiny. Let's just win more games than CBJ and NJD.
I think it will be next to impossible to accrue 3 more points than CBJ, their schedule is too easy. And if NJD gets through this part of their schedule unscathed, they have an easy finish too. I mean you're right, we do control our own fate, but 4 games against Boston, games Vs Nsh and Toronto, it's hard to see Florida going 13-3. If they go closer to 9-7 or 10-6 they do need some help.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think it will be next to impossible to accrue 3 more points than CBJ, their schedule is too easy. And if NJD gets through this part of their schedule unscathed, they have an easy finish too. I mean you're right, we do control our own fate, but 4 games against Boston, games Vs Nsh and Toronto, it's hard to see Florida going 13-3. If they go closer to 9-7 or 10-6 they do need some help.

Unless they beat CBJ in regulation I agree.

I do think Philly is worth paying attention too still. They have Vegas tonight so we could conceivably gain 2 on them. They also play Lumbus on Thursday so if thats a regulation decision, points can be gained on either team (We do play Boston though).

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

I'm actually more scared about tonights game that NSH or Toronto.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hello, fellow Panthers fans. It's good to see Malgin is back in, he's really clicked with Vinny and Hubie. We'll see if Vatrano clicks as well on line 3 as he did in Malgin's spot last game. Mamin is good there, but I'm ok with them giving Vatrano a look. It's not as questionable as scratching Mamin for Vrbata was. Having to choose which good player to sit is a great problem to have. Mamin seems kind of similar to McGinn, in that he probably would work on 4th line, but Haley's is not going to be scratched, his contributions go well beyond fighting. He's used more than Thornton was because he is a better player than the aging Thorny was. MacK's like works well together, Boughner is not going to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad